How you want combat dice results shown during updates?

• First option, purely narrative

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Second option, show simple results

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Third option, show us all the numbahs!

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Fourth option, you choose it, youre the QM...

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[X] Name: Arawn
[X] Go along with the plan
-[X] Send some elflings (between 3 to 5) to meele range when Scuttles get too damaged (less than 50% health), as a way to let him heal
-[X] If the core is being threatened, engage with all available elflings in meele range

Wolf tongue!
Monday, Dungeon Date 03/01/0001

-------------------------------

A big decision is made! Any creature with a soul will, henceforth, choose its own name! You make it known to your two companions, which nets some confusion since you are in the middle of a guests visit. Ooops! Yet, you observe the wolfs from your advantage point of... Everywhere and anywhere inside the dungeon. You think this kind of vision should be strange, but its simply too natural.

You ask Scuttles to block the small corridor to your core room, and watch the wolfs enter sniffing in the air, looking aprehensive from one side to another, yet they keep advancing, slowly and steady.

Your now named Arawn elfling is asked to speak with the wolves. He flies above them and says "I'm here as voice of the dungeon, what are your intentions?". Unfortunately, wolfs can't speak, they bark, look one another and start circling. You don't know what that means. The impasse lasts for several minutes, your commander paciently waiting for an answer that will not come, and the wolfs finally see he won't attack, thus they continue their exploration until the big room with the tree. The animals circle the tree sniffing at the air, but don't seem to find whatever called their atention. Arawn keeps flying above them, arms crossed and a bored expression, yet his eyes never leave the wolfs. The wolfs lie down under the tree and stay there.

Clearly things didn't happen as you thought they would, what should you do?

These filthy creatures don't like to wash, they smell like meat and wet fur in the sun. Yet, you follow the orders and try to enquire why they're here. They don't respond, and after a long while they ignore you and walk to the tree. Tch. If the dungeon wasn't so nice you would've killed them yourself for this disrespect.

This is boring, they are boring, you are bored... But you can't help but watch them, as diferent and filthy as they are, they make you curious. And you are also curious as to what the dungeon will want to do with them, clearly speaking didn't work, and the dungeon will always have another plan, right?

Scuttles stayed in it's hole, out of the wolfs vision. It was nice knowing where they were without having to look, and they were just a little after the hole when Arawn tried to speak. Scuttles felt a little aprehensive about meeting the new guy, what if he didn't like Scuttles??? Also, what if home decides the new guy is better than Scuttles? Scuttles couldn't live with it... But he was also somewhat hopeful, and curious, that this meeting would go nicely. Maybe after they eat the wolfs? Wolfs always had a good taste, soft meat...

Wolves ignored ya, though time.

Mana Reserves: 0003

What to do about the wolves?
[] Leave them be, they can live in the caves if they don't bring any problems.
-[] What's the next plan for growth?
--[] Keep waiting for the ants attack.
--[] Do something else. (Write-in)
[] Kill! Mana is good and they are no friends, friends don't ignore each other!
-[] What's the battle plan? (Write-in)
[] Try some diferent kind of communication.
-[] Maybe mimics?
-[] Maybe pixie magic?
-[] Maybe send someone to hug them?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, small chapter because your plans got really derailed and you probly need to change it xP It turns out normal wolves actually don't speak =O Thanks for reading x3

Last edited:
[X] Leave them be, they can live in the caves if they don't bring any problems.
-[X] Keep waiting for mana recovery.
-[X] Have two elflings keep watch on the wolves at any time, staying out of reach.

Well...free security guards. Next intruders would probably fight the wolves. Which saves on our investment

I wonder if they are getting ready to whelp- from what I understand, wolves usually stay on the move pretty constantly. Seeing a pup being birthed might given us a bit of a bonus to making them.

-[X] Maintain the current plan and wait for the ants. After all, the wolves and the ants are very unlikely to be one the same side making that fight easier.
-[X] Scuttles will probably have to hang out in the core room for a bit though. If it takes more than two days before the ants show up maybe it would be a good idea for Scuttles to try and see what happens when the wolves see him.

Wolves fighting ants is a win win for us since both sides should end up giving us mana when they die. And they would provide on the ground targets for the ants to target making it perhaps less likely for the ants to flee right away.

Last edited:
-[X] Have two elflings keep watch on the wolves at any time, staying out of reach.

-[X] Maintain the current plan and wait for the ants. After all, the wolves and the ants are very unlikely to be one the same side making that fight easier.
-[X] Scuttles will probably have to hang out in the core room for a bit though. If it takes more than two days before the ants show up maybe it would be a good idea for Scuttles to try and see what happens when the wolves see him.

Wolves fighting ants is a win win for us since both sides should end up giving us mana when they die. And they would provide on the ground targets for the ants to target making it perhaps less likely for the ants to flee right away.

Scuttle is behind the wolfs right now. It is in his hole in the first tunnel, he's closer to the exit than to the wolves. If you send him to the core room, he will pass right through the wolves.

Scuttle is behind the wolfs right now. It is in his hole in the first tunnel, he's closer to the exit than to the wolves. If you send him to the core room, he will pass right through the wolves.

Ok, I thought the hole was the corridor since the plan was supposed to put Scuttles guarding the core room.

-[X] Scuttles will probably have to stay still for a bit though. If it takes more than two days before the ants show up maybe it would be a good idea for Scuttles to try and see what happens when the wolves see him.

what? but...
You ask Scuttles to block the small corridor to your core room, and watch the wolfs enter sniffing in the air, looking aprehensive from one side to another, yet they keep advancing, slowly and steady.
doesn't this mean they are nowhere near the core room? also if they did get past him shouldn't scuttles have stopped them? I mean that was the plan...

