Zerg Quest RIOT QUEST

[X] Collect Vespene Gas (1d10)

Gas. The drone had expected it, but more gas was needed, likely would always be needed at this rate. A new strain to help defend the hive from flyers, and research that required the gas to progress. Before the drone could achieve it's future, the hive's future came first. And so it went back to gathering gas.

Edit: wow. 2. Had to happen eventually, but that's a setback.
Okibruez threw 2 10-faced dice. Total: 2
1 1 1 1

WAR HUH WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?
Starting Minerals: 125
Minerals Mined: 216
Queen Bonus:0
Automated Drone Production: 140/ 10Gas
Total Positive this turn: 416

Falcon R&D: 100/100
Drone Production:50
Spore Crawler: 75
Roach Warren:150
Total Negative this turn: 375

Current Minerals before events: 51
Current Minerals after events:

Current Bank: 51 Minerals/51 Vespene Gas/24 Biomass/0 Heroic Bonuses/ R&D slots 0/1 (Next Heroic Bonus 150)

Jungle:
????????????

Tunnel:
The tunnels are still pumping vespene gas into the giant worms structure and you suddenly find out at least one reason why. One of the large tentacles of metal and flesh pours from the tunnel in front of you and breaths fire. Flamable vespene meeting two metal teeth clicking in the right way and suddenly fire roars down the cave. It is only barely that one of you survives @Jarow was found by flame and roasted.

Volcano:
????????????

The First Zerg Offensive:
The plan was to use the giants as a weapon. Your lings ran out with great speed but the birds were like an ocean in many ways. Trying to move around them was difficult even with your superior speed they could cut you off by pre-empting where you seemed to be headed. Leaving only the tradtional zerg diplomacy method: Violence. Instead of trying to avoid the birds your ran towards the smaller of the groups trying to cut you off and cut through them. It works well, trying to be everywhere left them spread thin and between tree hopping and just plain jumping more than a dozen birds die to fang and maw.

Your arrival to the giants nest/base is a dissapointment. A set of spore crawlers and spines each more than 5 times the normal size lie in wait and around them a few simply massive banelings. To rush in would be suicide en mass at the moment. So you make the best of it as several of the birds following you die getting to close to the spore crawlers you instead flank around and go after the edges of the bird swarm. YOu do this twice more before injuries mount and one of your finally falls @Vokivas dies to a thousand tiny cuts but dies in a fury of claws and blood that brings no small amount of birds with him.

With the first loss and your focus on survival you make your way back fighting off another ambush of birds when the second zergling dies. The loud and singing idol will grace the hive with their voice no more, well until they get a new body. @Sinsystems dies while lifted into the air by a half dozen birds, for a brief moment being both the highest and loudest zergling. When the body falls a pair of bird necks are firmly stuck in it's fangs and die with it.

Two zerglings but you estimate you traded that for a few dozen of birds total. For a plan that failed it traded remarkably well.

Now though is your final chance to prepare the attack is coming and you can see the birds in the sky trying to blot out the sun as they come for you.

Zerg Swarm (Check here for votes)
Actions anyone can take
[] Produce a "Mindless" Drone (Cost 50 Minerals Automatically gather 10 minerals per update)
[] Produce a "Mindless" Drone (Gas collector) (Cost 50 Minerals Automatically gather 10 gas per update)
[] Produce a "Mindless" Queen (Cost 150 Minerals, Each mindless queen is one slot for R&D to take place in)
[] Produce a pair of "Mindless" Zerglings (Cost 50 minerals, will protect the swarm, and with a player queen can be used to attack)
[] Produce a mindless "Falcon" (Cost 25 Minerals 10 Gas)
[] Produce a mindless Roach (Cost 75 Minerals 25 Gas)

[] Become a Queen (Cost 150 minerals see below)
[] Become a Zergling (Cost 25 Minerals see below)
[] Become a "Falcon"(Cost 25 Minerals 10 Gas)
[] Become a Roach (Cost 75 Minerals 25 Gas)
[] Become a Drone (Cost 50 minerals) Requires you are not a Drone.

