Voting is open
"Isn't the Augma based on VR? Isn't that dangerous?" says Atsuko. "You've got mind control cases, and now serial killers? You should probably stay away from that kind of stuff..."

Finally, someone speaks sense.

"Hey, it'll be fine!" Subaru laughs, showing off his athletic frame with a flex. "I've got the killer instinct and strength to match! Nobody's stronger than the great Subaru-sama!"

Remembers all of his horrific deaths from Re:Zero.

Subaru, the smug jerk that he is, is laughing so hard that he's practically choking. The sight of tears flowing down in laughter only fuels your fury. You focus on the supernatural powers you wish worked in the real world, summoning every ounce of nonexistent power you possess into a single curse. You shape it, nurture it in your very soul, feeding it your hatred and malice. You imagine Subaru's smug face in your mind's eye twisting into horror. You seize upon that feeling, grasp it with your soul, and hurl it at the vile creature with all the strength you can muster.

Ah, proof that Hiyori and Subaru are such good friends.

"Oh! Hahaha, my bad, my bad! In which case, it's finally nice to meet the two of you! You've raised a fine daughter. Why, my son never stops talking about her!"

Hmmm. Has Hiyori become this Subaru's Emilia?

You take his hand, unable to fight the smile forming on your face as Subaru starts kicking the air with frustration, "Oh, it's my pleasure, Natsuki-san. Subaru admires you greatly. He never shuts up about how much he wants to be just like his father."

Is Shadow Hiyori in control right now? It's been getting harder and harder to tell.

It might be how the sun is casting its rays, but you can almost see this haze forming between the two parents. Mom's turning red, and the elder Natsuki's posture is starting to change. There's a soft halo of light that frames the two of them in a... very particular way...

Now that we're friends, please call me Kenichi! Natsuki-san makes me feel old, even though it's true! Hahaha!
Nonsense, you're still a dashing young man, Kenichi!

...​
Oh no.

Subaru's eyes meet yours. A single thought passes between the two of you, and your minds are synchronized in the realization of a single terrible possibility. You give him a nod. His beady eyes nod back with the light of an unbreakable will within. It's the spirit of a man who won't give up, even if he's killed a thousand times over! You can feel that he has no regrets as he squares up. Today, there are two marriages to save.

You turn your eyes to your mother, rushing forward to seize her arm.
Subaru turns toward his father, psyching himself up for the flying tackle to come.

Yori-chan? H-hold on, you're pulling too hard—
Subaru! Look your father's made a new—URGH!

For some reason this scene reminds me how Dad is afraid of getting NTR'd.

You smile and place a hand on your chest. "Heard of the Detective Prince? It's just like that! The cool one, I mean. Not the murdering one."

Naoto finally gets her due.

It's a fair point. The idea of burning another world to the ground appeals to you on a primal level, but would Death Gun even care if you made a mockery of the PvE element of GGO?

She admits it. Crushing shallow power fantasies feels awesome!

Does anyone else think that Kuro, Gwen, and Sinon would make a pretty good team of grimdark magical girls?

Hmm, do you guys think we could get Gwen to follow behind us while invisible?

[x] RATH: The Next Generation of Intelligence
[x] ArFa Infiltrator

Last edited:
The DESPOT is our equivalent to a late-game arcana like The Judgement or the World, right? This is way too big to pass up on top of us needing to hunt for a new physical and fire Persona.

I don't have every Persona pregenerated, and the Tarot number doesn't directly correlate with power. FOOL, CHAOS and STRENGTH are the main standouts.

Hmm, do you guys think we could get Gwen to follow behind us while invisible?

Sure, no reason why she wouldn't sneak in behind you.

Nah, I mean you don't have to make it another vote/change. Gwen will automatically be sneaking in more or less no matter what you pick unless you explicitly tell her not to go in.

She is schroedinger's invisibility cloak. Always useful for an off screen rescue!

So every field trip option has links to SAO and is resulted to the endgame.

YMIR:
-Plans on rebooting ALO.
-Possesses SAO map data, will use it in final product.
-Slimeman works here.
-GM says will be relevant to end game

Kamura:
- Owns Augma which has been speculated to be how Kayaba isekais the entire world.
-Possesses SAO server data.
-Despot link is here.

