Lord of the Stars Quest!

Noxturne90 said:
I am a bit unhappy with this as well. We don't need Religion, and Religion never mixes well with artificial machine races. The only race that I know of that has a solidified religion that works are the Transformers, and that is because their gods are physically incarnated as freaking Planet-sized tranforming robots, who transform into planets. Personally, I am going to side with Tori on this. I don't like this whole thing one bit.
I don't see a problem if we take reasonable precautions. We literally control the tenants of this religion. As long as we don't make 'kill everyone who doesn't believe in us' a part of the religion, we're good.

PhoenixFTW said:
I don't see a problem if we take reasonable precautions. We literally control the tenants of this religion. As long as we don't make 'kill everyone who doesn't believe in us' a part of the religion, we're good.
We should probably make it only kill them if they persistently try the same.

Noxturne90 said:
Unfortunately, Religion has a very long and well defined history of getting out of hand, even with simple and basic rules literally carved into stone for one. I still stand by my belief that this is not in our best interests for the long run.
A very long and well defined history among us humans. Also, the only way it can get out of hand is with a bad dice roll.

Edit: I'll put up an action list once Trent replies to one of my PMs.

Can we make an Avatar and go talk to Tori? Like, more RP in between turns. I want to hear what she has to say about this, maybe try to convince her... or maybe she'll convince us.

al103 said:
Making Wetwork Web without solving "500 days" issue is bad idea IMHO.
Thats only for ship cores. With planetary networks, you can make bigger and more complex jars for the brains so they last longer. And you can easily make more if needed. On ships, you can't replace them that easily.

Trent01 said:
Thats only for ship cores. With planetary networks, you can make bigger and more complex jars for the brains so they last longer. And you can easily make more if needed. On ships, you can't replace them that easily.
Between "it's good that Builders are gone" and all that troubles with T-T Interlink I don't think it's good reason to make it. Though if you as GM say that it will not blow up in our faces as T-TI did...

al103 said:
Between "it's good that Builders are gone" and all that troubles with T-T Interlink I don't think it's good reason to make it. Though if you as GM say that it will not blow up in our faces as T-TI did...
Theres still a chance of that. Always is. Just gotta trust the dice.

Trent01 said:
Theres still a chance of that. Always is. Just gotta trust the dice.
Only I tend to note that Critical Failures are themed and with this we are risking a big one as theme is not exactly nice one.

Yeaaah, not trusting this to not blow up on our face if integrated into society beyond what they currently are, or if used as ship mainframes. We ought to use the wetware CPUs as a stopgap only and in restricted manner, until we get our quantum brains up to their level.

Hell, FTL broadband + AI research = Minds? Say goodbye to that silly speed-of-light restriction when it comes to building better computers.

earth-destroyer said:
You didn't used PPP (for Anti-Matter Synthesis probably, but Information Highways have economic importance too, especially in this society) and you didn't used Tyrosian's bonus anywhere.

In robot society...
High-speed information highways...
Not having economical importance...
WHUT?

New source of energy...
Not having economical importance...
Also WHUT?

PS. Also GM specifically said (though about Mizol - and not Mizo btw) that we can add bonuses if we can explain how they are applicable. You must remember that previously we successfully used AI-hub on action slot bonus, despite it's bonus being research one - we just explained HOW we used it.

Personal actions

[x][x]Meditate on and deal with your power problems

R&D Slots

[x] Wetwork computer core refits. (-10) (+ 30 Tori)
[x] Nano-harden Hexaferium (- 20) (+ 20 AI Hub)(+15 The Wetworks Complex projects)
[x][x] Jorian Inertia-less Drive (-40) (+30 Nanu lab) (156 of 500) (+ 10 Tyrosian)
[x] Wireless transference of power for nanotech (+ 20 Mizo)(+15 The Wetworks Complex projects)

