Titans DC - The Edge strikes back

This is what you get when you get angry at a TV show like teen titans Go for not being deep and dark and serious enough. I'm not saying Go is good but that mindlessly chasing after "maturity" in inherently childish things such as superheroes leads here.

Why is DC so afraid of colour and lighting? Did a Stagelight kill one of their parents or something? everything in that trailer looks like a shade of grey or black, even the fire looks like it has a grey filter over it.

Fans: We don't want childish crap like Teen Titans Go anymore. We want mature and heartfelt stuff like the original Teen Titans and Young Justice as well as complex and deep characters.

DC: ALRIGHT YOU WANT COOL AND MATURE HOW ABOUT ROBIN GOING AROUND KILLING PEOPLE AND TELLING BATMAN TO FUCK OFF

Fans: wait

DC: *shoots half the lights in the studio* NOW IT'S REAL DARK NO MORE KIDDY COLORS

Fans: DC are you okay?

DC: *foaming at mouth* ALSO LOOK AT THE NEW AQUAMAN POSTERS WE PHOTOSHOPPED ALL THE FISH BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT NOT ENOUGH FISH IN JUSTICE LEAGUE WE'RE FIXING IT

Fans: *steps back, leaves the room*

Fans: We don't want childish crap like Teen Titans Go anymore. We want mature and heartfelt stuff like the original Teen Titans and Young Justice as well as complex and deep characters.

DC: ALRIGHT YOU WANT COOL AND MATURE HOW ABOUT ROBIN GOING AROUND KILLING PEOPLE AND TELLING BATMAN TO FUCK OFF

Fans: wait

DC: *shoots half the lights in the studio* NOW IT'S REAL DARK NO MORE KIDDY COLORS

Fans: DC are you okay?

DC: *foaming at mouth* ALSO LOOK AT THE NEW AQUAMAN POSTERS WE PHOTOSHOPPED ALL THE FISH BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT NOT ENOUGH FISH IN JUSTICE LEAGUE WE'RE FIXING IT

Fans: *steps back, leaves the room*

CW: Guys I have this brilliant idea, a riverdale crossover.

So apparently Red Hood is gonna be in the show.

You could probably let Red Hood do all the shooting, neck stepping, Fuck Batman-ing and people wouldn't have a problem with it.

UNLESS THIS ROBIN IS ACTUALLY JASON TO- you know what, I'm not even gonna entertain that idea.

So apparently Red Hood is gonna be in the show.

You could probably let Red Hood do all the shooting, neck stepping, Fuck Batman-ing and people wouldn't have a problem with it.

UNLESS THIS ROBIN IS ACTUALLY JASON TO- you know what, I'm not even gonna entertain that idea.
Red Hood is actually Robin's FATHER, but in reality, she is his MOTHER, and maybe Bruce Wayne's MOTHER or even Starfire's MOTHER.

Also Dove is supposed to be a pacifist. Not carving through people with armoured wing blades and if the leaks are true, violent viglantes that other heroes don't associate with. Also you know, the characters Hawk and Dove are supposed to contrast. Not be the same character. But DC already fucked up Batman and Superman by making them too similar, so maybe a pathological lack of contrast is required to work for WB.

Goddammit Kor's outfit looks terrible.

What the hell is that fabric? What the hell is that cut? That half arsed embroidery in an ever darker coloured thread? That shade that neither matches her skin nor her hair nor jewellery nor boots? Why is it incredibly form fitting but also folding that closely when she's standing still? Who decided on some kind of velvet and fur and then this clearly hydrocarbon-derived shit show? Why is it so shiny?

And more importantly, how is it still a massive improvement in titillation over basically every comics iteration of her below the neck, ever? :V

(also, all that lurid too-light green in her eyes and jewellery and she's not shooting equally verdant rays of HAPPINESS AND POLYAMOURY what the hell detective comix)

Last edited:
So a green haired Asian, a clearly possessed emo teen, some guy who works at 711, and a hooker. Someone tell me who chose these designs so I can beat them with a large trout.

I don't see Teen Titans, I see flashbacks of Mr Freeze's Ice Puns, tactical batnipples, and for some reason the Mario movie. Why do these terrible mockeries keep getting made?

Last edited:
So a green haired Asian, a clearly possessed emo teen, some guy who works at 711, and a hooker. Someone tell me who chose these designs so I can beat them with a large trout.

I don't see Teen Titans, I see flashbacks of Mr Freeze's Ice Puns, tactical batnipples, and for some reason the Mario movie. Why do these terrible mockeries keep getting made?

I am trying really hard to see why possesed emo teen is somehow a stretch for Raven. As far as I can tell you just described her characterization a good half the time. Hell that was her characterization in the TV show. Also have you seen any of Starfire's comic costumes?

I am trying really hard to see why possesed emo teen is somehow a stretch for Raven. As far as I can tell you just described her characterization a good half the time. Hell that was her characterization in the TV show. Also have you seen any of Starfire's comic costumes?
*Rolls eyes* Last time I checked Raven didn't have pitch black eyes ripped straight out of a cheap horror flick and look like a stereotypical self-harmer. And Starfire in the comics doesn't dress like a hooker, hookers dress more conservatively. The Starfire in this film just looks like some random chick you'd find selling herself on the street corner, not a quirky alien.

*Rolls eyes* Last time I checked Raven didn't have pitch black eyes ripped straight out of a cheap horror flick and look like a stereotypical self-harmer. And Starfire in the comics doesn't dress like a hooker, hookers dress more conservatively. The Starfire in this film just looks like some random chick you'd find selling herself on the street corner, not a quirky alien.

Yep Raven has never looked like a goth :rolleyes:

Also is your complaint that Starfire is wearing to much clothing or that she looks like the wrong kind of sexworker?

Yep Raven has never looked like a goth :rolleyes:

Also is your complaint that Starfire is wearing to much clothing or that she looks like the wrong kind of sexworker?
You're doing this on purpose. My complaint is not that she looks goth, my complaint is she looks like something that crawled out of a fucking generic horror movie. And as for my complaints about starfire. She looks like some random ass hooker on the side of a street corner, and not a motherfucking Titan. Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if Cyborg turns out to be a goddamned toaster at this point.

Last edited:
You're doing this on purpose. My complaint is not that she looks goth, my complaint is she looks like something that crawled out of a fucking generic horror movie. And as for my complaints about starfire. She looks like some random ass hooker on the side of a street corner, and not a motherfucking Titan. Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if Cyborg turns out to be a goddamned toaster at this point.
Could you stop with this hating on sex workers? It's cringy.
Also, Raven is goth, I will provide some of her looks in recent comics when I'm home.

As has been noted by others online, really they could've just dyed Anna Diop's hair red, applied some glowy green light to the eyes when appropriate:
And it'd have been way better than what they went with:
The scattered face glow doesn't look right, the outfit is bizarre, I have not the slightest clue why they went with a curly hair wig that doesn't match well with either the character or actress, and in any case Starfire is kinda brought down by being in gritty grey grimderp land.

Last edited:
Back