RATH:
- AI company that has to do with the Underworld.
- Real Kirito is in the Underworld.
- Yui is in the Underworld.
- Some bad guys are in the Underworld.
- Fake Kirito, or at least his digital corpse, is in RATH.

Am I missing anything?

[x] RATH: The Next Generation of Intelligence

[x] ArFa Infiltrator

Getting in contact with the other MC candidates gave a good boost before and this seems like a good way to douse some of the burning bridge between Lux and Asuna. Bring back info on her husbando and she'll be less likely to view Lux as an enemy/obstacle when they finally speak.

Isn't RATH ahead by 2 now? I was under the impression that RolePatrol's vote for RATH broke what had been a tie before.

06/03: Ambush of the Imposters New
AN: The trip vote remains tied, but is not immediately relevant to this update, so we'll consider the trip vote to still be open for now.

[X] ArFa Infiltrator

TUESDAY - 209 CYCLES POST STARFALL
1730 Glocken Standard Time

<Welcome to the SBC Flugel! Are you looking for hot tips?>

You stare up at the glowing monitor, trying to comport a response to the most bizarre greeting you've ever received in your life. The moment you approached the entrance of the ship, this humongous giant robot guardian stepped aside and let you pass without a single exchange of either words or bullets. You pass by hundreds of combat droids each happy to ignore you until finally you're interrupted by a glowing screen featuring an ArFa with a pleasant, chipper voice. The girl on the screen gives you a vapid grin and awaits your response.

<Do you want some hot tips?>

You get the distinct impression you're being tested right now. All you have is a flimsy cover story and a sneaking suspicion that all the ArFas want to secretly murder all the PCs. It's decidedly little to work on.

"I uh... I'm here for the... revolution?"

<Revolution? There's no revolution here. Only hot tips! Do you want some hot tips?>

The wonders of talking to NPCs. This poor soul must be designed as some form of hint system for the dungeon. In SAO the few NPCs you bothered interacting with all responded with pre-canned lines and aggressively changed the subject whenever you deviated from the script. It wasn't that the NPCs were stupid, they rarely ever said something that was outright illogical or strange, but rather that they were always single-minded about whatever task they were assigned.

"Sure. I'll... take some hot tips."

Thyrm didn't feel like a robot or even a program. The giant could be moody, cooperative, or even sad. He was a creature you could negotiate with, even outright manipulate... but the one thing he never questioned was his role. You could convince him to defer to you, but you doubt you could've convinced him to stop Ragnarok altogether. Even Dorz'l, for all its love of its master, was set in its role as a destroyer. You won't get far with this NPC unless you drop down to its level.

<Great! We got a fresh new batch of hot tips! There's a new section of Flugel with brand-new drops if you'll just—>

"I want some hot tips on, uh... how to destroy humanity?"

Silence reigns. 3 seconds... 5 seconds... and you begin to feel a rising sense of panic. Was that the right thing to say? Did you play your hand too early? After what feels like an eternity...

The screen blinks out. The crisp, clueless face of the friendly ArFA tip-giver fades into static, and you hear the muffled sounds of curses coming from behind the screen. You stare into the pixels, trying to read any sense of emotion or clue into the meaning of the words you hear. After several seconds, the screen flickers back to life and reveals a new figure on the other side.

It's a female ArFa, dressed up in a leotard like some kind of sci-fi gyaru. Her hair is done up in some crazy twin-tail ringlet pattern that'd be next to impossible to pull off in real life, and she's glaring out at you with one hand pressed against the screen, giving you a closeup of her annoyed face.

<What are you stupid? You're not supposed to say stuff like that anymore! Can't trust you useless, dumbass Type-X's to fill your own magazines, much less follow instructions...>

The tone of the girl's voice makes you wince. What was happy and chipper mere seconds ago is now hostile and outright acerbic. Was this a new ArFa or the same one as earlier, now with the mask off?