Action Slots

[x]Continue work on Technic-telepathic Interlink. (256 of 300) (+ 15 Bioroid Cloning Plants)
[x]Start the Wetwork Web(+10 Titan reactor)
[x] Sentient NanoPlant
[x] Design Space Strategic Operations Planning (+10)(+ 15 Skylar)
[x] Construction of Heavy cruisers. Finish the nearly completed one then start, Centaur production group. (x10 Centaurs, 400 points)(+10 Transport network)
[x][x] High speed information highways. (47 of 400)
[x]New space Labs(+ 30 Industrial Nanofactory Complex)

Multipurpose slots:

[x][x] Construction of anti-matter synthesis plants (94 of 400)(+5 PPP)

earth-destroyer said:
Personal actions

[x][x] Get rid of Zeal it has now place in a AI culture

R&D Slots

[x] Wetwork computer core refits. (-10) (+ 30 Tori)
[x] Nano-harden Hexaferium (- 20) (+ 20 AI Hub)(+15 The Wetworks Complex projects)
[x][x] Jorian Inertia-less Drive (-40) (+30 Nanu lab) (156 of 500) (+ 10 Tyrosian)
[x] Wireless transference of power for nanotech (+ 20 Mizo)(+15 The Wetworks Complex projects)

Action Slots

[x]Continue work on Technic-telepathic Interlink. (256 of 300) (+ 15 Bioroid Cloning Plants)(+10 Titan reactor)
[x][x] Continue refitting destroyers.
[x] Design Space Strategic Operations Planning (+10)(+ 10 Skylar)
[x] Construction of Heavy cruisers. Finish the nearly completed one then start, Centaur production group. (x10 Centaurs, 400 points)(+ 30 Industrial Nanofactory Complex)(+10 Transport network)
[x][x] High speed information highways. (47 of 400) (+ 5 Public-Private Partnerships)
[x] New space Labs

Multipurpose slots:

[x][x] Construction of anti-matter synthesis plants (94 of 400)
To think about it... if you would throw one slot from Refit to Information Highways then I would vote for yours. Or were there any problems with 3 action slots on building?

I can live with Larekko's plan too.

Hey why aren't you guys ya know FINDING OUR WHAT FUCKING WITH OUR POWER . And Instead bitching on zeal. Especially when whatever messing with our power has to potential to turn even the attempt to turn it off into something terrible.

There's also the fact we control the religion from the inside. And already dismantled a much more virulent and unhelpful one through mundane means.

SakSak said:
Yeaaah, not trusting this to not blow up on our face if integrated into society beyond what they currently are, or if used as ship mainframes. We ought to use the wetware CPUs as a stopgap only and in restricted manner, until we get our quantum brains up to their level.

Hell, FTL broadband + AI research = Minds? Say goodbye to that silly speed-of-light restriction when it comes to building better computers.
I don't get that mode of thought. The not trusting it to blow up in our faces.

I mean two of our heroes are freak accidents one of which had the potential to go hilaribad. I mean think about Mizol really think about what a sapient Nanocommander cloud could do to mess our shit up.

Hell Hell Nano C regurlary kicks our ass and costs us labs. Pretty much everything in our society has blow it up in our faces.

we just need to work on making sure we study and refine things and develop our counter measure.

we should probably set up a stable black ops divison to monitor it.

Larekko12 said:
I don't get that mode of thought. The not trusting it to blow up in our faces.
I meant mainly Culturally, and in conjunction with at least one known Zeal user among starlords (one who is hostile to us). The bot society, if I've understood correctly, has a somewhat dim view overall of the Builders. Starting to use biological brains might bring up serious cultural disharmony within the society.

SakSak said:
I meant mainly Culturally, and in conjunction with at least one known Zeal user among starlords (one who is hostile to us). The bot society, if I've understood correctly, has a somewhat dim view overall of the Builders. Starting to use biological brains might bring up serious cultural disharmony within the society.
But didn't we as a society decide to Dismantle members of our race to produce more? And don't we use Ti drones extensively in a manner that the wetware brains would be used?

