Titans DC - The Edge strikes back

The mans name is Geoff Johns, and the Titans premier was the nail in the coffin. He's "stepping down" from being the Chief Creative officer at DC Entertainment. He's still a part of the company and is contributing writing to Lantern movie and the second Wonder Woman, but DC executives have pulled him from being a major contributor to their media. He's the guy that's been pushing for "dark and edgy" in the films. It's a part of the works he makes consistently.
Where are these rumors of the Titan's preview being booed actually coming from? I can't find any source to them, and while I kind of want them to be true, I see no evidence of them being true?

And while I'm glad he's stepping down, that's a little unfair to Geoff Johns. He can write works that aren't grimdark, and write well. It's just when the ol' cereal fanatic is bad, he's really bad, and the old "minor member of the teen titans gets gruesomely decapitated for shock value" style worthless dc grimdark rears its ugly head in most of his bad works, and some of his good ones.

Last edited:
Honestly Johns going is great for another far more important reason. He's the guy with the silver age fetish that keeps trying to shove Hal and Barry as the only Lantern and Flash and judt generally sidelining all the people invented after 1980.

Looks like they have released the first full in costume cast photo.

Exclusive: DC Universe's 'Titans' unite in new photo

Only one that actually works is Robins.
Am I the only one disappointed in Beast Boy and Raven here?

I mean, Robin goes out and gets dressed up in the full Superhero get up, even if it's the goth version, but Raven and Beast Boy? They're prancing around in what amounts to little more than business casual. Come on, show some solidarity you two, put on a real cloak and a jumpsuit!

(Not sure where Starfire falls on this. The purple dress could be superheroy but the fur coat is throwing me off.)

Am I the only one disappointed in Beast Boy and Raven here?

I mean, Robin goes out and gets dressed up in the full Superhero get up, even if it's the goth version, but Raven and Beast Boy? They're prancing around in what amounts to little more than business casual. Come on, show some solidarity you two, put on a real cloak and a jumpsuit!

(Not sure where Starfire falls on this. The purple dress could be superheroy but the fur coat is throwing me off.)
Costume department only had funding for one costume?

The only one that even looks like a superhero much less vaguely like the superhero they are supposed to be is Robin/nightwing(he looks more like Nightwing than robin to me).

Sigh this is beginning to look like the 2011 wonder woman all over again though maybe I might be wrong.

That looks like a single real superhero who grabbed two kids and a prostitute from the street to pose with him for a publicity shot.

You know, if I hadn't seen the trailer- I actually wouldn't mind this.

Maybe it's something in Beast Boy's and Starfire's postures. Maybe it's the fact that there's actually a light source brighter than late twilight. Or maybe it's the fact that Raven's look is so dumb and tryhard that it's gone full-circle to actually kinda fun.

Hell, if the took the whole show that route, I'd actually be down. Like, it's not going to happen, but I'd be on board if the "fuck Batman" thing was actually part of a larger strategy for Titans to be a campy send-up of the current dark and edgy DCEU.

I can't look away from all the fucking belts on Raven's boots. I can get used to how cheap Starfire's costume looks, but footwear does not need so many goddamn motherfucking belts, and fuck whoever made those boots.

Robin's outfit would be pretty fine, IF IT WASN'T SO DARK.

Why DC why. You know how godwaful your tone is. Why do you INSIST on doing this. Even BB's and Starfire's clothes, bright as they are, look faded!

Robin's outfit would be pretty fine, IF IT WASN'T SO DARK.

Why DC why. You know how godwaful your tone is. Why do you INSIST on doing this. Even BB's and Starfire's clothes, bright as they are, look faded!
Don't you see Beast Boy used his share of colors on himself?

My god, the dude's even smiling, and his clothes aren't that dark. He looks like someone who came from another TV-series not owned by DC. It's basically "my goth friends and me."

Don't you see Beast Boy used his share of colors on himself?

My god, the dude's even smiling, and his clothes aren't that dark. He looks like someone who came from another TV-series not owned by DC. It's basically "my goth friends and me."
It seems weird that they didn't bother colorizing Beast Boy to have the green skin for their first official photo, given that they've been fighting off accusations of not doing that in the show thanks to photos from the set.

I think Raven's hurts the most. BB's biggest problem is not being green and a little fluffy; Robin would be okay if he wasn't so dull-toned; and Star's looks mildly okay up until the coat ruins it. But Rae? Rae is just a fucking mess.

Man I can't get over how terrible the costumes are. Hell, besides Robin they aren't even costumes, more like something someone in the costuming department threw together walking through a Value Village.

Green BB? Orange Star? Could it be that they've been allowed to make some post-production edits?

Like, it still doesn't look good, but it at least looks like a step in the right direction. Now if only they could lose that awful coat...

Back