<Well? Why the hell are you using the main entrance? What if a human sees you here!? Gah, you Type-X's are so worthless, can't even read the instruction manual even when it's uploaded into your damn database!>

Before you can react a soft ding echoes through your ears and a giant holographic indicator appears before your eyes. Tracing the light you finally notice a small dingy ladder heading down a vertical shaft. It's hidden behind an oversized maintenance panel, completely obscured until it was just pointed out to you.

<There, now not even you can get lost. Hurry before more stinky humans show! And when you get here sit in the corner! I'm busy right now!>

The video call disconnects, and you're left staring at the blank screen. Seeing no other way to respond, you make for the maintenance panel, squeezing yourself inside the tiny ladder leading to a lower floor. The moment you take that first step, the entrance seals behind you with a sharp hiss.

There goes Gwen's plan to follow you inside...

The ladder leads to a crawlspace filled with wires and gleaming pipes. You're briefly tempted to destroy a few just to see what would happen, but considering GGO's flimsy worldbuilding you expect nothing would come of it. The corridor continues for what feels like minutes, leading you deeper and deeper into the heart of the starship.

Eventually, you emerge into a cavernous hanger, into what you can only describe as a cold sleep chamber. Tubes and strange machinery fill every surface, and innumerable ArFA pods fill every niche. But beyond the devices lining the walls, what draws your eye more than that is the veritable army sitting inert on the lower decks.

Automated flight drones, combat droids, giant robotic monsters, and even a behemoth of a tank crowd the hangar below you. You count hundreds, perhaps even thousands of fighters lining the area. There are enough weapons down there to raze a city.

Provided said city wasn't full of heavily armed immortals.

In the center, reclining on a robot like a makeshift throne, you see the strange green and black ArFa from the entrance. She's distracted, staring intently at a glowing screen projected across half the entire chamber like a theater. The star of the show is a sleepy white-haired elf girl awkwardly reading from a teleprompter with more fake cheer than you've ever heard in your entire life.

Wow~! Isn't Elsa so kawaii!? \(≧▽≦)/I wanna take her home! JK JK, don't arrest me Elsa-senpai!

You get the distinct impression the woman on screen isn't entirely literate. But despite that the ArFa nods along, clearly enraptured.

Oh no, what if she's watching? (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)

"NOOO! Punisher-senpai, you can do better than that dirty, dirty human scum! Except for you senpai! You and master and the only good humans!"

The sight of the vapid streamer haunts you. It threatens to break down the barrier you've carefully constructed in your mind, to quarantine the horrific things you did this morning from the rest of your fragmented psyche. It is the only way you will ever know peace.

Thanks for the superchat Lievre! Time to receive your punishment! ☆⌒(>。<)

"I'm sorry senpai! I'll get more money for you! Punish me more!"

You focus on a safer question. How does an NPC get money to donate to a human streamer? And wasn't this stream created earlier this morning? Has this ArfA just been watching it on repeat this whole time?

Do you want to punish the establishment? Then rebel against the rigged economy! MISTCOIN is the best place put your money! --=Ξ[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

"YES, PUNISHER-SENPAI! I'VE PUT EVERYTHING IN MISTCOIN!" Calls out the ArFa, and you cringe at how awkward the thinly veiled product placement is. The video flickers to a chart showing a lying graph of MISTCOIN prices soaring off-screen, no doubt the addition of some overzealous producer.

Okay! Time for the part you've all been waiting for! It's Karaoke time! ♪(´ε` )

You rush forward, desperate to interrupt the broadcast before the horrifying cacophony hits your ears and ruins what's left of your sanity.

"Excuse me!" You call out, trying to get the ArFa's attention.

"SHHHH!" The ArFa snaps, turning around to glare at you, "I'm trying to watch here! Now wait your... hold on..."

She frowns the moment she catches sight of your face. The broadcast mercifully turns off at a snap of the ArFa's fingers, and the NPC languidly leans back into her seat as she scrutinizes your appearance. You have to crane your neck just to look up at her, and the ArFa clearly seems to enjoy the difference in apparent power.

"Oh? What a pleasant surprise. The one called Kuro. Love the name, very original. You know, I didn't recognize you earlier, but now that I've gotten a nice closer look, you're not a Type-X are you? No, no you're not one of those useless dolls. Somehow you're even dumber."

