Titans DC - The Edge strikes back

Robin Actor Says Batman Is a Killer in DC's Titans - IGN

While talking to IGN about his role in the upcoming live-action Titans show on the DC Universe subscription service, Dick Grayson/Robin actor Brenton Thwaites explained that it was Batman's murderous methods that drove Robin away, which is why the show finds Robin fighting crime solo in Detroit instead of Gotham.
I really have to wonder just what crazy director greenlit all the character changes for this show...

So its crazy Steve's universe rather than the real batman... Also given this Robin aka looney dick is apparently a murderous/semi-murderous lunatic how bad does crazy does crazy steve have to be? Also does that mean this universe has bearded idiot instead of the real superman and bonkers Betty replacing wonder woman to round out the heroes have been replaced by crazy lunatics quota?

Ever new trailer I see makes me think my reaction to the original trailer seem downplayed now I think to watch and listen to all those shows I mentioned before plus Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman show from the 1970s.

There is at least one person at DC who is self-aware about this tone issue- whoever was in charge of the trailer for the Harley Quinn cartoon.

Poison Ivy: I thought we were supposed to make a show that was supposed to be super gritty, and bleak, and depressing. You know, like a DC thing.

But Detroit already has Robocop... Then again maybe we can the insane people who are supposed to be the 'heroes' taken down by Robocop.

Batman: *kills some people*
Robin: fuk u I dun wanna be like you
Also Robin: *kills some people* FUCK BATMAN

Of all the heroes who are killers why Batman? He's the biggest stickler for not killing than any other hero.

Yeah, the man who won't kill the joker and any of the others of his rouge gallery and when faced with the choice of killing in order to save others(a like lets say entire city or a sizable chunk of it from what I recall) finds another way like he did with Ace.

Last edited:
Of all the heroes who are killers why Batman? He's the biggest stickler for not killing than any other hero.

Nah dude if we're going off Batfleck he just loves killin'. Can't get enough of it. Runs guys over with his car, blows them up, brutalizes them to almost certain death, and even gets other criminals to kill criminals for him probably because he thought it would be a good goof.

And that Robin suit with Joker's graffiti we saw in BvS? A prank by Robin. Because, you know, fuck Batman and all that.

There is at least one person at DC who is self-aware about this tone issue- whoever was in charge of the trailer for the Harley Quinn cartoon.

Poison Ivy: I thought we were supposed to make a show that was supposed to be super gritty, and bleak, and depressing. You know, like a DC thing.

See, this is what DC should be like.

Nah dude if we're going off Batfleck he just loves killin'. Can't get enough of it. Runs guys over with his car, blows them up, brutalizes them to almost certain death, and even gets other criminals to kill criminals for him probably because he thought it would be a good goof.

And that Robin suit with Joker's graffiti we saw in BvS? A prank by Robin. Because, you know, fuck Batman and all that.
Sounds like ASBR Batman/Crazy Steve to me.

I'm....pretty sure those cars had police in them.

Sounds like ASBR Batman/Crazy Steve to me.
I'm....pretty sure those cars had police in them.
Man, you skipped a lot of the really crazy shit from All Star Batman & Robin, such as!

- Batman puts rattler venom on his Batarangs!

- Batman literally kidnaps Dick Grayson from the circus within five minutes of his parents' deaths, killing multiple cops on his way out!

- Having kidnapped Dick Grayson, Batman dumps him in a region of the caves under Wayne Manor that's pitch black, constantly wet, and has a floor made mostly of stalagmites, with the express intent of leaving Dick down there for a week or two to survive by eating rats and licking condensation off the cave walls (to 'toughen him up')!

- When Alfred finds out about this and objects, Batman tells him to shut up unless he wants a broken jaw!

Back