A Game of Crowns (Mafia)

Anybody have any idea which player was night killed?
"Flashes of claws and fangs" does not work together with pulped bodies and shattered bones.
No second kill just made me move towards survivor or them having decided not to kill.
I wonder if they might have been a lyncher, or maybe having something like a one shot day/night kill and a single target they needed to identify. Given the general oddity of the set up, a single target makes more sense than usual.

So, Evenstar mentioned being roleblocked with the same fluff about thorny vines as got Nanimani. And Nanimani being confirmed town gives us solid reason to believe they were providing good information. We definitely have a roleblocker and, given the targets, probably a scummy one.

I got no messages during the night. Did anybody besides Evenstar get any messages they can safely report?

We really need some more data to work on, we got lucky nixing whatever LTTL was. @ComiTurtle you mentioned having an idea as to why TurtleDucks thought Absum was town. I know you said it was bad reasoning, but if it is something you can share without putting town at risk I'd really like to hear it.
If you think the arguments are convincing enough for a lynch aside from that it's fine (and to be clear that doesn't have to mean 100% scum lock). But if you're gonna lynch me for info you should consider that that means I won't be around to generate info later,
I kind of want to know what you meant by that, Absum. Like what further info would you be generating that could be gained by lynching you later?

Ignore the first question. I typed it before I refreshed the page.

I kind of want to know what you meant by that, Absum. Like what further info would you be generating that could be gained by lynching you later?
The information created by general activity and posting. It's effectively the reason Nictis said he switched to LttL.

What I'm saying there is that if you're deciding between an activity lynch and an info-lynch (or at least one where getting info is what convinces you to vote), you also need to take into account if the immediate info gained is worth the loss of later activity. If there is no competing activity lynch that's not relevant because you'd lose future activity no matter what, and if there's no competing lynch at all you run into it generally being better to lynch someone than no one.

Let me begin by apologizing I'm legitimately being a bad player I'm letting myself be distracted by things, because of a strategy I believe that my predecessor was doing and trying to continue it in honor of them being a fellow turtle. :V

I didn't even finish my notes thing, and plainly that is unacceptable.

I also was legitimately surprised that LTTL popped Red, and I too read that as an SK that didn't kill night 1, but that is certainly not something one can say confidently.

We really need some more data to work on, we got lucky nixing whatever LTTL was. @ComiTurtle you mentioned having an idea as to why TurtleDucks thought Absum was town. I know you said it was bad reasoning, but if it is something you can share without putting town at risk I'd really like to hear it.

TurtleDuck thought Absum was town because... well I'm not sure they legitimately thought that, I think they wanted Absum alive to spread the idea that TurtleDucks was a night immune town character. This is accurate somewhat, but I'm not town I'm survivor. I'm an Armorsmith, you can't tell but I'm wearing a full suit of armor right now and am immune to some number of night kills before I can be eliminated by any faction in the night.

I've not played open for a long time and being open third party means I'm forever the back-up lynch so I should be forced to act for you all.

I'm sorry about everything, I'm just being garbage as a player.

So yeah, kinda a useless reason, but here we now have me to talk about.

Let me begin by apologizing I'm legitimately being a bad player I'm letting myself be distracted by things, because of a strategy I believe that my predecessor was doing and trying to continue it in honor of them being a fellow turtle. :V

I also was legitimately surprised that LTTL popped Red, and I too read that as an SK that didn't kill night 1, but that is certainly not something one can say confidently.

TurtleDuck thought Absum was town because... well I'm not sure they legitimately thought that, I think they wanted Absum alive to spread the idea that TurtleDucks was a night immune town character. This is accurate somewhat, but I'm not town I'm survivor. I'm an Armorsmith, you can't tell but I'm wearing a full suit of armor right now and am immune to some number of night kills before I can be eliminated by any faction in the night.

I've not played open for a long time and being open third party means I'm forever the back-up lynch so I should be forced to act for you all.

My first day in my first game I got a fellow townie lynched. I think you're doing pretty well, all considered.

I'm a bit confused about how Absum fits into all this. Without saying anything else about their role, do you think (for whatever reason) that Absum is town?

My first day in my first game I got a fellow townie lynched. I think you're doing pretty well, all considered.

I'm a bit confused about how Absum fits into all this. Without saying anything else about their role, do you think (for whatever reason) that Absum is town?

Absum has been one of my suspect reads for quite some time, but I really need to dive back in to get a proper reason.

I'd suggest not to give me much leniency, I'm claimed non-town, and I'm an "experienced" player. I know I'm better than how I'm playing and thats honestly very frustrating.

