Welcome to Japari Park! - Kemono Friends discussion thread

I believe that inbetween the mobile game and season 1 a Giant cerulian forced everyone to flee, after bombing it failed to stop it.

I believe that inbetween the mobile game and season 1 a Giant cerulian forced everyone to flee, after bombing it failed to stop it.

I'm wondering if it's actually the other way around, since there were 4 tablets keeping a lid on the black sandstar. I'm wondering if there was a lot of international politics involved resulting in the island being unwittingly bombed for the "safety of humanity", likely ignoring Mirai and the advice of the other scientists because world governments do that all the time. The explosions probably disturbed the volcano and the 4 seals and caused it to erupt with enough force that it spread sandstar all over the world causing a global outbreak of Ceruleans that lead to the extinction of humanity. With the world governments falling into chaos and not enough people knowing about the power of the Friends or perhaps even trying to kill them out of fear, the Friends likely retreated into the wilderness while the Ceruleans wiped out most of the human population.

Now Kaban's pure and noble heart is the only thing that can bring the humans and the Friends together to fight against the Ceruleans again and save the planet.

Also I find the idea of the entire world being populated by Lucky Beasts to be incredibly hilarious and endearing. Like it was Mirai and co's final gift to the Friends that they loved and cared for so much.

Last edited:
WHAT IN THE FUCK HAPPENED IN JAPARI PARK???

Well, perhaps tangentially related and I will admit to not having watched the series yet, but some of the derivative manga and doujin (the wholesome kind) is downright adorable.

As for why there might have been a mass bombing... one of the doujins is a Shin Godzilla crossover. With, yes, shin-goji-chan. It's drawn by one Kishida Shiki and can be found on pixiv or, translated, on the usual places.

The art quickly goes from 'decent' to 'damn good' and it's just so goddam cute.

Well, perhaps tangentially related and I will admit to not having watched the series yet, but some of the derivative manga and doujin (the wholesome kind) is downright adorable.

As for why there might have been a mass bombing... one of the doujins is a Shin Godzilla crossover. With, yes, shin-goji-chan. It's drawn by one Kishida Shiki and can be found on pixiv or, translated, on the usual places.

The art quickly goes from 'decent' to 'damn good' and it's just so goddam cute.

I KNOW RIGHT!!!:D:D:D
Too bad it hasn't seen an update for the last 4 months.:(

Also if anyone is interested there is an unofficial fan sequel to the anime called 13 + iwa "Unabara" that takes place right where episode 12 leaves off. It is a manga adaptation written by the artist Quick Wiper that is very close to the original anime's tone and feel. Definitely worth checking out. I believe he/she has also made some side stories to the main anime too.

The manga is pretty good for a fanwork, as it builds upon the world with the existence of underwater sandstar volcanoes that turn aquatic life into friends. The author actually puts in footnotes for what music of the OST you're supposed to listen to while reading the doujin.

There is also a prequel doujin made by him/her that explains Arai and Fennec's relationship. Definitely worth the read as it fleshes out their character A LOT! It also makes the Hunters much more badass than I thought as they actually travel around the entire park fighting Ceruleans.

BTW is there anywhere I can read shingoji-chan? I tried looking on danbooru but a lot of the images are broken.

EDIT: Managed to read some of it. Great read. Only in Kemono Friends do we get to see Godzilla get her ass beat by a bear. Unfortunately the images are 404ing on danbooru so I can't read much of it at all... :(

Last edited:
EDIT: Managed to read some of it. Great read. Only in Kemono Friends do we get to see Godzilla get her ass beat by a bear. Unfortunately the images are 404ing on danbooru so I can't read much of it at all... :(
I have that too, but when you ask for the picture in its original size it should still be viewable.

I have that too, but when you ask for the picture in its original size it should still be viewable.

The older chapters still 404 even in original size for some pages.

So more of an update on Quick Wiper's series. It seems that he/she plans on making 11 additional "episodes" for season 2 since Booru seems to have links up to "24 + iwa".

Also the artist wrote a prequel to the anime regarding Arai and Fennec. I know I talked about it before but I actually recommend reading it because it heavily recontextualizes the relationship between Arai and Fennec that will not only change the way you look at their relationship in the anime but also in the sequel works.

Yes, CR now has the anime adaption of the original game on the service. I think they're up to episode 6 right now, with new episodes coming at the start and midpoint of each month.

Speaking of Kemono Friends games, the Picross game doesn't limit itself to Friends that showed up in the anime.

Yes, CR now has the anime adaption of the original game on the service. I think they're up to episode 6 right now, with new episodes coming at the start and midpoint of each month.

Speaking of Kemono Friends games, the Picross game doesn't limit itself to Friends that showed up in the anime.

Wait there's an adaptation of the original game?

So, we have the core staff, the basic plot, and the major cast. The only thing I'm not seeing is... Kaban in the cast list.

I'm not sure I'm liking where this is going.

So, we have the core staff, the basic plot, and the major cast. The only thing I'm not seeing is... Kaban in the cast list.

I'm not sure I'm liking where this is going.

From what I heard, Kaban is an original character made by Yaoyorozu Studio, so it's likely that Kadokawa doesn't have the rights to that character.

So this is kinda lame... it's essentially just a reboot of the franchise made possibly as a cash grab... I'll hold my reservations until the show comes out but the spin-off series did not leave a good impression on me which makes me uneasy about the sequel coming.

If you want a sequel then just check out Quick Wiper's doujinshi continuation of the series it's very good.

Last edited:
Possibly? I don't get that reference.
Super Mario RPG. Square worked with Nintendo on the project and created a diverse blend of fun and unique characters, such as party members Mallow, the cloud guy who thinks he's a frog; and Geno, the star spirit possessing a doll. But then Square later broke their longtime partnership with Nintendo to work on the PlayStation with Sony. So while later Mario roleplaying games drew on the overall feel of the past game, none of the non-Mario characters could be brought back since Square Enix still has rights to them.

Last edited:
And from the other direction, Square Enix can't really use them because they're too well tied in to the Mario side of things. Hence my comparison.

(Also, it was Square that helped make Super Mario RPG; they wouldn't merge with Enix and form Square Enix until 2003.)

So, apparently the animation in the anime wasn't quite as bad as we thought? Either that, or this is a BS justification for animation errors.

Eh, who cares the reason, it's still interesting.

Back