> INPUT NPC NAME:
[X] Kon-Kon
> SELECT NPC GENDER:
[X] Yes
> INPUT NPC APPEARANCE - FUR/EYE COLORS WILL CORRESPOND TO LATER HUMAN FORM
[X]
> SELECT STARTING LOCATION
[X] KITSUNE STARTING AREA, SPIRIT REALM
> DETAIL PERSONALITY TYPE - MORE DETAIL IS PREFERRED. WARNING! AT HIGH A.I. LEVELS, NPC PERSONALITY MAY CHANGE OVER TIME!
[X] Kon-Kon is a Trickster Spirit and likes to make people wonder. Kon-Kon often hides Kon-Kon's identity to maximise confusion and surprise amongst victims. Unauthorised touching of Kon-Kon gets answered with immediate lasers attacks, a remnant of growing up with even more tricksy siblings where that was the best response. Kon-Kon likes simple foods like fried tofu and fresh livers. Getting wet is not nice, which is why Kon-Kon only bathes when neccesary such as right before trickery is needed.

Writing all of that without using pronouns was difficult, but neccesary. There were so many submissions I had not choice but to enter my own. Also so that we could get a proper fox image in.

[X] Aded Verli
[X] FEMALE
[X]
[X] Aded does not care what other people think and feel about her. She looks like the quiet and cool type whenever she isn't doing something but she wears her emotions on her sleeves once she gets moving. In both states she completely disregards other people's emotions. She is unnecessarily blunt and completely honest even in the most inopportunate times and does not pay attention to the world around her once she focuses on doing one specific task. At first glance this would seem to be done out of malice but further examination will reveal that Aded isn't really malicious, she's just clueless. Her social ineptitude has lead to her being unable to pickup vocal and visual cues thus ensuring that she never knows when telling the truth isn't advisable and when someone is obviously being sarcastic. She tries her best to understand the people around her and that includes sincerely helping all walks of life that needs it but they usually do a full 180 whenever she opens her mouth. It doesn't bother her of course, it's just another step to greater understanding.

I am saddened by the fact that few seems to want an actual personality instead of a shtick/gag. And that most of those that do just went with a stereotypical kitsune personality from mythology.

Last edited:
I don't believe in having a fully defined personality when we've just been created by the god of this world. I mean, we've just came to be - we didn't exist before.

Besides, creating a personality from the get-go is inefficient in my eyes. Things like personality is better initiated with a few traits while the rest of the details get ironed out as the story goes on.

Although that does increase the chances of Eito.

I don't believe in having a fully defined personality when we've just been created by the god of this world. I mean, we've just came to be - we didn't exist before.
I am imagining that we were created with a basic personality.
Which is why I didn't bother with a in-depth profile, with all the stuff I think would be hilarious to do, cause we wouldn't have thought of that yet.
So I went Disgaea, put in some fun traits, and we can build organically from a fun starting point.

Which is why I didn't bother with a in-depth profile, with all the stuff I think would be hilarious to do, cause we wouldn't have thought of that yet.
So I went Disgaea, put in some fun traits, and we can build organically from a fun starting point.

Yes, that's righ- OH MY GOD WHAT'S WITH THAT ILYA?! SHE'S STARING THROUGH ME! RIGHT THROUGH ME! OH GOD MAKE IT STOP!

@Zen

We know what happens to the advanced A.I when they get killed. But, what about the other A.I.s? Destruction? Respawn? Something else?

@Zen

We know what happens to the advanced A.I when they get killed. But, what about the other A.I.s? Destruction? Respawn? Something else?
A slower respawn, at their set level. So a lvl 5 Slime, when killed, will respawn at the same point a while later, lvl 5 again. There are also unique boss monsters that won't respawn when killed, which are usually fixed to major quests.