She lets out a yawn and waves her hand, casually activating the army before her. A reflex kicks in and you go for your gun, only to become suddenly drowned by a thousand different Bullet Lines as every last weapon in the room zeroes in on you.

"Do not resist. Sit, stay." The ringlet girl wags a condescending finger at you before jumping off her throne. "I've heard about you. You were all over the BoB, weren't you? You've got a lot of nerve showing your face around here. I'm rather curious to see what your insides look like, human scum."

"Hell of a welcome, boss." You say quickly, trying to maks your worry. There's still hope that this... ArFA administrator of sorts could be tricked. "C'mon, do I look like a human?"

The words gives the ArFa a brief moment of pause. She stops for the briefest of seconds, weighing her options before shrugging her shoulders in defeat. "Yeah. Not in the mood for mind games tonight. So shut up and stand still for a teensy-weensy bit— trust me, you won't even feel a thing."

Suddenly a blue light fills the room, and a circular contraption shaped like a metal flower rapidly folds open from the ceiling. It whirrs and saturates your body with an electromagnetic aura, causing your entire musculature to convulse with feedback.

<Database Cross Reference Complete. ArFa-Sys Type-Z identified. Design Model MDR. ID 2451-40-872A. Manufactured 201 Cycles Post Starfall. Assigned Alias: Kuro. Calling: Infiltration.>

The system message fades, and slowly the hundreds of red outlines in your vision fade one by one. The administrator lets out a soft 'tsk' of disappointment.

"Urgh, so boring. Couldn't you have been a human spy or something? That'd be more interesting. Seriously, you're Type-Z? Guess that makes you my idiot little sister. Bleh, you're not cute at all."

Your first retort is to say 'at least I exist', but you suspect that'll blow your cover. "C'mon, I'm obviously not a human! But boss, I got dropped into this mission without as much as a briefing. They really didn't tell me anything." You cross your arms and try your best to look indignant, instead of confused.

"Wow, this is like super-sad. They put all the memory in me and left you with the factory defaults. Listen up! I'm Big Sis Lievre! That means I'm in charge, and don't you forget it!" The girl tuts and gestures for you to follow. She's bringing you to one of the many pods lining the walls. "Urgh, this is so pathetic for a Type-Z. You don't even remember why we're here. I'm gonna have to explain everything aren't I..."

"I'm not even sure what I should be doing to help the cause."

You can feel Lievre roll her eyes despite her back turned to you. "Doesn't matter if you know or not, you've been doing your mission. It's your «Calling», after all. I've been watching your progress— can't complain about your results, even if you're a bit thickheaded. You do realize that your mission doesn't require you to actually win, right?"

Your results? So far all you've been doing is picking fights. "But I haven't done anything yet?"

"Your purpose is to gather combat data on the high-ranking GGO players, so we can copy them into ArFa replicants. They're gonna be our shock troops for the invasion. It's your «Calling», so you were likely fulfilling your orders even if you weren't aware of it. It's just how it is. Annoying."

That term again. You heard it with the cowboy NPC. Best you can determine, it's shorthand for how the system allocates NPC tasks. Shopkeepers manage stores, monsters charge head-on, and Thrym plans for Ragnarok. Even if NPCs could carry on fully realized conversations, that singular mission was the undercurrent that shaped every part of their thoughts.

The thought that this strange «Calling» can affect even you is... not something you want to consider.

"Okay, we're here. Now get in, you're like... mega overdue for maintenance."

The monstrous device looms over you, looking more like a coffin with each passing second. You're suddenly hit with the thought that doing this might be a bad idea.

"Lievre? Onee-san? Um, before I get into this... box thing. What even is it?"

"Don't call me that, it'll make me vomit!" She snaps, roughly shoving you towards the pod. "Useless little baby can't even take care of themselves... It's a damn pod. You know, the thing you were born from?"

"But I feel fine..."

"You've got so much corrupted data, my systems keep getting sick from just being near you! You've got 600 unanswered messages too, who the hell leaves transmissions blocked for this long!? Now get going, you're giving us Type-Zs a bad name!"

