[X] Her mech

If he asks just tell him it's what everyone else does.

Clearly he is one of Harzivan's direct descendants. He even ate personality-altering material in bulk and became a hulking, semi-friendly nutcase.

[X] Her mech

You dig giant robots!
I dig giant robots!
Chicks Dudes dig giant robots!

Well, Mech is obviously the safe choice, but this appears to be a guy who casually tears apart roachrhinos with his bare hands. He could well be more appreciative of something more modest, and the gifted rifle both sends valuable signals and appears to be on par with a military anti-material rifle in any case. I'm tempted to chance it.

[X] With the rifle Argo had gifted her last year
This seems like the best option for future diplomatic relations.

this appears to be a guy who casually tears apart roachrhinos with his bare hands.
His heavily augmented bare hands, yes.

It seems to me that voting for Argo's gifted rifle is probably a route for getting him to go away while remaining polite and not offending him - we're showing respect by using the rifle, but by the same standard we've just committed the hunt to be aimed at weaker, less "interesting" targets so as to not die - and I get the impression that Messermass is going to find that boring, whatever his respect for our personal modesty might be.

Thinking about it, I might actually go for that - I'm not sure I want him to stick around.

[X] Her mech

I'd never even considered that we might not go in our mech. Obviously Ella wants to use her mech. We kill bigger things in a mech. We can keep up with big rich man in our mech. Mech is cool. Use mech!

His heavily augmented bare hands, yes.

It seems to me that voting for Argo's gifted rifle is probably a route for getting him to go away while remaining polite and not offending him - we're showing respect by using the rifle, but by the same standard we've just committed the hunt to be aimed at weaker, less "interesting" targets so as to not die - and I get the impression that Messermass is going to find that boring, whatever his respect for our personal modesty might be.

Thinking about it, I might actually go for that - I'm not sure I want him to stick around.

Wait, he has an aircraft. Can we fit it with turrets? What are the requisition forms for a tacnuke?

Reportedly, this guy's comrades point him in the general area of entire populations of dangerous wildlife they'd like culled, which he then takes care of single-handedly. Keeping him around might be the equivalent of a free "patrol the woods" action every turn.

[X] Her mech

If this goes well, we should try the rifle next time we go hunting, though.

Back