> INPUT NPC NAME:
[X] Dances-among-willow-branches-as-the-sun-sets-and-a-cool-breeze-comes-in-off-the-ocean-while-the-cicadas-chirp-in-the-background
-[X] Dan for short
> SELECT NPC GENDER:
[X] Male
[X]

> DETAIL PERSONALITY TYPE - MORE DETAIL IS PREFERRED. WARNING! AT HIGH A.I. LEVELS, NPC PERSONALITY MAY CHANGE OVER TIME!
[X] Layers upon layers of deception, fun-loving whimsical prankster is useful for concealing the cold inhuman merciless scheming underneath. Which doesn't mean the prankster is a "mask" or otherwise fake, but rather that there are stronger deeper motivations than "for the lulz" laying beneath. Besides, a fool can get away with things no one else can and can conceal ulterior motives with ease.
-[X] Ultimately desires to rule, the world. Being the open ruler or the shadow ruler is acceptable, but optimally would supplant the game-engine AI.
-[X]Is addicted to ferreting out secrets and enjoys acting as an information broker.
-[X] on the other hand enjoys being a story teller and coming up with long detailed yarns and "rumors"
-[X] a perfectionist, constantly stretching the bounds of what illusions can accomplish. Particularly in this virtual world where the boundary between reality and the perception of reality is already naturally worn thin. Not just "I fooled you" illusions but also things like "an intelligent illusion is a nigh unstoppable spy", communication illusions, and various AR effects, and the ultimate illusion: tricking the game-engine AI itself.
-[X] a hoarder of things that might eventually prove useful, sellable, or useful for pranks. Like that unusually shiny rock. Or unobtrusively collecting a little drop of blood from others whenever circumstances permit in the hope that it will be useful for magic.
-[X] likes looking the ocean, hates beaches and swimming in saltwater. Fluffy tails have their downsides
-[X] vain about looks, including the skill of disguises.
-[X] favorite food is fox liver. Not kitsune, real fox force-fed spirit-wine for days until it dies of alcohol poisoning.
-[X] Asexual by nature but willing to fake it for pranks or schemes

Not a fan of the name in either formulation, but I have to support that personality. Manipulative schemers with acting ability and false personas are just good fun. Plus SV seems even more prone to female characters than SB. I know these things come in waves, but the female trend has lasted too long lately with far too much saturation. It's rare to find a quest with a male MC if a gender choice is given.

[X] mastigos

Last edited:
> INPUT NPC NAME: [X] Seiko
> SELECT NPC GENDER: [X] None
[X] Blue eyes and Blond hair or fur

[X] > SELECT STARTING LOCATION
[X] Seiko has Multiple Personality Disorder, this could make him/her/it, confuse, because they can't tell if they're individual or just one fox with other soul/mind/connection to something.
For all we know, its just bunch people controling our action from another reality. Hahaha, yeah right.

[X] We can be happy in the face of danger, sad because we ran out of targets, bored because WE ARE BORED, emotionless because we feel like it, acting as weird to unnerve people and random choices to pick something else. Like we feel the need to taunt, because your a sadistic person.

[X] We have Sadistic Personality which means:
A. We want to be good, but it feels too great to stop.
B. We are in control of our personality, not it.
C. Screw it, we can do whatever the hell we want.
D. All the above.
E. Something else.
F. Oh, sorry this is not my fault.

[X] We can be conflicted by our choice that so obviously the right choice. Wait, why i'm covered in bloo-OH CAKE!!! Hmm, oh right the blood, okay whose is this? Hey, i'm talking to one of you guys.

[X] We are naive? Wait, oh its my turn to play, Yay! ~hour later~ Thanks for money. Idiot lucky i'm more forgiving than the others.

[X] We aren't lying, look sir we'll-LOOK OUT Later sucker!

[X] We don't know? ~shrugs~
Write-in personality or whatever we feel.

Sorry about the photo, i'm on my phone.

Last edited:
Besides, creating a personality from the get-go is inefficient in my eyes. Things like personality is better initiated with a few traits while the rest of the details get ironed out as the story goes on.

Although that does increase the chances of Eito.
Yeah see... that's all well and good ... but Zen specifically requested otherwise
DETAIL PERSONALITY TYPE - MORE DETAIL IS PREFERRED.
Probably because 90% of the subtleties of the characterization and personality of a quest PC comes from the actual text of the quest, instead of the votes. In other words, from the author. So if Zen asks for help with this crucial component to the quest, HELP THE AUTHOR WANT TO KEEP WRITING.

