I think this is the best for Earth-Bet.
[X] The Guild. This Canada-based superhero team specializes in fighting S- and A-class threats - the closest thing Earth-Bet has to the Global Champions. The majority of its members are also part of the Protectorate. Working with them, you'll have further opportunities to take down the biggest monsters on this world.

Just in case that you guys go for the Mexico option, "Luchador" themes for some mexican superheroes are not a bad idea.

[X] The Guild. This Canada-based superhero team specializes in fighting S- and A-class threats - the closest thing Earth-Bet has to the Global Champions. The majority of its members are also part of the Protectorate. Working with them, you'll have further opportunities to take down the biggest monsters on this world.

[x] The Guild. This Canada-based superhero team specializes in fighting S- and A-class threats - the closest thing Earth-Bet has to the Global Champions. The majority of its members are also part of the Protectorate. Working with them, you'll have further opportunities to take down the biggest monsters on this world.

Was I the only one who busted a gut at the Avatar giving Zion a hug? There is a not-insignificant number of things I would do in order to be a fly on the wall as they parse this latest information.

[x] The Guild. This Canada-based superhero team specializes in fighting S- and A-class threats - the closest thing Earth-Bet has to the Global Champions. The majority of its members are also part of the Protectorate. Working with them, you'll have further opportunities to take down the biggest monsters on this world.

[X] Go independent. You're grateful to the Protectorate for all its help, and you will gladly work with them in the future, but right now, you need to focus on being an international hero. You're going to try and go wherever you are most needed, try to get more countries working together, and you'll be more convincing if you're not affiliated with any one government's organizations.

[X] Go independent. You're grateful to the Protectorate for all its help, and you will gladly work with them in the future, but right now, you need to focus on being an international hero. You're going to try and go wherever you are most needed, try to get more countries working together, and you'll be more convincing if you're not affiliated with any one government's organizations.

Heh. That 'I organize the crime!' is both laughably false and can be applied to pretty much any criminal. Marquis could have made that same argument, talking about how he brings 'civility' to 'inevitable but not undirectionable' crime. And we saw what happened when his empire got uprooted. New things came in, but things as a whole got better.

I was tempted to pick Mexico just to screw with Cognito, but there is much work to be done.

I'm glad about how things went with Scion. I think it's the first time I've seen a quest/fanfic where the main character tries to help Scion deal with his grief like that. It's nice. Although I agree with whoever said earlier on that things are going too well. It's making me paranoid.

I'm glad about how things went with Scion. I think it's the first time I've seen a quest/fanfic where the main character tries to help Scion deal with his grief like that. It's nice. Although I agree with whoever said earlier on that things are going too well. It's making me paranoid.

Hope Comes to Brockton Bay comes to mind, but that's about it.

Just out of curiosity, does Cauldron at this point have any way of checking if Avatar and Scion is the same race or not?

I mean, even if Avatar's story is completely true, he could still be a space whale that decided to munch on the sun of an uninhibited solar system instead of eating civilizations. You have to eat a silly number of paralell earths for it to compare to the mass of even one star, after all. It's a bit like humans. We *can* choose to be utter bastards, but it's also possible for us to pass on that option. Really wondering what Cauldrons take on that would be. Situation as it was = guaranteed apocalypse, might be possible for parts of humanity to survive. Situation as it is with Avatar = maybe apocalypse, maybe not, but whatever you do, don't push Avatar to team up with Scion against humanity?

Last edited:

Back