I'm not buying this so hard that I went and checked to see if you could be distracting from Nictis. And while I could in theory see some things as TD helping with fishing early on this seems a weird time to start a distraction so I'm probably wrong about that.

I'm not buying this so hard that I went and checked to see if you could be distracting from Nictis. And while I could in theory see some things as TD helping with fishing early on this seems a weird time to start a distraction so I'm probably wrong about that.
I guess you could test it by trying to night kill @ComiTurtle .

LttL didn't seem like maf flavour to me, tbh.
... Well, thanks for making that scumread feel stronger.
The day draws to an end, and the crowd murmurs ominously, closing in on their chosen victim. When it becomes apparent that Lysander Roth will not be leaving alive, he sighs and straightens his suit, saying his final piece.

Then he explodes.

The form of the aged butler is torn to shreds as another figure erupts from within the suit of skin, throwing itself at the crowd and burrowing into their ranks like an arrow into a wound. All anyone can glimpse are flashes of claws and fangs and sun-bronzed muscle as the monster rips its way through the ranks of the soldiers, before eventually dropping from the dozens of wounds it sustained during its rampage.

Cautiously, the corpse is approached and examined. They prove to be one of the half-beast savages from the far south, which would normally raise questions as to "what the fuck is it doing here?", but the sigil of the Bloodletter Brotherhood etched into its flesh answers that question quite handily. It seems somebody left an assassin running around without calling them off.

Night 2 begins. Night ends at:
Anyway wrt Nictis:
  • Has been constantly leaking info and hinting at knowing more and it really feels like fishing to me (especially once we got the D2 start flavour)
  • The focus on finding out whether I am an important role or not and trying to lynch me once he thinks I'm not <- this is probably the weakest reason for the rest of you but Nictis' reasons for lynching me still make little sense to me
  • Switching off of me to LttL when he's convinced I am scum. This is just bad as Town unless he was much less certain than he acted. As scum he'd have better reasons because otherwise he could end up as main driver of a mislynch two Days in a row (even if it was a 3-way tie at the time). Tbh as I actually had this theory before the LttL flip this probably plays a role in me reading LttL as not Maf.
  • I read this as trying to direct Town PR. It's much softer than I remembered now that I'm seeing it again but I don't super like it either.
With Nani dead the only other people that immediately come to mind are Ban, Evenstar and Cyricubed. But Ban is literally gutfeels still and thus not actually worth a vote, case against Cyri is still weak and Evenstar I'm hoping will be able to participate more today because that read feels outdated and based on low activity.

I'll try to look into a bunch of people not mentioned here to see if anything sticks out.
That first and second point are just you being uninformed or pretending to be uninformed. The third is blatantly ignoring the amount of questioning I'd done about you and Turtle, and the various points where I said I wasn't sure, and the frankly massive amount of confusion you two have been giving me all game. The fourth is... Yeah, directing Town in hopes that I don't have to lynch you. You're not wrong, but I feel like you're casting that in the worst light when the act was beneficial to you.

@BanTheFairyKing: Just what I said. They didn't feel like a legit candidate: it was a blatant policy lynch. The fact that it hit scum anyway makes me suspect deliberate bussing of an inactive partner.
You sayin' something? :V
We got invaded by black-clad legions/barbarians from Reim. This flavour is "a hidden half-beast assassin from a far-away land" that would normally prompt questions as to why it was here. Plus the line that's like "looks like someone forgot to call off an assassin" made me think more court intrigue stuff than invader-sent.

I suppose it could still be an assassin sent by the invaders but even then the fact that it was the assassins guild that was named as LttL's faction would make me think they're not maf with the invaders.
Ah, okay. Yeah, that's actually somewhat fair on the flavor stuff.
Both of you said this, but this would mean all maf are assassins. That's possible of course but it's not what I've been expecting. Especially considering this assassin could hide in someone else's body skin which seemed like a cop-immune thing to me.
Ehh, I got a different theory for this one.

Mmmm... Not liking this. This feels like a sort of confirmation for my other thoughts on scum.

Alright, so. As far as the setup goes, I think we have one of two possibilities. The first is a small group of Assassins that need to kill the VIP of the game with a side dish of a solo barbarian acting as the games Serial Killer, who needs the standard win condition of killing everyone. The second is a two two-person groups of scum, either competing for the VIP's head or with split win conditions to either kill the VIP and standard parity rules.

Either the Assassins can't be informed on who their target is and have to find them, or their target has to have an incredible amount of defenses to prevent them from killing the VIP by chance. I'm pretty sure it's the first because I don't see how the second would work mechanically.

