Warhammer 30k Primarch Roleplay

Ah the choice paralysis. Do I go with something that suits Fulgrim in character (hard working)? Do I go for something cool/useful? Do I poke the mystery box? Ah the dilemma.

What's the difference between free traits and unique traits?

I'm tentatively interested in playing Alpharius if thats free.
He is, though you'll need to work closely with always_confused, who's planning to play Omegon.

Ah the choice paralysis. Do I go with something that suits Fulgrim in character (hard working)? Do I go for something cool/useful? Do I poke the mystery box? Ah the dilemma.

What's the difference between free traits and I ique traits?
The free traits are available to pick as your third, the unique traits are all ones that certain primarchs have pre-locked. Leon's working on giving the primarchs that don't have unique traits ones so that there's no blatant power differentials between primarchs.
Hard Worker is indeed good, and I was planning to take it too, but know that if you spend a few turns training skills, doing uplifts, and in general working toward a specific goal rather than doing any leisure-type actions, you have a pretty good chance of picking it up as a Planetary trait.

(Basically, the things that you do to significant degrees on your homeworld will give you a trait or two that's relevant to them. While Void-Touched is not available through any method but start-of-game selection.)

Last edited:

What's the difference between free traits and unique traits?
Unique traits are unique. You can't pick any you don't already start with and you can't gain them through play. And poke the mystery box. It's so cool and useful. Still can't share details but everyone who picked it was satisfied.

Note that it's different for each Primarch. Fulgrim's mystery box will be different from Lion's, which will in turn be different from Magnus'

There's a specific version of the Void-Touched trait for each primarch, designed so as to take their core concept and give it some variety of twist. Not a large twist, but a twist nonetheless.
They're cool.

The Void Touched gatcha does tempt, as does speccing to become the most unstoppable face-beater around, but putting Latent Alpha Plus Psyker on Leman Russ is hard to beat for sheer ironic comedy potential.

Last edited:
now time to be the lion and time to do something that would just make him better get a laser shooting demon dog (internet cookie if you get the reference)/jk

The Void Touched gatcha does tempt, as does speccing to become the most unstoppable face-beater around, but putting Latent Alpha Plus Psyker on Leman Russ is hard to beat for sheer ironic comedy potential.
Keep in mind that all Primarchs are powerful psykers, even if most aren't Alpha-Plus. And as Chroniqler mentioned, Fenris has significant potential for developing psyker traits due to the world spirit, and channeling world spirits lets you cheat psyker potential a bit anyway.

Also Void Touched isn't strictly a gacha. Its contents are pre-determined, merely secret.

alpha plus sounds interesting to pair with Ferrus since he comes with adamant will and to add to the number of people who can sit on the golden seat

That is a good point. If I want to take Leman down the Rune Priest path I don't actually need to give him the Alpha Plus trait, and he'll still be good at it. Not sure what else I'd go for, but Primarchs are all at least fairly strong psykers so it's probably off my list after all.

If you don't know what else to take, there kind of stops being a reason not to take Void-Touched. Whatever you get will be something made to work for your Primarch, anyway.

Alright. I am intrigued and am choosing Void touched as my free trait.

Let's see what is in the box.

Void Touched is something you're only allowed to learn the mechanics of *after* you've taken it.

Though I personally think The Void is great, and encourage peeps to accept it's touch.

Last edited:
Back