The Shut-In Cultivator (Isekai Xianxia)

Yeah, this girl and her ancestor are the literal worst type of that protagonist. Don't get me wrong, there are good versions of this type, but this is literally the worst variation of that Xianxia Protagonist. The good versions are ones that try to teach them very valuable life skills, some form of common sense and other things, but this is the worst variation. The one that makes the young masters look sane and calm. The psycho fucks.

I'm happy to see Sword Dude is genuinely a good kid(for the setting) and respectful in general. It's also nice to see that his sect, while low-power due to the region, is very genuine in being actually righteous. "You stabbed your best friend in the back, came back covered in his blood and qi, and expected to get rewarded?". Sure they didn't kill him, but that's only because it'd make their justification worse when that type or person almost always ends up getting themselves killed when kicked outta a sect due to being unhinged as fuck.

I expect that our protagonist might even get over all her hang ups if she's aware of what this brat just implied. Like, there's not much so far that'd make her care, but the few things she does care about are her pets(family?) and home. Just, holy shit. That's not just crossing the line, that's crossing every single one of them at once, and expecting to get away with it, no, GET REWARDED for it!

Last edited:
Thank you for the chapter!

I wonder if zhu will end up having some character development and become a better person from visiting the house?

Just wondering but could you please give me a description of the main character so I can stick it in an image generator?

Just wondering but could you please give me a description of the main character so I can stick it in an image generator?
Xiu Bai has a pair of emerald colored eyes, waist length obsidian hair, a slender build with some generous portions (think teenage beauty), fair white skin, her height at least reached 5'6'', and she always wear a pink rabbit hoodie and jeans, and pajama slippers (which she changes into doll shoes if she is going outside).

That's how I usually imagines how she appears whenever I write about her.

emerald colored eyes, waist length obsidian hair, a slender build with some generous portions (think teenage beauty), fair white skin, her height at least reached 5'6'', and she always wear a pink rabbit hoodie and jeans, and pajama slippers

Just put something like that in and these popped out

gencraft.ai

Gencraft: AI art generator, AI photos, AI image variations, and editor

AI art generator. Create a free account. Try hundreds of AI models. Remix artwork from 10M+ users. Use AI to create stunning images, avatars, and photos

gencraft.ai

AI art generator. Create a free account. Try hundreds of AI models. Remix artwork from 10M+ users. Use AI to create stunning images, avatars, and photos

Hmmm, Well I like Fan Ling better than Yi Tianzhu, I think it's better if you show us Fan Ling's activities through the Event Notifications and focus on the new guests.
Edit:
gencraft.ai

This one has the right eye colour, but the hair seems to go through the hood.
gencraft.ai

I personally like this one better but she has the wrong eye colour.

Last edited:
This one the wrong eye colour.

Thanks on that, was more or less the same description though... had to change the hair colour to black instead of obsidian cause it was green... why is ai so weird?

What about this one? Ignore the jeans for some reason it doesn't want to generate anything longer no matter the prompt.

gencraft.ai

Last edited:
Thanks on that, was more or less the same description though... had to change the hair colour to black instead of obsidian cause it was green... why is ai so weird?

What about this one? Ignore the jeans for some reason it doesn't want to generate anything longer no matter the prompt.

gencraft.ai

I think mouth is more of a problem than the Jean, so I still like the second one the best even if the eye colour is off.

It can also be that people with social anxiety are really good at avoiding people and staying low key so it makes sense that many don't know about them.

Wow, Yi Zhutian is literally the worst. Just snoop around why don't you? Pets are just another name for resources on demand. Her spiritual herb garden is right over there so might as well take what you want. Maybe move into her house during your stay as well since it's better made than the guest abode. I know Xiu has her issues but i hope she doesn't go along with the plan she thought up since that'll make things 100x worse for everyone involved. I'm usually a sucker for falling for protagonist centered morality (when the person isn't obviously evil or stupid anyway) but at least have SOME manners? Then again, both her and her grandmother gives off that uncultured murderhobo vibe so...

