Combine the last two games you played

Genshin Impact and Tears of the Kingdom?
Well, no matter what it's a big, open-world action-adventure game with a fantasy setting and a focus on exploration.

If we get the best qualities of both, then we get an absolutely MASSIVE map stuffed to the gills with treasure chests and puzzles, we acquire more tricks and spells and elements as we progress, as we meet new people we can add them as options on our squad and we can actually have five characters on the field at once. Voicework even for generic NPCs even if its just not words. Good story with massive backstory hidden in every item and location description. Build system for ingame devices and vehicles. Online co-op. Seasonal events. Super queer. Honestly perfect.

Alternately we could get the worst of both. Big map released in tiny chunks. Real money gatcha for characters and weapons. Link is free, so he's the worst character. Except for Master Sword Link, a non-free variant who is mid. Weapons need to have resources spent to upgrade and repair them, but still have low durability and constantly break. Very limited inventory despite everything being breakable. Even your five-star real-money weapons break. Story is silent outside of cutscenes and full of terrible bullshit plotlines. Things that are vital all over the map are occasionally just vanished/replaced and NPCs pretend the new system was always the old system. Navi returns and does all the speaking for silent hero Link. Queerbaity, constantly suggests things, then walks back the queer implications in the next update. Every character and item has unclear explanations and inconsistently used terminology. Characters can be absolutely overpowered or practically unusable based not on explicit design but on on under the hood quirks or bugs in thier mechanics and these are never revisited or changed except to remove ones that are TOO powerful. Visual design and mechanical design teams often out of sync.

The samurai, after chasing the demon king and his creatures throught the ages, from the warring clans era to the modern day though awful sewers, though a overpass and into the penthouse of a in construction skyscraper, where strangely the demon king hid as a face under wallpaper of all things; instead of returning to his own time, bumbled into a library and fell through L-space to ankh-morpork, where he rested awhile, recovering from his great effort, and when awake, noticed a dragon in the highest point of the city gazing enigmatically over the landscape 🌆.

The next move seems obvious, but why is there a guy in a dress appearing in multiple places at once, and why are the samurai memories insisting that multiple contradictory events have and are happening? Things might be more complicated than they look and the samurai power over time may be needed.

Last edited:
Stellaris + Rebel Galaxy. Sounds like a game where you play as a character in the background of a Stellaris campaign.

Hitman and Rogue Trader.
Basicly Hitman, except set in Imperium of Man and you are a psyker (because i play as a Psyker), your targets are corrupt governers, cultists, xeno's, and whomever has pissed of administratum.
Until inevitable point where you start arguing with the corrupt (obviously) administratum lords giving you orders and go independent trying to futilely fix imperium through murder.

Pokemon Violet (Indigo Disk) + Baldur's Gate 3

Tav as a Pokemon trainer, with the companions as your Pokemon!

Shadowheart: Dark type (Obvious, but can evolve into a Dark/Fairy if you turn her Selunite.)

Lae'zel: Fighting/Psychic Type (Fighting because fighter, psychic because Gith have psionic capabilities.)

Astarion: Dark/Ghost type (Ghost is because he's a vamp, thus undead. Pokemon form is probably bat-like.)

Gale: Psychic type (Since psychic is usually the magic stand-in, and Fairy type would mean something else in DnD terms. Pokemon form probably looks like a Tressym.)

Wyll: Dark/Fighting type (A hard one to figure out, but dark for the warlock stuff and fighting for the Blade of Frontiers stuff.)

Karlach: Fire/Fighting type (Obvious typing choices.)

Not the best type composition for a team, but oh well. I suppose Halsin (Grass type) or Minthara (Steel/Dark type) can also be caught/recruited.

Rogue Trader and Star Trek Online

A Starfleet ship is pulled through a Warp storm and finds itself in an unfamiliar area of space, quickly realizing they have been pulled into a different universe. They find themselves in what the locals call the "Koronus Expanse", and unwittingly become embroiled in a local situation unfolding, with a misunderstanding leading to the (undercover) Starfleet Captain being mistaken for someone else, and "inheriting" the title of "Rogue Trader". As the Starfleet crew learns of the universe they find themselves in, the Captain decides that trying to follow the Prime Directive and not get involved would be an undue risk to his crew and continues the charade.

The Captain must now balance the survival of his crew while being forced to take up the command of a vessel from this universe as well, learning about and navigating the strange land they find themselves in. His only true mission is to get his crew home.

And since it's mixed with STO, the "way home" is probably a Promo Box gamble item.

Prodeus and Halo Infinite.

Oh, joy. Master Chief be fighting Forerunners and Flood again after getting shunted back in time to the Forerunner-Flood War.

And this time, he ain't stopping.

Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic and Magic: The Gathering Arena?

Hmm, I guess a planeswalker has discovered communism and has decided to have a try at building a communist economy/state by himself? Probably a lot easier with magic around.

Recettear: An Item Shop tale and Trials of Mana... I guess Recette will somehow save the world by reforming all the villains, yes even Anise while making lots of money to get out of debt while leaving the Mana goddsss really confused...

Though I wonder what sort of Item Recette is stocking that would repeatedly draw Anise to her shop.

Planetary Annihilation and SNES Wheel of Fortune. I'm gonna need some help figuring this one out.
Wheel of Morality, turn turn turn, tell us the geoscape that we shall burn?

