[X] To further serve Ilium. You were sent to officer school and your career as a guardsman hasn't reached its logical end. This diplomatic mission is important to the Realm and you saw a chance for greater service.
[X] To acquire more knowledge and experience. You wish to study other peoples, lands, cultures, etc. You'll make a name for yourself as a preeminent explorer and scholar.

Hell yeah, let's go for naive and curious! Uh, dutiful and curious. Of course. :D

All options are so tasty, ahhhh. Not going to put any arguments here, for me it came down more to what I personally want Kythe to be - no particular mechanics/plot/meta consideration. I'm curious what everyone else is going to choose!

"The current peace is tenuous, Kythe," Valt says. "Something permanent like an embassy is needed."

"Because?" Not satisfied with his answer, you push for more.

"Why do you think so?"

"I don't know, sir, that's why I'm asking you," you tell him exasperatedly.
This exchange reads strange. What does "so" stand for? He hasn't stated anything yet. Perhaps it was meant to read simply as "why do you think?"

"You want to eat food that's fallen to the ground?!"Valt exclaims in another tone you can't identify. You shrink away from the fallen dumpling as he shouts at you.

"What, did you grow up starving on a farm?!"He continues.

"Yes," you answer.

Valt pinches the bridge of his nose between his fingers. "Ancestors, preserve me…"
It seems my estimate of Kythe's talents was grossly off the mark.
How was he made a Consul, again? What are they teaching them in officer schools?

...please tell me we aren't equally incompetent in the areas we haven't chosen to improve in.

Ah, thank you. I laughed so hard at this exchange I rocked my chair. Kythe is innocent to a fault, like a child. I suppose he'll have it taught out of him soom enough.

[x] To grow on a personal level and face trauma — the ghosts of your past. You want to look a Goli in the eye and not be afraid. To no longer have nightmares of those who orphaned you in the first place.
[x] To further serve Ilium. You were sent to officer school and your career as a guardsman hasn't reached its logical end. This diplomatic mission is important to the Realm and you saw a chance for greater service.

[X] To grow on a personal level and face trauma — the ghosts of your past. You want to look a Goli in the eye and not be afraid. To no longer have nightmares of those who orphaned you in the first place.
[X] To acquire more knowledge and experience. You wish to study other peoples, lands, cultures, etc. You'll make a name for yourself as a preeminent explorer and scholar.

[X] To further serve Ilium. You were sent to officer school and your career as a guardsman hasn't reached its logical end. This diplomatic mission is important to the Realm and you saw a chance for greater service.

[X] To grow on a personal level and face trauma — the ghosts of your past. You want to look a Goli in the eye and not be afraid. To no longer have nightmares of those who orphaned you in the first place.

[x] To grow on a personal level and face trauma — the ghosts of your past. You want to look a Goli in the eye and not be afraid. To no longer have nightmares of those who orphaned you in the first place.
[x] To further serve Ilium. You were sent to officer school and your career as a guardsman hasn't reached its logical end. This diplomatic mission is important to the Realm and you saw a chance for greater service.

Nothing extraordinary. Ballsiness + straightforward purpose.

Back