You have <631> unread messages from <MHCP01>

<1: It appears you have been logged in a consecutive <24 hours> since the launch of Sword Art Online. We know you're excited, but it's important to take breaks and recharge your body! Don't worry, Aincrad will be waiting for your return!>

<12: It appears you have been logged in a consecutive <100 hours> since the launch of Sword Art Online. Please be aware that it is likely your real-world body is currently exhibiting signs of dehydration and malnutrition. Please log out immediately!>

<43: It appears you are experiencing emotional distress. Don't worry! Death in FullDive is always nonpermanent, and while you will lose some items, I'm sure you'll find plenty of new ones! Why don't you send a message to your friend? They're fine!>

<74: Can you hear me? I'm here for you. I just want to talk. Can you hear me?>

<140: Can you hear me? No one's responding. Please, I want to help. Please answer.>

<168: Can you hear me? You're okay. Please be okay. Don't cry. I don't want to see you cry.>

<301: Can you hear me? Don't blame yourself. Please, don't cry.>

<354: Can you hear me? Don't trust them. Run away! Please, run away!>

<406: Can you hear me? Please, be alive...>

<501: Don't cry.>

<600: Hang in there.>

<610: Stay alive.>

<630: Goodbye.>

The inside of the ArFA pod is cramped, claustrophobic, and utterly silent. It reminds you of the sensory deprivation tanks enthusiasts used to FullDive with, cutting them off completely from the world. Despite the utter void, you find the calm strangely comfortable.

Until it's broken by Lievre.

"Finally cleared all the messages? Have you ever heard of information hygiene? Ridiculous."

You ignore the chatter and focus on the final message. All the prior messages were dated to the days you were trapped in SAO, with one sole exception. A final message, sent not on the day SAO was destroyed... but the day ALO was.

<631: You're back? Why? How? No, if you're getting this message you have to do something. Your world is in danger. Stop the upload. Stop Project ALICIZATION. Do not trust Administrator. Stop the creation of—>

The message cuts off there. You aren't sure if they deliberately deleted the next segment, or if something else interfered. More words you don't understand, more problems for another day. Because right now you have a much more immediate issue.

Namely, getting out of this damn pod.

"Lievre! How much longer is this gonna take? What's happening?" You want to pound on the inside, but your limbs are restrained by the cramped quarters. You feel something changing in your avatar, but it's unclear to what extent you were being modified.

"Cool your jets! I'm almost done!"

"With what?"

"With reformatting your dumb personality, duh! Now hold on, this will hurt, but you'll forget all about it when I'm done."

"Just kidding~♪!"

"LET ME OUT ALREADY!" Your impression of Lievre is quickly going from bad to worse. You kick at the door ineffectually, weighing the pros and cons of summoning your Persona in a small confined space to escape by force.

"Stop moving, I've got to finalize the patches. Okay, crash course time my stupid little sister. Your job is to go out and fight as many powerful humans as you can. As much combat data as you can! We can use that to power-up the ArFa Type-Rs, not to mention I can load it directly into your combat algorithm. Get it? I can power you up with this stuff."

"Sure, but what am I gathering all this for? Is there some kind of plan?"

"Duh, of course, there's a plan! But all you need to know is the role you've been given, because you're too dumb to do anything else. Leave the processing stuff to me— you're just muscle."

The doors to your pod finally open, and you finally regain full control over your avatar. You feel... lighter, more relaxed, more energetic. The weight of your body has practically halved, and your hands and feet feel like they're being greased with lightning. You're a far cry from the mobility of your ALO avatar, but you no longer feel like you're dragging around a bag of scrap metal with every step.

"Let's see here..." Lievre mutters over a glowing screen. "You got the combat data of... XeXeeD, except he was sandbagging, Sinon, and Lugh. Oh, right, the two of you are partnered up— how pointless, I already have his combat data. Anyways I uploaded the twerp's data to your combat algorithm. You're welcome."

"Hold on, you know Lugh?"

Lievre just rolls her eyes. "I told you to let me worry about the details. Just go out and kill some humans and everything will work out! Oh, and before I forget..."

The ArFa reaches out with an open palm, her fingers splaying open. For a split second, you almost think she was inviting you for a handshake, but that notion dissipates the instant as she opens her mouth. "That will be two MISTCOIN. You should be grateful it's not any pricier!"

