Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, could we please not, @Susano, everybody else? It's not even particularly good spam, and we've got a case coming up in the next week or so.

Wait, what, and when does that come down the pipe? I need new tribunals to read and learn from.

Not sure, but it's probably started already. Unless Alathon just says, "Eh, I accept it" or something. Even then there'd probably be debating/etc.

I actually have thoughts, having been in the thread that caused it, but I'm not sure whether that would be viewed as premature. But I actually know what the basics of the case are. Or at least the straw that broke the camel's back.

Wait, what, and when does that come down the pipe? I need new tribunals to read and learn from.

Staff v Athalon. Ford had enough of his shit for trying standard rightwing "I'm not threatening you, but you're not as anon as you think and should totally think before standing against the right" not-quite threats in a thread. It just went into the pipe this morning.

Not sure, but it's probably started already. Unless Alathon just says, "Eh, I accept it" or something. Even then there'd probably be debating/etc.

I actually have thoughts, having been in the thread that caused it, but I'm not sure whether that would be viewed as premature. But I actually know what the basics of the case are. Or at least the straw that broke the camel's back.

It's a perma, judging by Ford's wording, so it has to come through the pipe.

Staff v Athalon. Ford had enough of his shit for trying standard rightwing "I'm not threatening you, but you're not as anon as you think and should totally think before standing against the right" not-quite threats in a thread. It just went into the pipe this morning.

It's a perma, judging by Ford's wording, so it has to come through the pipe.

Hrm, when I first looked at it, it seemed like it might be an overreaction, in the context of the thread, though I haven't interacted with Alathon that much. But what stuck in my mind was that this was in relation to a discussion of GG.

GG, which has been known to harrass people online, doxing them and etc, etc. So saying, "You're not willing to put your name out there because you're afraid" comes off as a threat that if you did "put your name to your policy" he'd proceed to have people harass them. Like, it takes a bit of a more serious context when put into the frame of GG, a movement he thinks is great/stopped the leftists, but which undeniably engaged in internet harassment (literally all they deny is that what they were doing *was* harassment, or say that the other side is worse). And his reaction is, "You should put your name out there for me or you're a dirty coward."[1]

[1] This is combined with the fact that SV, being pseudonymous, doesn't require people to somehow verify and reveal their identity just to win points in some internet debate in which they talk about their life experiences. Because it'd be shitty and stupid to say otherwise. "You know, as a person from Missouri" I say--

"Prove you're from Missouri and tell me your name and address or you're a lying coward," Johnny Shitposter says.

Last edited:
Information: Actually
actually Permaban proceedings that are not appealed are not made public. The Council still provides their input, but it gets archived rather than publicized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back