Now for slightly less Setup Specific stuff... ComiTurtle is either Scum (Likely) or proof that there are a lot of disorganized scum, because with one or two scumgroups, having multiple bulletproofs is basically immortality for a Survivor. Plus I've already said I didn't like TD walking back the third party hinting to openly claim Town.

Oh yeah, hey @Evenstar what do you think of Meso, right now?

... Wait, was that actually your push against me?

And oh yeah, I can think of a few interactions with LttL that I should go dig up. I'll go do that.

And looking at the content of the actual votes it's not much of a wagon at all. It's also not going to Day end unless Turtleducks fucks up really bad because we don't tend to lynch first-time players Day 1 and as I said I'm mostly confused about what they're doing. I guess if you forced me to pick I'd go with uuh extremely misguided Town NK-proof or something? Because as Jester it's too obvious and as Maf it's detrimental (due to the possibility of attracting Vig kills or just getting lynched).

This is why I believe TD had a "town" read on Absum. Only thing that makes sense to me.

Now for slightly less Setup Specific stuff... ComiTurtle is either Scum (Likely) or proof that there are a lot of disorganized scum, because with one or two scumgroups, having multiple bulletproofs is basically immortality for a Survivor. Plus I've already said I didn't like TD walking back the third party hinting to openly claim Town.

Okay... that was probably a bit of a bad misdirect, I'm only night immune once. I'm not going to allow you to assume a disorganized mafia, cause I don't believe it myself.

EBWOP:

Yeah, I really didn't get them claiming town there, they were golden and open 3rd party, I guess they got cold feet being so blatant?

I guess you could test it by trying to night kill @ComiTurtle .
:eyeroll:

That first and second point are just you being uninformed or pretending to be uninformed. The third is blatantly ignoring the amount of questioning I'd done about you and Turtle, and the various points where I said I wasn't sure, and the frankly massive amount of confusion you two have been giving me all game. The fourth is... Yeah, directing Town in hopes that I don't have to lynch you. You're not wrong, but I feel like you're casting that in the worst light when the act was beneficial to you.
I really don't see how me being uninformed (like, as far as I can tell, most of Town) makes you leaking information better? The third, eeeh, I am usually more charitable but I don't mind making you actually say that you were unsure. You didn't seem that unsure anymore at EoD to me, so it's nice to know. Fourth, I dunno dude I literally said it wasn't actually as bad as I remembered and I'm hardly going to not comment because it is beneficial to me.

... Wait, was that actually your push against me?
Depends on where you draw the line for push I guess?

I said I had a theory about you being scum and broadly gave my reasons, if that counts then sure? But I'm not exactly expecting people to jump on it which is why I think it'd be weird if that was intended as a distraction?

If your push-sensors are calibrated per person it probably does count yea and it's probably also like my what, 4th? push in the idk how many games I've played here.

If you're using a general sensor I doubt anything I've ever done counts, though ymmv as always.

-snip- and if there's absolutely nobody that you feel is worth lynching there are the less active people. Dimensional and Look to The Left come to mind, and I wouldn't mind a Left lynch if I thought anyone would take the time to confirm Rosen as scum or shoot him. -snip-
I think Rosen's pretty clearly gonna die, so beyond not bringing anything up to three votes so scum can't tie it last second I don't think my vote's really gonna matter. Uh...

[x] Lynch DimensionalGuy

Because they need to post more (and change their avatar).
I still trust 1K though, just remembered this because it was kind of a 'Really?' moment for me.

Blegh, I'll go dig up the other LttL interactions later. Gonna have to actually check each page because I'm pretty sure there were three interactions I can think of but can't remember who did the other two.
I said I had a theory about you being scum and broadly gave my reasons, if that counts then sure? But I'm not exactly expecting people to jump on it which is why I think it'd be weird if that was intended as a distraction?
Honestly, this and the "distraction?" post just read really weirdly to me.

Honestly, this and the "distraction?" post just read really weirdly to me.
I can always try to explain if you specify but it's probably a playstyle thing?

Me posting that stuff about Nani the previous day and this about you is because I am trying to "actually do things" more instead of just commenting on stuff others have done and also because the previous Day was a bit of a wasteland so I'd rather just put my shit out there so that at least people have something to talk about.

I can always try to explain if you specify but it's probably a playstyle thing?

Me posting that stuff about Nani the previous day and this about you is because I am trying to "actually do things" more instead of just commenting on stuff others have done and also because the previous Day was a bit of a wasteland so I'd rather just put my shit out there so that at least people have something to talk about.
That's fair.

[x] Lynch ComiTurtle

I'm betting on them being one of the Invaders, don't feel like big posting right now.

@Happery have you got any thoughts you'd like to share? You've got the fewest posts of anybody playing right now.

Back