Fools, We Will Destroy You All! ...After We Save The World! (Mad Scientist Riot Quest)(RECRUITING!)

How Should Minions Be Capped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you want to compromise, you could help angelfield. It won't change you into machine or anything *shrug*
Can't say I'm happy about this, but not like I have a choice here...

Not that I'm gonna depend on nanomachines for healing, but it's pointless to keep that vote without help. And if we need to do combat and I'm still injured? Well, too bad, isn't it?

Last edited:
Can't say I'm happy about this, but not like I have a choice here...

Not that I'm gonna depend on nanomachines for healing, but it's pointless to keep that vote without help.
It won't stay inside you for so long, can't see why it so dangerous unless someone decide to create a techno virus.

You could ask the chemical guys to create something if you so anti machine *shrug*

It won't stay inside you for so long, can't see why it so dangerous unless someone decide to create a techno virus.
Or zap me with lightning or something else. Having it turn against me is exactly why I don't want it.

Angelfield 1.6.4: If integrated, reduces all timed statuses by 1 week, causes all permanent statuses to downgrade after 4 weeks
And as I see it described, it's something permanently 'installed'.

Last edited:
Or zap me with lightning or something else. HAving it turn against me is exactly why I don't want it.

And as I see it described, it's something permanently 'installed'.
And other healing won't? Cancer, mutation, degradation, and such are a real thing. No thing is prefectly or even largely safe especially one made by Made scientists.

@I just write Can Forging Furnaces help with building/expanding bases?

Would Capsule Tech help with bot storage? Because with it, the only time they need non negligible room is while they are undergoing maintenance.

Are rooms roughly the same "cost"? Like, does a Server Room need as many points to build as a Store Room or a Lab?

Is it possible to have a Pandora Orb integrate a Pandora Orb?

@I just write Can Forging Furnaces help with building/expanding bases?

Would Capsule Tech help with bot storage? Because with it, the only time they need non negligible room is while they are undergoing maintenance.

Are rooms roughly the same "cost"? Like, does a Server Room need as many points to build as a Store Room or a Lab?

Is it possible to have a Pandora Orb integrate a Pandora Orb?
1: No, no they don't. Minions or Equipment only.

2: It's not just storage; there's also maintenance and other such things. If you want hammerspace bot housing, research a room for it.

3: Room cost is abstracted to save work.

4: NO.

2: It's not just storage; there's also maintenance and other such things. If you want hammerspace bot housing, research a room for it.

3: Room cost is abstracted to save work.
2. I know, and already mentioned as such. The reason I'm asking is because it seems unusual that our bots would need maintenance so often that, with 24 bots, a Robot Maintenance Hub would be constantly be operating at peak capacity, as soon as it finishes with one bot it instantly has to move onto the next. I compared ot to car shops, even though their garages can only physically hold maybe 6 cars at a time, they service hundreds becuase cars don't need maintenance all that often.

3. The question still stands even with the abstraction, hence the quotation marks around cost. Can we always make the best rooms, or if our construction ability is lacking will we have to settle for lower quality rooms, the total number of rooms being the same.

Aren't capsules supposed to carry food and wildlife as well? If not then wouldn't bots count as equipment if they are shut down, I mean it worked for star wars.

If not then we just have to research the PC in pokemon, just store them in the internet.

Last edited:
Even then it wil probally be late game, it is a bit early for room less storage mee thinks.
Why is that? Considering that breaking the laws of thermodynamics is considered a mid game achievement, i do not at all see why space fuckery like that would be all that hard. And if it is, I'd honestly be a bit miffed for that makes my starting invention effectively useless till much later.

How much longer till the vote is closed? With the newly established housing rules, need to figure out what to have the Forging Furnaces make.

So does this mean that Trondason's plan to build 160 Spider bots right now is as unviable as we were worried it is?

And will the expansion into the new bunker base free up room for creating any of the robots I'm planning on creating this turn?

And the mine for space for other robots as well?

Last edited:
[X]Comprehensive Risk Assessment Model
-[X]Basing off CRM, CRAM thoroughly analyzes any and all previous failed experiments and operations, identifying prevalent accidents and their causes. Utilizing this knowledge, it tries to identify any similar situations within current actions. Upon finding such a situation, it will proceed to warn the scientist in question, and offer possible counter-measures.
-[X]When recognizing an imminent catastrophe, will immediately call for help through S.K.Y.net and other available channels, as well take control of the local facilities, in order to minimize damage.
[X] Acquire a new base
-[X] The Mine
-[X] Make sure to actually *talk* to the dumbass ecology activists and tell them I'm the founder of a permaculture-leaning agricultural company and am looking into reducing the harm that mining has on the local environment, along with other land rehabilitation efforts, and that I plan for this mine to not only produce copper but to do so without harm to the local area. And also that I plan on building a lab within the property so that if it *is* harmful I will be the first to know.
-[X] Actually set up a lab; don't start mining yet (and make sure to advertise this fact so potential employees aren't pissed that they didn't get a chance at being hired).
[X] Boss Minions Around
-Get NetNavi MK.2 to help out.