... more seriously, I'm imaging a campaign that's a wheel of fortune puzzle, and you have to conquer letters or something to fill it out. Attacking the wrong letter gets a harder fight and/or some kind of malus (stronger for loss, weaker for victory), you'd incorporate the actual wheel to build (or lose!) persistent campaign buffs.

Add a weird puzzle thing to a RTS campaign, basically, with the wheel spinning randomization governing a lot of the ebb and flow of the overarching conflict. Wheel of Fortune campaign layer, more or less. I could respect it.

... Pat Sajak is still alive, so if you had enough money you might be able to get the fellow to do the primary narration of whatever galactic horror is presiding over the conflict, too.

Tales of Arise and Devil May Cry 3...

I wonder how Dante would use the devil book. Would it be a gun or a devil arm? Otherwise, either D&V falling in to Dahna, or the Arise cast somehow ending up on Earth by the time of the start of 3. Either way? LETS ROCK!

Disco Elysium and Dorfromantik. I actually have no idea what results should be achieved here.

Undertale Yellow and Modded Slay the Spire.

I guess that would just be a Slay the Spire mod that adds Undertale Yellow events and enemies and lets you play as Clover.

Skyrim and Heroes of Might and Magic Dark Messiah. So, a fantasy RPG with Leonidas Kicks, random conveniently placed death traps, a stupid number of utterly broken exploits, and a decent character creator, running on Bethesda's Creation Engine?

Sounds fun.

Exogate Initiative and Stargate: Timekeepers

...which would result in a single, unified, actually good, Stargate game, rather than the feeling that something is missing from both of the games.

Exogate Initiative and Stargate: Timekeepers

...which would result in a single, unified, actually good, Stargate game, rather than the feeling that something is missing from both of the games.
This says a lot about what kind of game you were trying to find to me, but that doesn't mean I am not interested in that sort of game.

So, between the two of them which would you recommend more? Or are they both good?

Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts and Heroes of Might and Magic Dark Messiah. This is a tricky combo to sort out, as one is a ship design and naval warfare based grand strategy game, and the other is a first person RPG affectionately known as 'the adventures of Sir Kicksalot and the conveniently placed deathtraps'.

This says a lot about what kind of game you were trying to find to me, but that doesn't mean I am not interested in that sort of game.

So, between the two of them which would you recommend more? Or are they both good?

It depends more on what you want out of the game than anything else.

Exogate Initiative is a management sim in the style of Prison Architect or Project Hospital; you're running the base, hiring personnel, dealing with emergencies. But the titular object is where your influence stops. You don't go offworld, you just deal with the results and provide the support mechanisms.

Stargate: Timekeepers is a stealth (heavy on the stealth) tactical game in the style of the Commandos series, and works basically exactly the opposite, where your influence is limited solely to the offworld missions and stops...actually before the Stargate in or the Stargate out, a lot of the time. (It's actually kind of weird how little the Gate matters compared to the average SG-1 plot, which the game is clearly trying to ape.) Your SG Team of four or five people is extremely On Your Own. The rest of the SGC is kind of a footnote. And combat, while possible, is largely a failure state. The game's not really even designed for it; it doesn't have a functional cover system!

Part of my annoyance is that Timekeepers sold itself as being like Aliens: Dark Descent, which is much deeper on the concerns across missions and between missions as you have to manage your troops to keep from burning them out and manage your gear to keep from running out. I would have gladly settled for that, but I also would be really happy to have a Stargate game in the style of XCOM or Xenonauts; run the base, do the research, build the gear, run the missions, all of it.

Last edited:
Exogate Initiative is a management sim in the style of Prison Architect or Project Hospital; you're running the base, hiring personnel, dealing with emergencies. But the titular object is where your influence stops. You don't go offworld, you just deal with the results and provide the support mechanisms.
I think there's some multiple choice adventure decisions, based on my recollection of the demo?

I would have gladly settled for that, but I also would be really happy to have a Stargate game in the style of XCOM or Xenonauts; run the base, do the research, build the gear, run the missions, all of it.
... ah, so they literally would need to be entirely combined, and possibly have a combat system added on top of that, just to be the kind of game I would naturally assume that would be made about this topic.

Persona 5 and Hollow Knight. Tricky and full of spoilers.

So for a start the Knight is definitely going to be Morgana. And we need to get some connection between the City of Tears and Yaldabaoth's Tokyo. I'm really tempted to find a way to make the story post-apocalyptic and then fight our way back to reality, but that's very much in defiance of the whole Social Links core mechanic. Unless the rest of the cast are also survivors in fallen Tokyo?

Instead, Mementos takes the form of the vast underground cavern system rather than simple subways.

Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic and Magic: The Gathering Arena?

Hmm, I guess a planeswalker has discovered communism and has decided to have a try at building a communist economy/state by himself? Probably a lot easier with magic around.
White-Black deck for combining the community spirit and sharing ideal (white) with the rampant corruption (black)

White-Black deck for combining the community spirit and sharing ideal (white) with the rampant corruption (black)
Hmm, I was thinking White-Blue (or maybe White-Blue-Black), for full-on control. Besides, WR:SR doesn't really have corruption (it doesn't actually have money for internal economics at all), so while that might be appropriate for RL soviet republics, it's not quite for WR:SR. Black might be appropriate for ruthlessness, though.

Honkai Star Rail x What The Golf

...I could totally see HSR actually doing that for a minigame at some point.

Likely involving a catapult, a trash can and a comedic choice of targets.

Humorously, if you go back one on my 'last played' according to Steam, you get HSR x Trombone Champ which is even better

Back