Colliding Souls (Apocrypha style Grail War OOC/Interest check)

I guess the point we're trying to make is, Assassin could be anyone, and could well have been alive when Gilgamesh was.

And also, gimme Likes.

Please, everyone knows Gilgamesh and Enkidu were literally the only people who were important in that Era. Unless you count Hou Yi. Which is kinda plausible since Gilgamesh was all "yo all your shit belongs to me now" and then stole Hou Yi's bow and potion of immortality in the worlds first hit and run.

Unless it was the Sage, but Sage-San would only be familiar with Gil-Ko.

Please, everyone knows Gilgamesh and Enkidu were literally the only people who were important in that Era. Unless you count Hou Yi. Which is kinda plausible since Gilgamesh was all "yo all your shit belongs to me now" and then stole Hou Yi's bow and potion of immortality in the worlds first hit and run.

Actually, I think Hou Yi still comes slightly after Gilgamesh does.

Shamhat, Urshanabi, Utnapishtim, Atrahasis, just from a quick Google of the Epic.

Shamhat, Urshanabi, Utnapishtim, Atrahasis, just from a quick Google of the Epic.

"THE ONLY IMPORTANT FIGURE IN THE ERA!"

Because otherwise Nasu's assertions that Gilgamesh is the First would be wrong and lord knows we can't have that. Plus Shamhat is basically the equivalent of the barmaid your D&D character fucks while the party is preparing for adventure.

Last edited:
Because otherwise Nasu's assertions that Gilgamesh is the First would be wrong and lord knows we can't have that.

Headcanon Time.

Gilgamesh is the first Hero because he's the first person to be famous on that scale. Enkidu was then second, because Gilgamesh parading him around going 'SEE HIM! BE MORE LIKE HIM!' Other people then got famous by being involving in Gil's story, adding them after Enkidu.

This also means that any mythology that relies on 'First People' is easy to handwave in. Pandora, the first woman? Didn't become famous until after Gilgamesh did so. Adam and Eve? Didn't have enough fame to get to the Throne until then.

Gilgamesh gets to work well, less mythology breaking takes place, and everyone leaves happy.

Headcanon Time.

Gilgamesh is the first Hero because he's the first person to be famous on that scale. Enkidu was then second, because Gilgamesh parading him around going 'SEE HIM! BE MORE LIKE HIM!' Other people then got famous by being involving in Gil's story, adding them after Enkidu.

This also means that any mythology that relies on 'First People' is easy to handwave in. Pandora, the first woman? Didn't become famous until after Gilgamesh did so. Adam and Eve? Didn't have enough fame to get to the Throne until then.

Gilgamesh gets to work well, less mythology breaking takes place, and everyone leaves happy.

Liked.

Although one of these days I want to see a Grail War with Gilgamesh, and then have the Yellow Emperor show up and call him a youngster.

"We never make mistakes! Sometimes we're betrayed, sometimes we are failed by incompetent underlings, and sometimes our plans are undone by factors completely outside our control, but we never make mistakes!"

Acht Einzbern
So deliberately summoning Avenger wasn't a mistake? You meant to get a useless Servant who'd corrupt the Grail? I wonder what the reasoning behind that decision was... :p

"I'm sorry, mongrel, but who's still listed as older on Wikipedia?"

... Huh, turns out Gilgamesh is so unnoteworthy that it took until 2100 BC for anyone to bother writing about him. Though one could easily justify it since nobody can agree on the exact date between 2800 and 2500, so Imma say 2501 as opposed to the yellow emperors 2598. :p

Last edited:
It's been a while, hasn't it?

Sorry for not doing anything on this for a while. I just thought I'd give prior warning. My schedule is about to clear up a bit, so I'll be able to work on GMing this RP again soon. If anyone no longer wishes to participate, I'll arrange for you to be replaced

Also... I hate to say this, but using game mechanics was a mistake. I think that, in order to make it easier to run this RP, we should switch over to freeform. If everyone still wants to use the mechanics, I'll stick with that. If you don't mind freeform, though, then I'll have to ask that you edit your sheets in PM, and remove all the basic skills.

I'll let you decide amongst yourselves which you would prefer.

...Are...are you sure?

*takes another look at his sheet*

I mean I'm cool with it...but are you positive?

Yep.

Of course, all sheets will be critiques and kept balanced/within reason. You might just have a Saber with better Stats but worse skills, or worse at both except for Imperial Privilege.

I'm fine with either option. *shrugs*

I feel like instantly opting to use super strength to hurl rocks at Masters is something that can be broadly considered 'bad form.'
A good number of people involved in this RP have committed far worse violations of that recently.

It's very frustrating being the better man when your sense of fair play is not returned in kind.

A good number of people involved in this RP have committed far worse violations of that recently.

It's very frustrating being the better man when your sense of fair play is not returned in kind.
So in the same breath as you claim to be "the better man," you also pick "they started it" as your justification?

Well, whatever floats your boat, I guess. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :D

Back