-[X] Maintain the current plan and waitfor the ants. After all, the wolves and the ants are very unlikely to be one the same side making that fight easier.
-[X] Scuttles will probably have to staystill for a bit though. If it takes more than two days before the ants show up maybe it would be a good idea forScuttles to try and see what happenswhen the wolves see him.

Ok, I thought the hole was the corridor since the plan was supposed to put Scuttles guarding the core room.

-[X] Scuttles will probably have to stay still for a bit though. If it takes more than two days before the ants show up maybe it would be a good idea for Scuttles to try and see what happens when the wolves see him.

what? but...

doesn't this mean they are nowhere near the core room? also if they did get past him shouldn't scuttles have stopped them? I mean that was the plan...

That was your plan, but:
Scuttles is guarding the door. He'll climb out his hole to attack anyone who engages our defenses from behind.

Thus I defer to the player controlling the Soul Bound on his actions. It was sent after this update but before the votes closed, I saw it when I was writting the update.

That was your plan, but:

Thus I defer to the player controlling the Soul Bound on his actions. It was sent after this update but before the votes closed, I saw it when I was writting the update.
ahh kk :( just not going to bother voting now then, 0 point if one of the most crucial parts of our defense can be changed at will.

-[X] Scuttles will probably have to stay still for a bit though. If it takes more than two days before the ants show up maybe it would be a good idea forScuttles to try and see what happens when the wolves see him.

ahh kk :( just not going to bother voting now then, 0 point if one of the most crucial parts of our defense can be changed at will.

I knew this system of Soul Bound could be a problem, it's why I put the errors abound tag in the quest :3 But don't worry, if you keep around you have a chance to have a Soul Bound aswell, besides, you shouldn't rely solely on them, since they can't be directly controlled.

I knew this system of Soul Bound could be a problem, it's why I put the errors abound tag in the quest :3 But don't worry, if you keep around you have a chance to have a Soul Bound aswell, besides, you shouldn't rely solely on them, since they can't be directly controlled.
mmm.... I might but can you please remove all soulbounds from the plan lists then? What bothered me the most was that we could come up with a plan then at the very last possible second the main linchpin of the plan could be changed in an instant AFTER the vote was over... I figured if you did allow that you would call for a re-vote or something.

From my perspective (it does not matter what you say, I will always have this feeling now.) You basically changed what the wolves were originally going to do in response to the vote change to save us from being wiped out. To me right now, The quest is already over and we died, hit the game over screen, and then it went "Nope sorry LOLZ" *trollface* and then threw us back and this happened. It ruins the fun in some of the worst ways.

Well I try to phrase my plans as asking the Soulbound to do something and leaving in some space for choice... But @Metrux could you maybe make it a bit clearer in updates that the soulbound is not doing what is ordered? Because in this update you note that we ask Scuttles to guard the corridor... But that Scuttles decides not to do so isn't all that clear.

mmm.... I might but can you please remove all soulbounds from the plan lists then? What bothered me the most was that we could come up with a plan then at the very last possible second the main linchpin of the plan could be changed in an instant AFTER the vote was over... I figured if you did allow that you would call for a re-vote or something.

From my perspective (it does not matter what you say, I will always have this feeling now.) You basically changed what the wolves were originally going to do in response to the vote change to save us from being wiped out. To me right now, The quest is already over and we died, hit the game over screen, and then it went "Nope sorry LOLZ" *trollface* and then threw us back and this happened. It ruins the fun in some of the worst ways.

Actually wolfs can't feel your crystal or mana at all, so they never noticed they are in a dungeon. If you leave them be, there is the chance that they can come to the core and kill you, but these are not magical creatures in any fashion. If it were giant insects, daughters of the broodmother or a magical species, then you would've gotten a fight, but not necessarily die, since the wolfs are in the same room as your troops, all your pixies and elfling are right there on the tree, as per the plan, and if the wolfs advanced to the core room they would've attacked, if not by themselves, by your new commander orders. And no, I can't get the votes for soulbounds out of the vote, because I can't simply hold a lenghty conversation with every soulbound player for what he will do during the update, what they do follow first what the player stated, secondly what the plan stated, and thirdly their customs.

I know you're feeling kinda cheated, but you can't think of Soul Bounds as the same as your other units. They are, for all intents and merits, allies instead of servants: they can choose to go along or not, but they are still on your side. Also, with the new leadership bonus and numbers of elflings, a line of wasps will hold more than Scuttles.

Well I try to phrase my plans as asking the Soulbound to do something and leaving in some space for choice... But @Metrux could you maybe make it a bit clearer in updates that the soulbound is not doing what is ordered? Because in this update you note that we ask Scuttles to guard the corridor... But that Scuttles decides not to do so isn't all that clear.

I was rereading and you're right, it isn't well written. I'll try to get it clearer for next time, although I'm not much of writter so I hope you people can be comprehensive =X

Also, this kinds of tie you people to better remembering each Soul Bound, what they like or don't like to do and how often they follow instructions, so you can better prepare plans.

Ohh, just one last thing: the wolfs are really not enough to beat you as you are. Without both soulbounds you would still be good to kill them all in this room without any losses, I didn't want to say that before because it's kinda spoilerish, but these wolfs are no threat to you. There are things in the region that can beat you ten times over, but common animals are not them.

A note: Wolves that seem to be smiling? Aren't usually smiling - that's usually "baring their teeth", a display of aggression. (It could also be a variant on panting, of course...)

So, votes closed.
Adhoc vote count started by Metrux on Mar 19, 2018 at 11:16 AM, finished with 375 posts and 9 votes.

• [X] Leave them be, they can live in the caves if they don't bring any problems.

Back