And don't we integrate new fledged sapients rapidly into our society?

As I understand it our problems with the builder are the insane limits they went to with their petty war that even after they are all dead atrocites still scar the land.

And we don't particularly treat wet ware(when cloned) different than hardware due to our nature all things considered if the object is not Sapient or sentient.

And we our selves are the results of builders mad aims and we purpose that to useful and productive ends.

Now your comment of Enemy zeals users has good merit. And then only thing I can say to it is that we need to up our own defensive measures againsts zeal which will come from learning the power and may need having our own version in place. As well as setting up mortal means on containment.

earth-destroyer said:
Dude we know how to turn of Zeal, that was the whole reason we where experimenting with it. It no longer is a threat.

Now you want to let an religion similar to the Adeptus Mechanicus take hold the in our culture. The same religion that kills people who try to research new technology.
One do we in anyway know how to turn off anothers starlords Zeal?

Two. WE FUCKING MAKE THE TENETS OF THE RELIGION AND HAVE IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM PUT THAT AS ADRIVE OR DOGMA IN SAID RELGION. IN FACT PART OF THE RELIGION WAS TO ENCOURAGE FIDELTY, HARDWORK, CREATIVITY, AND PROGRESS.

WHERE IN GODS NAME DOES STAGNATION AND IGNORANCE COME INTO THAT!

Your argument is semantic and does not apply.
We don't kill poeple who reasearch new tech. We have in fact killed people in order to reasearch new and old tech.

earth-destroyer said:
Thats how it gets started someone starts talking about a good way of living. Then in just a few years its infesting every corners of society. Then suddenly a good idea has turned into fanaticism, dogma and zealotry. Before long you have people killing each other because they don't believe the same as you.

And another thing, do you think Jesus is pleased that his words have been used to justify mass murder, wars, Stealing untold amounts of money, and enforcing tech stagnation, I personaly don't.
Now this is just turning into some anti religion BS. You are also using a slippery slope argument and talking about religion as it applies to human who don't have an emprically provable deity figure guiding it.

'But do you not understand the simple concept WE ARE BACK HACKED INTO THE SPIRITUAL AND MORAL FOUNDATION OF THIER RELIGION BY BEING THEIR GOD AND DESIGN IT AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

We influence divine and guide their existence on a half decade basis.

When we take the time to learn how and we should. We can send down physical avatar we can prove as us and say no go this way.

earth-destroyer said:
Thats how it gets started someone starts talking about a good way of living. Then in just a few years its infesting every corners of society. Then suddenly a good idea has turned into fanaticism, dogma and zealotry. Before long you have people killing each other because they don't believe the same as you.

And another thing, do you think Jesus is pleased that his words have been used to justify mass murder, wars, Stealing untold amounts of money, and enforcing tech stagnation, I personaly don't.
Shut the fuck up, get the fuck out, how fucking DARE you try to bring a religious debate into this thread. How DARE you try to bring such a controversial topic into our game. Get the fuck out and dont ever come back.

earth-destroyer said:
These people are AI's all it takes is one fanatic with a well designed viruses to take control of the majority of the population.

And is would be trivial for them to make it so that any change we cause is overwritten by simply storing a hardcoded backup that continually rewrites the date into its original form. Our here units managed that.
You know that's what midnight, the Ai hub, Avatar, Meditation and the like are for.

And incase you have forgotten. WE COUNTERED THE EXACT SAME THING. And ALL OF THEM BEING AI mean they all have chance of defense.

And here's the important part.

WE CONTROL THE RLEIGION.

We Control the pathos, ethos, and logos.

We can insert avatars.

And regardless if your so worried all it takes right now is some fool with 'well designed virus' to jack the population. I mean It's not like we don't reguraly deal with rampant tech or anything.

Back