[] Become a heroic Variant (Cost 1 Heroic Bonus and upgrades to the heroic version. Can be done in the same turn as becoming a unit)

[] Research Ground Carapace 1 (Cost 1 R&D Slot for 3 turns 150 minerals 150 gas)
[] Research Ground Melee Attack 1 (Cost 1 R&D Slot for 3 turns 100 minerals 100 gas)

[] Research Glial Reconstruction (100 Minerals 100 Gas Cost 1 R&D slot for 5 turns) (Makes Roaches Faster)
[] Research Tunneling Claws (100 Minerals 100 Gas Cost 1 R&D slot for 5 turns) (Allows Roaches to move while burrowed)

[] Upgrade the hatchery to a liar (Cost 150 Minerals and 100 Gas)
Drones
Drone
NPC Drones: 14(Gather 10 minerals or gas per turn)
Player Drones: Anyone not dead, or a different unit
[] Mine Minerals (1d10)
[] Collect Vespene Gas (1d10)
[]Collect Biomass (1d10)
[] Scout Volcano (1d10)
[] Scout Jungle (1d10)
[] Scout Tunnel Network (1d10)

All drone actions that turn you into a building will also kill you requiring you become a new unit when you wish to undertake non-general actions)
[] Become a Spine Crawler (Cost 100 Minerals will automatically protect the base from ground threats)
[] Become a Spore Crawler (Cost 75 Minerals will automatically protect the base from flying threats)
[] Become a baneling nest (Cost 100 minerals and 50 gas, unlocks banelings)
Zerglings
Zergling

NPC Zerglings: 4 (Provide 1d10 to defense or attack rolls)
Player Zerglings:7
Sinsystems Derpmind Jarow Chopak@JustSomeGuy Vokivas DangerKitty

[] Scout Volcano (2d10)
[] Scout Jungle (2d10)
[] Scout Tunnel Network (2d10)

[]Collect Biomass (2d10)

[] Join a Queen led attack (1d10)
Roaches
Roaches

[] Scout Volcano (1d10)
[] Scout Jungle (1d10)
[] Scout Tunnel Network (1d10)

[]Collect Biomass (1d10)

[] Join a Queen led attack (2d10)
Falcon

[] Scout Volcano (2d10)
[] Scout Jungle (2d10)
[] Scout Tunnel Network (2d10)

[] Join a Queen led attack (1d10)

Has the traits [ranged] and [flying] can not be killed by melee units that have neither trait.
Queens
Queen

Heroic Player Queens:BeeBadidoo
Player Queens:mad:kingreaper Razzocnor
NPC Queens:1 (Each gives 1 R&D Slot)

[] Improve mineral collection (Provide a +1 bonus to each die rolled for mineral collection in one area)
[] Improve vespene gas production (Provide a +1 bonus to each die rolled for vespene gas collection in one area)
[] Improve Biomass production (Provide a +1 bonus to each die rolled for biomass collection in one area)

[] Attack a location: Write in (WARNING This can result in death of you and those who join you, ensure the swarm is ready first) (2d10)

[] Start a research project (may have other requirements before work can begin on it. Such as biometal requiring the worms DNA in large amounts.)
[] Experiment on a heroic Unit: Write in (May improve a heroic unit, requires that players consent, may have a resource cost, may kill the unit, if successful provides a discount to making that upgrade for all of that unit)
Structures
1 Hatchery
1 Spawning Pool
1 Spine Crawler
2 Spore Crawler
1 Evolution Chamber
1 Roach Warren
Heroic Units
Heroic: Any unit with this trait gains an additional dice on all rolls, all dice they roll "explode" on a 9 or 10 and lastly they can write a longer omake for 2 bonus dice instead of one.

NOTE: Heroic Units can still preform the actions of their base unit

@TempestK: Heroic Drone
BeeBadidoo: Heroic Queen
@kingreaper

Heroic Drone Actions: (These numbers do include the heroic bonus already but not heroic omake)

[] Mine Minerals (2d10)
[] Collect Vespene Gas (2d10)
[]Collect Biomass (2d10)

[]Become a Heroic Spine Crawler (200 Minerals 100 Gas: Kills the drone gives the base a 6d10 defensive Spine Crawler)
[]Become a Heroic Spore Crawler (175 Minerals 100 Gas: Kills the drone gives the base a 6d10 defensive Spore Crawler)

