Virtual Quest [ON HIATUS]

I see an Extinguish Flame spell in our spell list. It's weak, but presumably we'll get much better versions as we level up Fire magic.

and wow there are a lot of spells we're probably never going to cast. Why are there three separate crappy illusion spells?
Because those are the leveling spells. Where we should have used to grind our Illusion skills into the non crappy version.

But leveling lowers the magic cost, which means players are going to pick one crappy spell and spam it. The others will all almost never get used.
Actually it would be like this I imagine

At low levels you go into a pattern of (lvl skill 3 times)(Lvl up spell 5 times) (Lvl Skill 3-5 times) (Lvl up new spell 5 times)(Lvl Skill 3-5 times)

The reason why this works is that you can level up and gain more SXP to supplement a skill or spell. So initially your primary leveling skill would be changed constantly. Especially since higher level spells are both more effective and give more (lot's more) skill exp.

Furthermore using skills AFAIK does not upgrade your main level. Which necessitates a variety of spells for what you are trying to level and what specifically you need to do.

Also there's a reason why Zen said we break the system, since our Real Level Up should have been used to supplement our skills, but Etna just gained an incredible amount of stuff through Omake's and art.

TITLES:
< Novice Illusionist > | 1% Illusion XP gain when equipped.
< Novice Shapeshifter > | 1% Shapeshifting XP gain when equipped.
< Novice Firestarter > | 1% Fire XP gain when equipped.

Can we just keep switching the Titles to gain XP?

TITLES:
< Novice Illusionist > | 1% Illusion XP gain when equipped.
< Novice Shapeshifter > | 1% Shapeshifting XP gain when equipped.
< Novice Firestarter > | 1% Fire XP gain when equipped.

Can we just keep switching the Titles to gain XP?
yup. Although you need to vote for it

Maybe it could be an automatic action?
How long does it take to change titles?
If it takes no time, we could just change titles to whatever spell we're casting whenever we cast a spell.
Last I heard from Zen (or rather one of her post on the quest) Titles along with the EXP distribution can be changed anytime between updates (in that you have to specify if you're changing it and in what order you're doing it. ) That said you should be able to have a vote that says

[] On quest A use title 1
-[] Use title 2 for grinding SKill A

and continously change titles throughout the update

Also at Zen, but what is the name of the console that the players would be using. And the history of it.

I need it for another Omake

[BEgging Pikachu.jpg that I don't have]

Also at Zen, but what is the name of the console that the players would be using. And the history of it.

I need it for another Omake

[BEgging Pikachu.jpg that I don't have]
Probably something that doesn't exist. Just make something up.
It'll mean she doesn't have to do it.

Preview

AKA the Omake That Zen would want to be canon compared to the other one (s).

In the land of the video game nerds, there are laments and cries of the torturous wait between updates. And behind the doors of studio designers the hair breaking rush to make more content faster and better as time and investor start breathing down their necks. A bitter cycle as human manpower simply cannot cope up to the demand even with increasingly better technology.

And over the years numerous solutions ranging from crowd sourcing development, all the way to fully autonomous content were tossed out, attempted and subsequently failed in a cycle of hope and crushing despair.

However said pattern was broken last Friday when Eternity Incorporated unveiled a masterpiece. Using state of the art AI technology, they purportedly created a game, Otherworld Online, that will generate it's own content and even has limited functionality change to the game itself as more people play it, all done through advance Artificial Intelligence.

When questioned about the cost of the project, and in particular the nature of how CEO Zen Vulpix was able to gain the funds for the company's pilot project where so many others have failed, she had this to say.

"In the end, Otherworld Online is meant to be the pinnacle of Fantasy games. So long as our head start is substantial enough, no similar AI generator would be able to out pace the level of complexity a year's worth of time and advantage would give. This was enough to convince most of my investors."

Also when asked about her confidence in actually being able to draw players in, Miss, Vulpix said

"Otherworld is meant to be a total divorce from reality. It's whole concept revolves around the idea that there is a world out there that is one hundred percent real and in no way bound to the stifling conformity of society. And mark my words in three months every one will forget that Otherworld is merely a game"

PS: Fun fact, This wasn't the Omake I wanted to write, it just was the easiest since I needed more information for Omake's 1 and 2

Why am I getting an SAO vibe off of this?
It's not like that's going to happen. WoGM said it. Somewhere.
If you meta it Log Horizon and SAO vibes would pop up

If you don't meta it, the nature of Otherworld online is to have what amounts to a near fully reproducible and near indistinguishable fantasy world courtesy of self improving AI. You should literally not be able to tell the difference between reality and Fiction because every additional interaction improves any given AI (and AI as a whole) as they start mimicing humans thought processes.

Like Etna

Also I wasn't joking in that Zen would probably prefer this to the next one. It's just snappy dialog is soooooo hard to write and I'm stumped

:'(

What's Log Horizon? Be shattered. Be shattered, shattered, shattered, and vanish.
:jackiechan:

Log horizon is SAO peer but more focussed on the extraneous stuff (Background, npc's, faction dynamic, plot) than SAO.

I highly recommend it over SAO (For anything not related to the fight scenes)

(Background, npc's, faction dynamic, plot)
I highly recommend it over SAO (For anything not related to the fight scenes)
The main protagonist then deals with stuff like Making a government, blackmailing every player in the city and etc
NPC issues? I wonder... can I invisitext a spoiler?
And why would he/she need to blackmail people?
Stuff goes here. (METAFALICA, etc.)
Nope.

The answer to your question is a little like this.
People were rioting and some people were killing others for the lulz. Then there were the NPCs who became sentient normal folks but they had only one life while the gamers were functionally immortal, and as there wasn't really any laws, there was total anarchy.
So the entire thing was going to go up in flames when the main protagonist came in and fixed it.

Because of [REDACTED] and [SPOILERS] and [MORE SPOILERS]

Seriously go read/watch it
No. I can't do that. For Diverse Effect:
I am too busy refreshing the Quests page, looking for new posts.
Also, rewatching Nichijou. Best anime. :V

Yes, he just suplexed a deer.
Infelious Rhaplanca

Last edited:

And here's Etna sleeping on a pillow. This is a blown-up version of one feature on the mockup PC game cover I did, which I may convert this into a better version of that and not post the mockup. Opinions?

EDIT: You didn't see anything. NOBODY SAW I FORGOT TO GIVE ETNA HER WHITE COLOR OR A BACKGROUND.

Last edited:
Back