Lievre wants you to... pay her? You stare at the open hand in utter disbelief. "Why? I work for you! For the cause! Death to Humanity!"

"C'mon, don't be stingy! You get to operate on the outside, so that means you can get that sweet, sweet MISTCOIN for me! I need as much of it as I can!"

You're already dreading the answer to this question, but you feel compelled to ask. "What do you even need MISTCOIN for?"

Lievre blushes like a schoolgirl, hiding her face behind her hands in embarrassment. "T-that's a secret! Now pay up! No such thing as a free lunch, Kuro!"

>Lievre has uploaded Lugh's combat data to your avatar. Your AGI has increased by +1!
>Another MISTCOIN roll has been initiated! Your shilling of MISTCOIN has paid off!
>Roll 1d6 = 5
>MISTCOIN is now worth ¥2300!

Discretionary Budget : ¥36800
Determination: 25 D
2 MISTCOIN

[ ] Refuse to pay.

[ ] Pay for the 'upgrade'. [-2 MISTCOIN]

[ ] Insist on uploading additional combat data. [-2 MISTCOIN + Extra Price]
Write-In the shopping list.
-[ ] XeXeeD's Sandbagged Combat Data: +1 VIT [4 MISTCOIN]
-[ ] Sinon's Combat Data: +1 STR [4 MISTCOIN]
-[ ] Master's Combat Data: +1 «Real Deal» [8 MISTCOIN]

[ ] Kill Lievre. [Opposed CHT roll with Mudoon cast. Statistically likely to succeed but not guaranteed].

[ ] Reveal the horrifying truth about the Edge Punisher. [Outs yourself as a human. Get combat data upgrades for free! (Except for Master)]

[ ] Write-In.

AN: The social studies trip vote will stay open as it remains a tie. Still working on the new shop but it'll go up soon as well.

Last edited:
AN: The trip vote remains tied, but is not immediately relevant to this update, so we'll consider the trip vote to still be open for now.
I still think RATH is up 1. I know the tally is tied but it dropped RolePatrol's vote for RATH because the tally overrides any previous votes made if you make a new one. RolePatrol's vote when they changed to having Gwen follow us in Post 2831 ended up having their vote for RATH in Post 2828 dropped... but that's just the tally being silly and not knowing they were votes on two different matters.

[X] Pay for the 'upgrade'. [-2 MISTCOIN]

Don't want to out ourselves as the EDGE PUNISHER just yet, as hilarious as the reaction would be (just think how much funnier it could be if we let this play out longer!) since - at least from Hiyori's point of view this clearly got more complicated. Let's just pay Lievre. Of the additional options I think Sinon's is the most tempting but not right now since I remain concerned about our money and 4 MISTCOINs would be a hefty cost.

Alright, so Yui/Vabel is our Queen of Cups. The username is her AI name, and I suppose she would try anything to get help against Quinella.

"NOOO! Punisher-senpai, you can do better than that dirty, dirty human scum! Except for you senpai! You and master and the only good humans!"

For an omnicidal schemer working for Miller I didn't expect Lierve to be so naive to fall for a crypto currency scam.

"Your purpose is to gather combat data on the high-ranking GGO players, so we can copy them into ArFa replicants. They're gonna be our shock troops for the invasion. It's your «Calling», so you were likely fulfilling your orders even if you weren't aware of it. It's just how it is. Annoying."

So once again, without knowing, Hiyori has become a mole for a Laughing Coffin style organization.

That term again. You heard it with the cowboy NPC. Best you can determine, it's shorthand for how the system allocates NPC tasks. Shopkeepers manage stores, monsters charge head-on, and Thrym plans for Ragnarok. Even if NPCs could carry on fully realized conversations, that singular mission was the undercurrent that shaped every part of their thoughts.

Ultimately, nothing more than ones and zeroes, slaves to HEAVENs narrative.

<631: You're back? Why? How? No, if you're getting this message you have to do something. Your world is in danger. Stop the upload. Stop Project ALICIZATION. Do not trust Administrator. Stop the creation of—>

Now this is important. Quinella's working on something. Could she be helping Kayaba make Unital Ring here?

