"Just come back alive," she told you with quiet inevitability. "Even if you scare me, or everyone else, or keeping making people think that LiFE might be right." You muffled a groan at that. That was one that that you weren't looking forward to dealing with in the least. Mary's arms tightened around you in a hug, and you tilted your head sleepily to see her looking across at you.

Waiting, you realised, for an answer. You nodded slowly. "I'll do everything I can." It was all you could give.

She smiled, slipping down to rest her head on your shoulder. "That's all I could ever ask," she murmured, the needs of stress and emotional exhaustion pulling her too towards sleep. "And all I ever will."

Words easily spoken, on decades of trust, and in the same mind as your own. That this now was all that mattered. It was a comforting thought, you realised, as you drifted off. To know that your duty had been done. And though it would not wait forever, it could wait long enough.

"Good night, love."
Proof that all the M&M shippers were right and wrong. They're not lovers: they skipped straight from friends, past dating, past fiances, past marriage, straight to being one of those old couples who've been married for 25+ years who finish each others' sentences and have their adult child come home whenever she's having problems, knowing that they'll always be there for her.

And now they've got empty nest syndrome, so Mandy went out and adopted a lonely First Awoken who is having trouble letting go of adolescent fantasies of dying nobly for a cause, and helping her embrace adulthood. :V
Possibly; I'd say even likely. The other possibility is that they're older than the Shiplords, and underwent their ascension ritual back during the pre-Shiplord era.

Similarly I'd say there are two possibilities about what they're going to tell Amanda. Either they're going to tell her about the Shiplord response, and what humanity is about to face, or they are about to tell her something about the threat that the Shiplords think justify their arrogant, disgusting, and sloppily implemented policies, and what must be done to prepare for that.

@Snowfire, I sit amazed at the journey you have led us on all this time. You have created a world that we see so little of nowadays: a place so full of light and life and vibrancy that, despite the threat of imminent existential annihilation, given the choice I would move there immediately. I congratulate you on your accomplishment and look forward to seeing where you lead us next.

That was one hell of a read. Looking forward to the next one. Can you leave a link here when it is created?

Of course. I'll post a link here with some other words to trigger the alert when Secrets' Crusade goes up. The opening is actually pretty much done, now

The other possibility is that they're older than the Shiplords, and underwent their ascension ritual back during the pre-Shiplord era.

Not really feasible, given the gestalt that Amanda got from them. If you reread, you can see that they experienced the same cycle of pain as humanity, from ships that Amanda recognised. So they're from after the Shiplord hegemony kicked in.

This has been a grand ride so far, looking forward to the next.

I'm only sorry for not being as involved as usual these past few weeks from a combination of my own quest taking up a lot of time and RL stuff taking up more.

So, something I'd actually like to ask the playerbase now that I've got a little time to go over things without worrying about my next update is, well.

What more do people feel needs adding to the Wiki for a newcomer to be able to get a grasp of the world of PW without needing to read the entire quest? I'm very serious about this, as new quest threads often mean new questers, and have booked out some time over the next few days to focus on updating the Wiki as part of getting ready for Secrets' Crusade.

So if you can spare the time to have a look, any criticism (preferably constructive) or suggestions you might have would be enormously appreciated. The Wiki may be found here.

Last edited:
...Utopia. Anarchy without Chaos and Destruction...Paradise?
Best way I can put it. That's the thing most people miss, if only because it's so hard to believe. And it's so hard to believe because of all the safegaurds, sutble and not, that tell people "You cannot trust others, you must rely upon your own power."
Anyone who looks at Kirby and see cuteness hiding monsters and horrors...
*shakes head*
The description of 'Society of Magical Girls' I think is a moniker placed because it's the only real way to explain to people what to expect, basically.
EDIT:
Okay TBH I don't know. I'm really just responding with perhas my own takeaway from what I've seen in this thread.

To The Crusade
So, I think I've gotten enough done to get this ball rolling. It might not be entirely enough, but that's what hotfixing is for - not like I wasn't doing copious amounts of that when I got this quest started. So let's see where it takes us. For all those who requested it - or did so silently, I know you're out there, darnit! - the following is a link to the quest's sequel. Please, join me there for...

Back