[]Become a Heroic Tech building: Write in (Cost the normal cost of the building and provides a sizeable discount to both cost and speed to all upgrades for that unit EG: Spawning pool= Cheaper and faster Zergling upgrades)
[]Become a Heroic Evolution Chamber (Cost the normal 75 minerals but unlocks basic swarm upgrades (Improved attack/armor) all the way to level 5 instead of 3)

Heroic Queen Actions:
[]Greatly Improve mineral collection (Provide a +3 bonus to each die rolled for mineral collection in one area)
[]Greatly Improve vespene gas production (Provide a +3 bonus to each die rolled for vespene gas collection in one area)
[]Greatly Improve Biomass production (Provide a +3 bonus to each die rolled for biomass collection in one area)

Improved R&D must be done on a turn when the R&D is being worked on, for 1 turn ones this will mean only one chance.
[] Improved R&D (Increase Efficiency: This will lower the cost of the research or of the new unit either refunding some resources or giving a permanent small discount)
[] Improved R&D (Increase Power: This will increase the effectiveness of an upgrade or a new unit essentially acting as an upgrade to it for free)

Locations
These are currently known locations.
Main Base
Your main Zerg hive exist on a large stone field a thin layer of creep growing over the stone outwards from your hatchery.
Contains
-Large mineral patches (Approximately 3.5k Remains)
-1 Automated Queen
-4 NPC Zerglings
-14 Automated Drones (minerals)
-1 Automated Drone (gas)
-1 Spawning Pool
-1 Spine Crawler
-2 Spore Crawler
-1 Evolution Chamber
Tunnel Network
North of your main base further into the mountains you have found a deep tunnel network.
Contains
-Aggressive biometal shelled worm creatures.
Volcano
A large volcano to the east of your main base.
Contains
-Underground golden Minerals
-Lava Swimming toads that splash lava on things to hunt

Last edited:
[x] Produce a pair of "Mindless" Zerglings (Cost 50 minerals, will protect the swarm, and with a player queen can be used to attack)

damnit i lived lol

My current plan is: []Greatly Improve mineral collection (Provide a +3 bonus to each die rolled for mineral collection in one area)

But I don't want to lock that in prior to discussion. Am going to bed soon - will put it in in the morning unless someone gives reason not to.

@Zedalb What's the cost for becoming a Roach? And can we produce "mindless" Roaches?

As a Zergling, I don't think risking my life by scouting is a good idea. So I'll probably use my action to build more fighty units.

Last edited:
[X]Greatly Improve vespene gas production (Provide a +3 bonus to each die rolled for vespene gas collection in one area)
@Razzocnor Boost biomass.

Last edited:
[X] Become a "Falcon"(Cost 25 Minerals 10 Gas)

I'm not sure about the effectiveness of a falcon against the swarm, but I figure it's best to trust in those that have the plans.

[X] Mine Minerals (1d10)

The young drone looked at the sky above. They will attack soon. That's the consensus of the hive.

With that in mind, he has only one thing to do. Mine, mine, and mine!

OVERDRIVEEEEEEE!!!
Kanata.EXE threw 2 10-faced dice. Total: 13
6 6 7 7

I'd like to become a Roach cause they're more effective fighters and Z said that they'd be able to fight the Birds cause they're melee flyers, but they don't have a cost to become so I shall wait until they do.

[X] Mine Minerals (1d10)

Two more fellow sect swarm members have lost their mortal body, unfortunate but the sect swarm will provide them with the required resources to create new bodies to serve the sect swarm. The drone must continue to cultivate mine for the coming days as the sect swarm always has need of it.
wowow2264 threw 2 10-faced dice. Reason: Mining Total: 8
6 6 2 2

[X] Mine Minerals (1d10)

The most Faithful is saddened by the loss of 2 zerglings. For more of the precious minerals will be wasted on spawning more zerglings to replace losses. The minerals could be better used to create for drones to mine more minerals in worship to the great Mineral God. The Most Faithful prays for the Mineral God's blessing so they may replace losses quicker so the swarm may return to true worshipping actions.

Edit: The Mineral God is displeased with us
LordEdric threw 2 10-faced dice. Total: 5
1 1 4 4

Back