We currently got 60 Robotic Housings left. 22.5 of which can be used for Digital Assistants instead.

@I just write Do we have to make housings BEFORE we can get the units? Or is it good enough if we build the housings at the same time, as with these new bases people are making?

Can we hire people as a free action to help out with the base building? Cause we got a lot of income we aren't exactly using, could hire a good couple dozen people to do these bases until I get the robotic hoard built. And I mean just for this week, not as a permanent thing. Seems easier to hire people for a short contract rather than a indefinite one.

Is there any point to having multiple Labs per base? Our main one has 2 after all.

Does the bonus from Robot Maintenance Hub stack? Security Checkpoint specifies that it's thing does not stack, so makes me wonder if anything else does.

Are Net Navis small or medium? ConfusedPotato said medium, but that seems really wierd, since I thought that their physical housing was about the size of a briefcase, so rather darn small.

Last edited:
We currently got 60 Robotic Housings left. 22.5 of which can be used for Digital Assistants instead.

@I just write Do we have to make housings BEFORE we can get the units? Or is it good enough if we build the housings at the same time, as with these new bases people are making?

Can we hire people as a free action to help out with the base building? Cause we got a lot of income we aren't exactly using, could hire a good couple dozen people to do these bases until I get the robotic hoard built. And I mean just for this week, not as a permanent thing. Seems easier to hire people for a short contract rather than a indefinite one.

Is there any point to having multiple Labs per base? Our main one has 2 after all.

Does the bonus from Robot Maintenance Hub stack? Security Checkpoint specifies that it's thing does not stack, so makes me wonder if anything else does.

Are Net Navis small or medium? ConfusedPotato said medium, but that seems really wierd, since I thought that their physical housing was about the size of a briefcase, so rather darn small.
1: Get Housing First.

2: Hiring people is still an action. Especially if you want to make sure they don't let slip what they're working on. Still, you can easily hire for a relatively short contract.

3: Once you guys expand, I'm going to cap number of research actions per lab to a reasonable number.

4: Size for digital minions is more how much processing power and memory they need. By this metric, Net Navis are medium.

1: Get Housing First.

2: Hiring people is still an action. Especially if you want to make sure they don't let slip what they're working on. Still, you can easily hire for a relatively short contract.

3: Once you guys expand, I'm going to cap number of research actions per lab to a reasonable number.

4: Size for digital minions is more how much processing power and memory they need. By this metric, Net Navis are medium.
2: Would there be anything to slip if we only have them build the buildings? I don't think our basic infrastructure is anything special, as long as we keep the Spider Bots and what not out of sight, we should be good. Or is there something I'm not thinking of or don't know about that goes with basic construction of a new base?

3: Any indication what that is, for base planning? 5?

4: I thought that stuff came with the Net Navi? The briefcase server they are on having all the processing power and what not they need.

New question, since equipment is now effectively infinite, and Forging Furnaces can't aid with the construction of bases (I was thinking they could at least help with building advanced components like the stuff in a Server Room), and we don't got enough room for Minions, is there anything else they can be used on? I'd like to make full use of their production cycle. Can they make more Forging Furnaces?

Also, front page says we have 7 furnaces, when we should have 8. 1 Starting Invention, 1 from an action in Turn 2, 1 from a minion in Turn 2, 5 from me in Turn 3.

Building the Cataclysm has gone up the list of my priorities with the revelation of the housing problem. The Cataclysm is going to have an lot of room for minions of all shapes. We're probably don't have the required level of research in several subjects to build it though, but the bigger problem is the cost. Honestly if we level up Nuclear Fusion, Dimensional Physics, and maybe Computing to level three than we should be good. Except we'll probably need to gain three levels in like Aereonautics or something to get the thing off the ground. Also maybe Megastructures to be able to build such an big thing in the first place. I'd like to have some kind of invisibility component to put on it too. So researching that might be wise.

Hey @Lizard Knight? Do you think we should hold off on making Wheelies until the housing situation is resolved?

Last edited:
Building the Cataclysm has gone up the list of my priorities with the revelation of the housing problem. The Cataclysm is going to have an lot of room for minions of all shapes. We're probably don't have the required level of research in several subjects to build it though, but the bigger problem is the cost. Honestly if we level up Nuclear Fusion, Dimensional Physics, and maybe Computing to level three than we should be good. Except we'll probably need to gain three levels in like Aereonautics or something to get the thing off the ground. Also maybe Megastructures to be able to build such an big thing in the first place. I'd like to have some kind of invisibility component to put on it too. So researching that might be wise.

Hey @Lizard Knight? Do you think we should hold off on making Wheelies until the housing situation is resolved?
As much as I want to build the thing, transport is not what we need right now. Space for biological minions is of larger importance. Any temperory idea? We'll just shelf the Wheelie, factpurry to probally seeing as space is of importance now, we can hold off on building the Wheelie for a bit.
I wonder if it is wise to sent those interns down there alone to recover the Proto-Pillah. Thing is, I don't want the creature there in the sewers because that is something just waiting to bite us in the ass.

Back