Titans DC - The Edge strikes back

You know, I just keep seeing more about this and going, "what were they thinking?"

The only conclusion I can come to is "they weren't."

I said my thoughts on it on SB but it's basically,
Robin 8/10, good and quality costume but cliche crime fighting looking. I wouldn't expect him to be Robin if I didn't know it beforehand.
Not Robiny or unique enough.

Beast Boy 5 or 6/10, acceptable for a low budget tv show but I expect some special effects on Season Finale.

Raven 4/10, not the Raven I know but perfect cliche horror film character like Paranormal.

Starfire 2/10, only saving grace is the Actor. Everything else is shitty.

Also, please for the love of god DC, stop with the Instagram filters.

Poster.

So Beast Boy looks like a Vixen style power, not actual shape shifting from the poster.

But there is a video of some bad shape shifting.

Exclusive: Watch Beast Boy transform in new 'Titans' clip
Is that a fan poster? Cause the Photoshop quality is pretty bad...

Green BB? Orange Star? Could it be that they've been allowed to make some post-production edits?

Like, it still doesn't look good, but it at least looks like a step in the right direction. Now if only they could lose that awful coat...
Starfire glows an electric orangeish when she uses her powers.

That said, since we have seen the video where the post came from, whoever made that poster blew out the coloring for Starfire so she looked even more orange.

So there's a clip of Beast Boy transforming...which consists of him jumpcutting from a tiger to himself with no space in between.

So Beast Boy looks like a Vixen style power, not actual shape shifting from the poster.

But there is a video of some bad shape shifting.

Exclusive: Watch Beast Boy transform in new 'Titans' clip

Worth noting: they attempted a more jokey 'suicide squad' style approach with this trailer. We see Starfire smiling! (or rather laughing at Beast Boy being naked) Someone trading in a porche for a minivan! (complete with comedically timed honking) "I'd love to meet Batman..." "Yeah, no." (hahahah what a joker) And the music!

I mean... they seemed to have maybe listened to us saying 'wow, so much edge' and gone straight for 'HEY GUYS LOOK A SCENE IN THE DAYTIME, JOKES, LAUGHTER, BONDING OVER MOCKING OF NUDITY!' and... yeah.

At this point we could put whoever's running this show in a windowless concrete box, turn the entire floor into the target, and they'd still miss.

Out of place space princess? Not gritty enough, lets turn her into a mad science experiment.

It's... it's weird, for all the horrible things that they're doing with the show, at less, if you really, really try, you could feel that this was something base on Teen Titans, but for the love of god, I honestly, honestly, didn't feel anything related to "Star Fire" in that teaser, at all, it felt like something completely different. o_O

Green BB? Orange Star? Could it be that they've been allowed to make some post-production edits?

Like, it still doesn't look good, but it at least looks like a step in the right direction. Now if only they could lose that awful coat...
From what I can tell, they only give Beast Boy green skin when he's about to shapeshift, or turning back to human.

Also, that trailer is distilled cringe and I swear I could hear BB's actor screaming internally after every line.

Totally true, except that they're experimented by alien slavers, not humans. >_<
Well, it was the Psions, who aren't so much "slavers" as "what if SHODAN was an entire species?". Sure, they purchase slaves, but that's so they can do horrifying Science to them, not for slave labor.

"I had to walk away. I was becoming too much like him."
*proceeds to murder like ten guys*

Batman: Yeah. That's totally a me thing to do. Totally.

"I had to walk away. I was becoming too much like him."
*proceeds to murder like ten guys*

Batman: Yeah. That's totally a me thing to do. Totally.
....whut?
Is the Batman of the Titans a mass murderer?
Or does he mean that he began to kill less people thanks to Batman?
First one means that this Batman probably belong same category as Injustice Batman and its crazy.
Second one is even crazier, Robin complaining that he is becoming more peaceful?
The fuck?

It makes about as much sense as any other part of this show: none.

Ok, I have to ask, did the director or someone else say that Robin actually didn't kill anyone? Because, a) that's obviously a lie, b) it's pretty obvious that was a response to all the people complaining that that was stupid, and c) then, Star Fire and Dove didn't kill anybody either?

Maybe they're going with Robin feeling that Batman doesn't really try to stop criminals, blaming him for everyone put in Arkham constantly escaping?

Back