How you want combat dice results shown during updates?

• First option, purely narrative

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Second option, show simple results

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Third option, show us all the numbahs!

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Fourth option, you choose it, youre the QM...

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[X] Kill this thing!
-[X] Kill it with Pixie Fire

Burn! Burn to our superior fire power!

Note, now is a good time to see if, say, elemental damage does more damage to certain creatures.

To borrow Pokémon terms, fire is super effective against bug types.

Let's not create a fairy centipede abomination plzzz D: ...

Guisee...we're better then this... pls. Guise

[X] Kill this thing!
-[X] With pixie fire!
[X] Try to create a new Fae inspired on this.
-[x] While they are bombarding, watch over the situation and see if we cant make a Fae similar to this...especially one that can ambush! those sharp pincers would surely be helpful to keep the Outsiders still as the pixies bombard them to oblivion!

The best of both twisted, beautiful worlds.

Let's wait a bit on killing the thing, it might give us some mana by staying inside.

[X] Kill this thing!
-[X] With pixie fire!

While increasing the number of available minion types is nice right now is a poor time to start experimenting with what little mana we have. We should probably use that mana to create some extra space that grows our mana. Killing the thing should give us a head start on that improving our growth curve a fair bit. Once we have some more reliable income we can experiment more.

Let's wait a bit on killing the thing, it might give us some mana by staying inside.

That only happens with sentient beings... The giant bug likely doesn't count.

[X]Have the pixies sing to the thing. Music is the universal language!
[X] Make a hole for the centipede to hide, so he would sleep and bring other creatures there.

[X] Annoy this thing!
-[X] Annoy it with bright lights and loud noises. Also fire.

Last edited:
[X] Kill this thing!
-[X] With pixie fire!
-[x] While they are bombarding, watch over the situation and see if we cant make a Fae similar to this...especially one that can ambush! those sharp pincers would surely be helpful to keep the Outsiders still as the pixies bombard them to oblivion!

Votes closed.
Adhoc vote count started by Metrux on Mar 10, 2018 at 12:32 PM, finished with 165 posts and 18 votes.

Awwww! I think it likes me!
Monday, Dungeon Date 01/01/0001

-------------------------------

Mana is needed and this thing is food! Kill it! Kill it with fire and extreme prejudice! At least you think so with glee, while your second pixie flies to the entrance. When the two are there, pixie fire starts in their hands... Even before it can be sent flying the thing is running, or scuttling, coming to you! The fire deals barely any damage even though both fairies hit it on the back, and the unexpected speed of the thing make you alarmed, even a little desperate, since your fairies can barely keep up. In the end, your dungeon is too small and he gets to your wall before the pixies can attack again, and this insectoid walks the wall without slowing down.

It gets close, so very close, and when it's right in fornt of you, you thinking that he will break your crystal... It stops. Your pixies, too, stop readying more fire. A blue window appear in front of your view, just like when you first chose your monster race. It reads:

??? wants to bind itself to your dungeon.
Do you accept?

-------------------------------

Mana Reserves: 0004

Votes
[] Yes, I want it!
-[] It is freely giving itself, so I trust in it. (Free Will)
-[] I trust it to not destroy me, but we need some rules! (Bind with contract rules)
--[] Which rules? (Write-in)
[] No, it must burn!
[] Yes and no are not the only options... (Write-in)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

So, sorry for the red herring as a vote last chapter xP To be fair I was still negotiating the first Soul Bound, and thus it could happen that the centipede wouldn't be it, but now you have a chance already :D

In other notes, in this chapter I got curious as to how I should display dice results during the update. The first option is doing like I did there, only telling the known results, which is realistic but don't give you much information. The second is I show in parts, as in (1 Damage from each Pixie). The third is a full on result show, as in [10x10; 9x8; 8x7; 4x5 = Two hits, one from each pixie]. So I'll leave this as a poll! Yey!

As always, thanks for reading, next chapter should be a little bigger and have the first SB POV :3

Last edited:
[x] Yes, I want it!
-[x] It is freely giving itself, so I trust in it. (Free Will)

if its willing to bind itself to us AFTER we attacked it then this should be fine.

. ...no....

I don't want this centipede creature....

I hate it.... beetles are cute. Spiders are adorbs. Other insects are shiny. Centipedes can burn! D:

[X] Yes, I want it!
-[X] It is freely giving itself, so I trust in it. (Free Will)
[x]Try to make a friend for it, a fairy based off of it!
[X]Have the pixies sing to it!

Last edited:
[X] Yes, I want it!
-[x] It is freely giving itself, so I trust in it. (Free Will)

To anyone thinking Centipedes suck, I have this to offer you:
Armored Centipede/MIllipedes carrying something like 3-4 pixies all able to focus their magics on blasting a sucker in half.

[X] Yes, I want it!
-[X] I trust it to not destroy me, but we need some rules! (Bind with contract rules)
--[X] 1) Never to harm the Dungeon.
--[X] 2) To obey instructions of intelligent members of the Dungeon except where it may interfere with 1
--[X] 3) To defend the Dungeon against intruders, save for when this may interfere with 1 or 2.

We're fae, so contract~

[X] Yes, I want it!
-[X] I trust it to not destroy me, but we need some rules! (Bind with contract rules)
--[X] 1) Never to harm the Dungeon.
--[X] 2) To obey instructions of intelligent members of the Dungeon except where it may interfere with 1
--[X] 3) To defend the Dungeon against intruders, save for when this may interfere with 1 or 2.

Yeah! Asimov's laws of robotics are famously known to be backfire proof. Let's do it.

Back