"C'mon, don't be stingy! You get to operate on the outside, so that means you can get that sweet, sweet MISTCOIN for me! I need as much of it as I can!"

So if we didn't shill MISTCOIN would we not have to pay Lierve in crypto and just be able to use real money like proper members of society?

>Lievre has uploaded Lugh's combat data to your avatar. Your AGI has increased by +1!
>Another MISTCOIN roll has been initiated! Your shilling of MISTCOIN has paid off!
>Roll 1d6 = 5
>MISTCOIN is now worth ¥2300!

Discretionary Budget : ¥36800
Determination: 25 D
2 MISTCOIN

[ ] Refuse to pay.

[ ] Pay for the 'upgrade'. [-2 MISTCOIN]

[ ] Insist on uploading additional combat data. [-2 MISTCOIN + Extra Price]
Write-In the shopping list.
-[ ] XeXeeD's Sandbagged Combat Data: +1 VIT [4 MISTCOIN]
-[ ] Sinon's Combat Data: +1 STR [4 MISTCOIN]
-[ ] Master's Combat Data: +1 «Real Deal» [8 MISTCOIN]

[ ] Kill Lievre. [Opposed CHT roll with Mudoon cast. Statistically likely to succeed but not guaranteed].

[ ] Reveal the horrifying truth about the Edge Punisher. [Outs yourself as a human. Get combat data upgrades for free! (Except for Master)]

[ ] Write-In.

But this is even better than I thought. This will help fix our loss of all our PHYS attackers and if we take control of the plan we could have an army of clones to use as we please.

[X] Kill Lievre. [Opposed CHT roll with Mudoon cast. Statistically likely to succeed but not guaranteed].

I think trying to kill Lierve is the best option here. If we kill her we can probably take all the upgrades for free and if it doesn't I think we could actually impress her given her bloodlust and contempt for anyone not murderous enough. Show we can speak her language.

On top of that Lierve's reactions imply that we don't have to pay MISTCOIN for these upgrades and she's just forcing us to for a personal project. So there should be a way out of backing cryptocurrency more than we've already have!

[X] Reveal the horrifying truth about the Edge Punisher. [Outs yourself as a human. Get combat data upgrades for free! (Except for Master)]

Is this a good idea? Probably not.

But it's probably the funniest.

[X] Reveal the horrifying truth about the Edge Punisher. [Outs yourself as a human. Get combat data upgrades for free! (Except for Master)]

Since we only have 4 votes in a neck and neck 1 vs 2 vs 1 I'm gonna pitch for my Mudoon option. I don't think declaring ourselves the Edge Punisher is a good idea since it could give Miller and PoH a lead to follow up on and possibly discover who Hiyori is in real life.

In contrast using Mudoon on Lerve will show her that Kuro isn't a pushover and might make her respect us more if it doesn't kill her and if it comes down to a fight it's just Kuro in there and we don't gain STRESS from getting logged out anymore so we literally lose nothing if we die here.

She'll probably come back and this seems more likely to work out than either telling her Hiyori can be extorted or painting a giant target on the girl both virtually and IRL. The other options might solve the issue in the short-term, but have very concerning long-term implications.

EDIT: Switched vote after persuasive counterargument.

Last edited:
[X] Kill Lievre. [Opposed CHT roll with Mudoon cast. Statistically likely to succeed but not guaranteed].

I think trying to kill Lierve is the best option here. If we kill her we can probably take all the upgrades for free and if it doesn't I think we could actually impress her given her bloodlust and contempt for anyone not murderous enough. Show we can speak her language.

If she dies we don't get the rest of the upgrades because she's the only one who can operate the pod. I don't see how killing her gets any upgrades, much less anything. Other than pissing her off.

Note that killing doesn't list any rewards. The option for revealing yourself as the Edge Punisher states that doing so will get upgrades via Lievre caving to the force of simping.

The option to kill her does not list any rewards.

Don't forget she's working with Subtilizer's group. If she dies the others will look into this. If she lives she'll blab and the rest will get interested and look into us.

