X] Construct building
-[X] Reactor
[X] Patrol rail lines
[X] Patrol forest
[X] Investigate rumours
[X] Nomad diplomacy

[X] Study politics
[X] Study war - Chance to advance Officer education

Voting for two study options to avoid voting for anything that could lock us out of studying at least once this year. Personal stagnation is unacceptable, much better to lose all progress made last year rather than establishing a pattern of never studying.

Last edited:
Like others pointed out it is an year, not a month.

And an "official" party once an year is not too much - especially if we want to go into entertainment industry, transforming this into our "Oscar's Night" with time.

Moreover, I hope that if we do it often enough it will become an automated background action, not requiring a personal action anymore.
I'm thinking back to what Academia Nut talked about when Mirande went to University; sometimes he does extra rewards for sustained, consistent effort.
There are more productive sustained events to go for.

And again, AN literally put a statement in the party update that doing it too often would yield diminishing returns.

If we had month-long turns doing a party once a year would be sensible. But putting half of our personal effort for the entire year into a party EVERY SINGLE YEAR? Please god no.

And again, AN literally put a statement in the party update that doing it too often would yield diminishing returns.

If we had month-long turns doing a party once a year would be sensible. But putting half of our personal effort for the entire year into a party EVERY SINGLE YEAR? Please god no.

Of course not one of our actions every single year!
A party is a day, two day event?

Preparation for it is what, a month at most?
Most of the work done by assistants, at that.

I expect it to become a sustained event not requiring our action investment in four years at most.
@Academia Nut, can you confirm or deny this?

And regarding it being not a useful sustained event...
You were the one who wanted us to become New Hollywood.
Parties are integral to mingle and plot between the famous, noble and rich.
Were we more martially inclined, I wouldn't have considered party important.

But as entertainment/intrigue oriented as we are now?
It is essential to have such a regular opportunity to meet and mingle with the movers and shakers.

We are a tourist resort. Advertisement and people coming here to relax is our life blood. To have a regular party to entice the wealthy and powerful to come is a very desirable thing.

Last edited:

That's a fair opinion to have, though we'll be doing two years anyway, are we sure we don't want to extend that to 5?

That's been addressed, though; it was about doing a semi-casual social too often.
Voting for two study options to avoid voting for anything that could lock us out of studying at least once this year. Personal stagnation is unacceptable, much better to lose all progress made last year rather than establishing a pattern of never studying.
You lost your "[" at the start of your vote.
I agree we should study as a general point. I think I'm in favor of working hard at establishing ourselves in a new role, then working hard to improve ourselves. Something like three years for the first and five for the second, then repeat.

Last edited:
No he didn't. He said they would get bored if we kept things at the same level to often. Not that people will get bored if we do a party too often.
Using a personal action for a party means devoting literally half of our personal time for an entire year to making a party. Why on earth would taking the same action create a party at a "lower level"?
That's a fair opinion to have, though we'll be doing two years anyway, are we sure we don't want to extend that to 5?
u jokin wid me m8?

Using a personal action for a party means devoting literally half of our personal time for an entire year to making a party. Why on earth would taking the same action create a party at a "lower level"?

Not at a lower level.
Just a formal ball, a rave or a masquerade instead of a casual get together.
And again, no, we will not need to use an action every time.
We just need to establish the parties, then I expect them to be automated.

@Academia Nut
Could you please mark actions where a sustained effort can bring us benefits?
Like education, as we started university last time around we did not know how many asctions and years we would need for what benefit.

If the acton description would have been:
one year/ up to date with current events
two years/ bachelor + to stat
four years/ master + to stat and a trait

We would have had a lot less heated discussions and could plan much more effectively, with less waffling around.

Last edited:

u jokin wid me m8?
Dude it's talking about the level of formality. What we voted on? We're clear to do a Formal Ball, Masquerade, Rowdy Dance, or Debauched Rave but not a Semi-Casual Social or a Relaxed Gathering.

Not really no, I think it would end up being worth it. Establish a reputation, hone a skill, build a network...
Not at a lower level.
Just a formal ball, a rave or a masquerade instead of a casual get together.
And again, no, we will not need to use an action every time.
We just need to establish the parties, then they I expect them to be automated.
If automation is your only endgame it's a risky endeavor.
Another outcome is just much better parties.

Last edited:

I am not sure about that.
Take a conference, a formal ball, or Night with the Oscars - establishing an event is not as dissimilar, as, let's say, building a factory.
You need effort, you need starting resources, planning, location, but once it is done, a routine achieved, _a lot_ less work is necessary in a follow up.

Why can we build a reactor and not care about its maintenance ever again, but not establish an yearly event, and not care about it's maintenance ever again?

Last edited:
Dude it's talking about the level of formality. What we voted on? We're clear to do a Formal Ball, Masquerade, Rowdy Dance, or Debauched Rave but not a Semi-Casual Social or a Relaxed Gathering.

Not really no, I think it would end up being worth it. Establish a reputation, hone a skill, build a network...
Establish a reputation – we're a member of the Stone family. This is not going to be a problem.
Hone a skill – you mean Study Politics?
Build a network – Seek Allies or Solidify Allies.