Last edited:
Just wondering but are you planning on doing something like this fight from kung fu hustle? Where a bunch of sects come together after learning about the MC's place to try and evict her from her home and take her stuff only to be humbled real quick and their strongest becoming a student under her.

Just wondering but are you planning on doing something like this fight from kung fu hustle? Where a bunch of sects come together after learning about the MC's place to try and evict her from her home and take her stuff only to be humbled real quick and their strongest becoming a student under her.
While that's hilarious I doubt something like that will happen. Remember, she doesn't want to fight at all. Even when she was doing stuff like picking up entire trees and cutting them down in one slice she still ran from Pochi when she first met her.

So unless her martial arts skills have given her a willingness to fight, which could totally be a thing mind you, she's not going to get into any fights.

One thing I'm wondering is has she thought about getting a general scholarship skill? Or perhaps some teaching or history skills. These skills feel like they would give general information about the world.

While that's hilarious I doubt something like that will happen. Remember, she doesn't want to fight at all. Even when she was doing stuff like picking up entire trees and cutting them down in one slice she still ran from Pochi when she first met her.

So unless her martial arts skills have given her a willingness to fight, which could totally be a thing mind you, she's not going to get into any fights.

One thing I'm wondering is has she thought about getting a general scholarship skill? Or perhaps some teaching or history skills. These skills feel like they would give general information about the world.

Could see her fighting to defend her home, she didn't have a home to be attached to back then, but she does now and I doubt she will be willing to give it up and start again now.

Could see her fighting to defend her home, she didn't have a home to be attached to back then, but she does now and I doubt she will be willing to give it up and start again now.
Well I don't see her willingly kill her enemies, I can totally see her accidentally overkilling her enemies because she overestimated them.

Last edited:
Well I don't see her willingly kill her enemies, I can totally see her accidentally overkilling her enemies because she overestimated them.
I agree. She wouldn't kill her enemies but she would accidentally kill them. For example she would throw them out and let them land in a 'safe' forbidden land where everyone is their arch enemies. Also just like what you said.

Her ancestor said that this region was desolate since her time. An ancient cultivator of her time had used this whole region as nourishment to ascend to the heavens, but failed which cursed this whole region with barren energies from heaven and earth. Barely any decent cultivators would stay here.
Yi Tianzhu: "So, an 'ancient cultivator of your time'... Could it be..."
Yi Sushang: "You brat! What are you insinuating? That the 'ancient cultivator' was me?!"
Yi Tianzhu: "Sorry! The thought just crossed my mind. Such a silly idea, I know..."
Yi Sushang: "Then stop being such a stupid girl, and focus on your training!"
Yi Tianzhu: '...She didn't say it wasn't her.'

Now I'm thinking of Yi Sushang as some kind of vampire/lich...

How many descendants has she "helped" along the years?

This is an utter gem. I didn't know that I needed this.

I'd like to see that MC interact with more of the locals. The pets were just not enough social interaction. Of her guests, I liked the first guy. He was polite and seemed to view things as a test. It was odd that he thought she was some master's daughter than the actual master.

Then again she doesn't want social interaction with the cultivators, which is a good basic plan. Cultivators tend to be assholes.

Her second guest... well bad things need to happen to her. The MC won't be doing squat to her though. She's scared of the haunted family item.

I'm more curious about why her visitor's hut is within the main portion of her wards. O.k. she goofed with the first guy. After that, you'd figure that she'd have moved the hut outside of her main. Let the visitors wake up outside of her areas. They could recover, but wouldn't just have free access to all of her stuff.

Another bit that threw me was that the pond went to a sea. Shouldn't it have been a lake first?

She's goofed in making her place too nice towards her unwanted visitors. She's having issues getting them to leave. She's going to be so irked when the first guy comes back.

I like that the first guy has to go on a quest to find the guy is going to have his vengeance on. Tracking that guy could be a bit difficult. I'm a tad disappointed that he didn't share the book with the Elder.

She needs to think about warding her area with teleport arrays that knock strangers out, heal them, and have them wake up in a known safe spot other than her home.

I'm surprised that we haven't met that original cultivator guy that original her stole the spirit stone from. Seems like he'd pop up at some point. I can't see that guy being anyone important though.

Back