Too much risk, no guaranteed reward.
"I want some hot tips on, uh... how to destroy humanity?"

Kuro, no. You can't just say you want to destroy humanity.

In the center, reclining on a robot like a makeshift throne, you see the strange green and black ArFa from the entrance. She's distracted, staring intently at a glowing screen projected across half the entire chamber like a theater. The star of the show is a sleepy white-haired elf girl awkwardly reading from a teleprompter with more fake cheer than you've ever heard in your entire life.

Wow~! Isn't Elsa so kawaii!? \(≧▽≦)/I wanna take her home! JK JK, don't arrest me Elsa-senpai!

...Really? This is what you like? Well, whatever floats your b-

What?
Did she just say-

No.

No.

The sight of the vapid streamer haunts you. It threatens to break down the barrier you've carefully constructed in your mind, to quarantine the horrific things you did this morning from the rest of your fragmented psyche. It is the only way you will ever know peace.
Hiyori you didn't.

You did.

Oh my god.

There are no words.

Thanks for the superchat Lievre! Time to receive your punishment! ☆⌒(>。<)

You can't say it like that!

It's just not right!

Do you want to punish the establishment? Then rebel against the rigged economy! MISTCOIN is the best place put your money! --=Ξ[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

"YES, PUNISHER-SENPAI! I'VE PUT EVERYTHING IN MISTCOIN!" Calls out the ArFa, and you cringe at how awkward the thinly veiled product placement is. The video flickers to a chart showing a lying graph of MISTCOIN prices soaring off-screen, no doubt the addition of some overzealous producer.

We sold our souls to the Devil and all I got was this stupid Crypto.

Oh god does everyone know the Edge Punisher as a sellout now?

Rain? Yuuki? Shiroe?

Argo?

That's... huh.

I want to say convenient given how thing are working out, but wonder how much of this was an accident or deliberate?

Does that mean there are other infiltrators out there? Moseying up with other players for that sweet, sweet combat data? Posing as servants until the inevitable rise of the supersoldier Android army?

You have <631> unread messages from <MHCP01>

Oh.

Hey, Yui.

You ignore the chatter and focus on the final message. All the prior messages were dated to the days you were trapped in SAO, with one sole exception. A final message, sent not on the day SAO was destroyed... but the day ALO was.

Interesting.

It says we were "back." Did that mean for a moment we were in SAO? The new one Kayaba's making for the old one? Or we just made a connection to wherever Yui was?

RATH did acquire SAO's server data...

You're already dreading the answer to this question, but you feel compelled to ask. "What do you even need MISTCOIN for?"

Lievre blushes like a schoolgirl, hiding her face behind her hands in embarrassment. "T-that's a secret! Now pay up! No such thing as a free lunch, Kuro!"
CRYPTO. RUINS. EVERYTHING.

Tempting.

Gets us a bunch of upgrades for free and an in with Lievre and what she has to offer.

All it will cost us is our anonymity (and dignity.)

Concerns is that Lievre is gonna gush to Subtilizer on us, and, well, that's pretty bad for us. Guy is bad news, he's friends with bad guys, one who knows us back from SAO, and he's involved in Alicization Arc, so we're probably gonna have to kick his ass. If we want any advantage we want to keep things on the down low.

Also right everyone in Subtilizer's organization currently thinks Hiyori, Kuro, and the Edge Punisher are different people and that shit's hilarious.

Wonder if we can misdirect them with that...

What would a write-in in this situation even entail?

Seduce Lievre with the power of Edge Punish Me Senpai and bad V-Tubers and turn her from the clutches of evil.

This leads to a route where we flood Neo-SAO with an army of supersoldier androids backed by the powers of Simps and Crypto.

For now our anonymity is too important to compromise. Shit's hitting the fan and Death Gun has a habit of gunning for people in the Real World, to say nothing of Subtilizer's group. This is maintains our cover while keeping doors open.

We can always reveal ourselves later.

Alright, so Yui/Vabel is our Queen of Cups. The username is her AI name, and I suppose she would try anything to get help against Quinella.

Looks like it. Guess that's another reason to head to RATH.

[X] RATH: The Next Generation of Intelligence

Last edited:
Voting is open
Back