As a side note, if a strong personality is not well established in the beginning and instead left to players then quest PC personalities almost always spiral down into the special hell I know as "shounen protagonist" who is always a perfect friend, dates every female but never commits, blunders through the plot because because they're too busy with nakama to go out and gather information, alternates between diplomat and ruthless killer for no clearly defined reasons, and has an incredibly fucked up set of priorities

and has an incredibly fucked up set of priorities
As a Zen-quest, this one is already guaranteed, there's no reason to add it. :cool:

Edit: OKAY, bedtime for all good little foxes. Votes will lock in, uh. Wow, 9 hours? Yeah, 9 AM GMT. I'll post when it's locked, if I can get online by that time.

@Nanimani
You earned a bonus starting stat point earlier! Pick whichever stat to add it to, and I'll update it in the morning. Night, y'all.

Last edited:
[X] Weed
[X] MALE
[X]
[X] LITTLE BARK TOWN {EUROPEAN-STYLE BEGINNER TOWN, CENTRAL CONTINENT }

nobody expects a Kitsune in Medieval-land.

[X] Outwardly a charming, helpful young-man. Inwardly a scheming manipulator bent on reaching the top. So basically Yu Narukami.

Last edited:
Yeah see... that's all well and good ... but Zen specifically requested otherwise

Probably because 90% of the subtleties of the characterization and personality of a quest PC comes from the actual text of the quest, instead of the votes. In other words, from the author. So if Zen asks for help with this crucial component to the quest, HELP THE AUTHOR WANT TO KEEP WRITING.

As a side note, if a strong personality is not well established in the beginning and instead left to players then quest PC personalities almost always spiral down into the special hell I know as "shounen protagonist" who is always a perfect friend, dates every female but never commits, blunders through the plot because because they're too busy with nakama to go out and gather information, alternates between diplomat and ruthless killer for no clearly defined reasons, and has an incredibly fucked up set of priorities

I understand that, but having a set personality from the beginning is also limiting. Having it all decided from the start, well, I just don't see it. It could even possibly be nice, but it's just not for me. We're defined by the choice we make, after all, not by who we want to be. If you want to be someone, you can't just will it like that, I'd hate for it to be so easy. If you're not capable of making the choices that leads to who you want to be, then maybe you didn't deserve - or maybe need - to be that kind of person. I just see it as completely unfair - and just a tiny bit boring too. Especially when we apparently have a small tutorial to go through (or at least, that's how I see the closed Beta as).

Also, while I appreciate your effort in writing an interesting personality for your character, I just have to point out something. For one, I have never seen this kind of shounen protagonist that you speak of here while questing, but I'll admit that I'm not really the most knowledgeable person about quest over here. Still, I've never heard anyone complain about that kind of character before here, actually, what I've heard people complain is about the kind of character that is ruthless and manipulative and kind of dark. Not to say that I think one is better than the other, if anything (most) shounen protagonist should burn in hell, but I don't think I like manipulative and ruthless that much more. What I think though, is that your fear is kinda unfounded, at least on the shounen protagonist side of things. That kind of trope is something that I really can't see happening over here.

Well, the fucked up sense of priorities of course, but that's something unavoidable.

Anyway, I kinda think that it's normal to have that when you have multiple people in a character's mind, it's obvious that it's difficult for a character to find consistency when there are so many voices screaming in her/his/its head. The only thing you can do, is to make every choice count. Make good arguments. Make up good arguments. Put up pics (they work for some odd reasons). Be the first to post a plan. And praise the GM because it's always good and proper.

At the beginning you have to fight. You must assert control of the quest...

Wait a second, what am I talking about? Oh whatever. Ugh, I don't remember what I was supposed to write...

...Vote for the shiny Ninetales?

I understand that, but having a set personality from the beginning is also limiting. Having it all decided from the start, well, I just don't see it. It could even possibly be nice, but it's just not for me. We're defined by the choice we make, after all, not by who we want to be. If you want to be someone, you can't just will it like that, I'd hate for it to be so easy. If you're not capable of making the choices that leads to who you want to be, then maybe you didn't deserve - or maybe need - to be that kind of person. I just see it as completely unfair - and just a tiny bit boring too. Especially when we apparently have a small tutorial to go through (or at least, that's how I see the closed Beta as).
You argument is refuted by one simple fact: Decision by committee. Any emergent behavior and character development is necessarily watered down.

And again, not what Zen asked for.

Back