There are better ways to achieve those outcomes than throwing a party every year.
Maybe not automation in the strict sense of the word, but if it becomes a tradition, then that makes the job easier.

Establish a reputation – we're a member of the Stone family. This is not going to be a problem.
Hone a skill – you mean Study Politics?
Build a network – Seek Allies or Solidify Allies.

There are better ways to achieve those outcomes than throwing a party every year.

Maybe not automation in the strict sense of the word, but if it becomes a tradition, then that makes the job easier.
We need to be our own woman to rise within the family. Riding the prestige of our forebears isn't enough.
Yes, study politics would do more for its individual area than throw a party, but it only addresses one area.
Yes, seek allies and solidify allies are important and better at their individual areas, but I think they benefit from a yearly party.
I believe there's room to spend 5/10 actions on parties and work the other stuff in around that, then either have automated parties or be satisfied stopping them and focus on studying.
Hmm, I do think this is a good argument; are there other actions people are in favor of committing an action to 5 years in a row? Starting by turn, say, 4?
I know @Nix wants to study; is there a particular study action people are willing to commit to in a big way?

Last edited:
[X] Construct building
- build a reactor

[X] Patrol rail lines - Assign a unit to ensure the security of travellers in the rail lines. Current chance of encounter: LOW

[X] Patrol forest - Assign a unit to patrol the forests, seeking to eliminate dangerous wildlife or alien reavers before they become a problem. Current chance of encounter: MODERATE-HIGH

[X] Patrol forest - Assign a unit to patrol the forests, seeking to eliminate dangerous wildlife or alien reavers before they become a problem. Current chance of encounter: MODERATE-HIGH

[X] Nomad diplomacy - There are number of people who have adapted to a permanent lifestyle in the woods travelling near Razorleaf Meadows, and they might be amenable to trade or other opportunities if the right presentation is made

-PERSONAL ACTIONS-

[X] Solidify allies - Bring Samantha Sea and Massi Sturgeon into your corner

[X] Throw a party - Hold a major social gathering

Going over and heavily patrolling the forest will more likely result in a better disposition and trade deals from the nomads.

Just saying new allies sounds better than dealing with two powerful figures that were insulting each other. They may be competing for mayorship or something.

Getting to know more people helps us find out who would be accountable when it comes to assigning the position of mayor around here.

Just saying new allies sounds better than dealing with two powerful figures that were insulting each other. They may be competing for mayorship or something.

Getting to know more people helps us find out who would be accountable when it comes to assigning the position of mayor around here.
They were teasing eachother, not insulting. Just playing the game.
If I recall correctly the person who assigns the position of mayor gave it to himself.

True but theoretically he can be voted out. An teasing in front of the new Governor (new boss) could be a private war of one upping that's going on in the background. Just saying it's a possibility. In the end, unless were really good at reading people/mind reading we'll never know trully.

I still think that knowing more important people in the community would be nice.

We just need to establish the parties, then I expect them to be automated.
That's an insane thing to just assume when they take 1 of our 2 personal actions right now. In IRC, AN said that if there's automated actions it'd be with significant up-front investment.

If anything I'd imagine that we already stage minor social gatherings from time to time automatically and if we spend an action it, it means that we ARE doing a major party with all the big movers and shakers and no expenses spared.

@Academia Nut can you weigh in on this? (Before we start wasting all our actions on this dead end)

That's an insane thing to just assume when they take 1 of our 2 personal actions right now. In IRC, AN said that if there's automated actions it'd be with significant up-front investment.

If anything I'd imagine that we already stage minor social gatherings from time to time automatically and if we spend an action it, it means that we ARE doing a major party with all the big movers and shakers and no expenses spared.

@Academia Nut can you weigh in on this? (Before we start wasting all our actions on this dead end)
Yep, various minor social gatherings:
While the big party had been the obvious highlight, there had been all sorts of other socializing to do, a thousand little interactions that piled on top of each other, each building towards a more important whole but individually not that important. There had been smaller social gatherings as Ella got to know the various movers and shakers of the settlement, either permanent residents or frequent visitors. She had contacted Samantha and Massi electronically the next day but it had been a month before she had been able to arrange for another face to face meeting with Samantha, and for Massi it had been half a year for a mutual dinner with Samantha. Still, she was fairly certain that not only had her interactions gone well, but that she had probably secured the both of them as tentative allies for the near future.

I'd also like to know more about sustained effort at throwing parties if AN is willing to comment there.

Last edited:

And this is why I also already asked @Academia Nut to comment on this.

Last edited:
Could you please mark actions where a sustained effort can bring us benefits?

That would be everything.

Yes, the party in question is the big, expensive thing that takes enough resources and coordination among all the other management and military stuff you are doing that you can only really afford to do it once or twice a year, for now.

That would be everything.
Yes, the party in question is the big, expensive thing that takes enough resources and coordination among all the other management and military stuff you are doing that you can only really afford to do it once or twice a year, for now.

Can we establish this as an yearly event/gala that will not require an action from us with sustained effort?

Back