Wyvern - Worm AU fanfic

Come on people, nobody replied to this yet.
Can't be on the forums 24/7, lol

But still, nice chapter. Prude!Taylor is kinda dorky/cute. First fic I see where Amy might decide to confess her crush to Sarah.

Curious as to who Inago is (is making him/her batshit crazy just a way to avoid characterization, lol?). The name doesn't immediately ring any bells. I look forward to seeing what will happen now that Vicky just taunted/insulted Murphy before her patrol with Taylor.

I don't know where I read this and I don't know if Ack ever said anything about it, but is this a fic where Taylor has a variation of the Escalation shard and Kenta/NotQuite!Lung has Queenie?

Curious as to who Inago is (is making him/her batshit crazy just a way to avoid characterization, lol?). The name doesn't immediately ring any bells. I look forward to seeing what will happen now that Vicky just taunted/insulted Murphy before her patrol with Taylor.

I don't know where I read this and I don't know if Ack ever said anything about it, but is this a fic where Taylor has a variation of the Escalation shard and Kenta/NotQuite!Lung has Queenie?
Look through the comments. Inago is the Japanese term for "locust." Kenta does indeed have the Admin shard. Both of these were confirmed several updates ago.

So I kind of want to see how Vista reacts to dragon Taylor. It should be interesting, its just to bad she goes to a different school.

I also think Glory Girl just wants Taylor to kidnap her so she can be rescued by Gallant just like a real princess.

The fuck is wrong with society that a 15 yr old girl not wanting to flash her tits at people accidentally or parade herself around in underwear is considered 'prude'.
I AGREE. If I may be so asinine, I'd like to point out that our society has been desensitized to uninhibited and less than conservative activity from today's youth. The most egregious fucking travesty being "Miley Cyrus."

Every generation thinks this. They all want to forget that they did similar stuff just as often.
You're not exactly wrong. Every generation does think that (I'm fairly certain that even a few hundred years ago people considered Miley Cyrus to be an egregious fucking travesty, even if that wasn't your point).

But while each generation does 'similar' things, they're only similar in how they seem to the generations, not specifically what people do. Every generation had its desenitization, but what they got desensitised to was something different for each generation. And, personally, I'd rather not be the generation that became desensitised to teenage exhibitionism. Because once underwear is all that's being worn, there's not a whole lot else to lose, and a lot of 'fashionable' clothing I see these days tends to be just that.

So!

How's about that Wyvern!

Really though, I half expect that whatever PHO discussion about her and whatever this little outing brings will be derailed into arguments over what constitutes a 'real' dragon or wyvern, whether or not Dragon should relinquish the name, and other random nonsense.

... kind of like this thread did.

Hey, Ack, I've had a brilliant idea to save you a bunch of work: Copy the derail into a PHO post! Wait... don't do that, that'll make that argument on-topic. Ack! As in Ack the name, not the exclamation. Don't copy that derail into a PHO post!

You're not exactly wrong. Every generation does think that (I'm fairly certain that even a few hundred years ago people considered Miley Cyrus to be an egregious fucking travesty, even if that wasn't your point).

But while each generation does 'similar' things, they're only similar in how they seem to the generations, not specifically what people do. Every generation had its desenitization, but what they got desensitised to was something different for each generation. And, personally, I'd rather not be the generation that became desensitised to teenage exhibitionism. Because once underwear is all that's being worn, there's not a whole lot else to lose, and a lot of 'fashionable' clothing I see these days tends to be just that.

So!

How's about that Wyvern!

Really though, I half expect that whatever PHO discussion about her and whatever this little outing brings will be derailed into arguments over what constitutes a 'real' dragon or wyvern, whether or not Dragon should relinquish the name, and other random nonsense.

... kind of like this thread did.

Hey, Ack, I've had a brilliant idea to save you a bunch of work: Copy the derail into a PHO post! Wait... don't do that, that'll make that argument on-topic. Ack! As in Ack the name, not the exclamation. Don't copy that derail into a PHO post!
The cycle continues, another rotation added to the never deviating spiral that is called human behavior. Nothing new appears under the light of the sun.

Honestly using the Debate would be a good idea. It would not, however, drag it back into the derail discussion.

The cycle continues, another rotation added to the never deviating spiral that is called human behavior. Nothing new appears under the light of the sun.
PERPETUANCE. AGREEMENT. DESTINATION. AGREE-WAIT WHAT IS WITH THAT ONE'S HAIR NO NOT THERE TOO WEIRD. AGREEMENT. (And now I'm stuck with the mental image of the Entities trying to figure out what the hell is up with pop music. Thanks a lot, you guys.)

Besides, I'm pretty sure a PHO thread would inevitably devolve into jokes about "hide your gold and maidens lololol." (Followed by someone making a mean comment about Glory Girl obviously being safe and then a big ol' flame war.)

PERPETUANCE. AGREEMENT. DESTINATION. AGREE-WAIT WHAT IS WITH THAT ONE'S HAIR NO NOT THERE TOO WEIRD. AGREEMENT. (And now I'm stuck with the mental image of the Entities trying to figure out what the hell is up with pop music. Thanks a lot, you guys.)

Besides, I'm pretty sure a PHO thread would inevitably devolve into jokes about "hide your gold and maidens lololol." (Followed by someone making a mean comment about Glory Girl obviously being safe and then a big ol' flame war.)
The running joke will be "Have you seen how hard Glory Girl can hit? Someone's gonna have to save the dragon from the princess!" :p

I dunno, i suspect something along the lines of 'the queen of collateral damage and her steel-melting pet dragon'

She's canonically willfully ignorant of what her level of strength can do, which leads to the conclusion that she more than likely messes stuff up from time to time, especially when she gets tunnel vision.

Memetics/flanderization, much like 'skitter is a munchkin'. Vicky didnt do all that much collateral in canon, and skitter tended to think on her feet rather than specifically sit down and figure how to maximize her power. Doesnt stop people from saying or believing it.

Baring in mind, my post was satire. It is a valid alternative character in interpretation though if one wants to go that way, she certanly didnt come off as someone who would care a great deal. It is especially good when played for laughs (or tears, but i cant say ive ever seen anyone do that)

Last edited:
Her first two appearances were throwing a dumpster at an E88 mook and then the bank scene, IIRC. Later on in fights she didn't get a lot of focus, so that sort of set the tone.

I think they were supposed to be outliers or cases where she was really worried about Panacea, and Wildbow I think said that the dumpster thing was partially him not realizing that would instantly kill a standard human if it hit.

Back