I almost completely forgot about the characters brought in via Wanda. Should Agatha come back as one, we can have a veritable Charlie's Angels (jk).

Hope this MC continuity takes a nod from Andor to be okay with its originality.

This looks like it'll be fun. I like all three of these characters and I kind of want to see what's up between Carol and Monica, because Monica seemed to be touchy about the subject in Wandavision, and I'm wondering if it's a "you went out for smokes into space in the '90s and never came back, Second Mom" thing or not being there for Maria when she was dying of cancer or what.

This looks like it'll be fun. I like all three of these characters and I kind of want to see what's up between Carol and Monica, because Monica seemed to be touchy about the subject in Wandavision, and I'm wondering if it's a "you went out for smokes into space in the '90s and never came back, Second Mom" thing or not being there for Maria when she was dying of cancer or what.

It would be awsome but unlikely to reveal Carol and Maria had actually been dating...

It would be awsome but unlikely to reveal Carol and Maria had actually been dating...
Yeah, not expecting that to happen, but she could still be salty that "Aunt Carol" disappeared on them, especially if it meant that her mom died alone because she'd been blipped. Her pointed changing of the subject when Captain Marvel is mentioned in Wandavision seems like it should indicate something.

The trailer brings about zero confidence regarding the quality of the movie. They're gonna have to pull a damn miracle to make something out of Ms. Marvel especially after her TV show flopped hard.

The trailer brings about zero confidence regarding the quality of the movie. They're gonna have to pull a damn miracle to make something out of Ms. Marvel especially after her TV show flopped hard.

Ms Marvel has an 98% on Rotten Tomatoes what are you on about.

It has its problems, but holy crap, never have I related to any other Marvel character. The sheer heart written into Kamala legit brought a tear to my eye.

Ms Marvel has an 98% on Rotten Tomatoes what are you on about.

It has its problems, but holy crap, never have I related to any other Marvel character. The sheer heart written into Kamala legit brought a tear to my eye.
It was the most boring and blandnest show they popped out on Diseny+. They also pussied out on her powers, literally-who villain and a bloaty flashback for the precious generation of her family. Critics may have praised it but I see it being given an average of about 6 thereabouts on other places and that sounds right to me. Uninteresting, unengaging and there weren't any cool fights either.

Kamala Khan first comic run was THE lighting in the bottle for Marvel, they haven't been able to replicate it since and the TV show sure wasnt it either. Disney just hasn't been able to deliver ever since Endgame.

but I see it being given an average of about 6 thereabouts on other places and that sounds right to me.
Those must be some pretty obscure places if even Wikipedia doesn't note them, unless it was one of those that got review bombed because of the show being seen as "woke" by the Usual Suspects in their corners of the internet.
Disney just hasn't been able to deliver ever since Endgame.
Damn, must have imagined the popularity of Wandavision, Loki, and Wakanda Forever.

Easy dunking on an hyperbole aside, just what is it about the trailer that doesn't give you confidence?

Last edited:
It was the most boring and blandnest show they popped out on Diseny+. They also pussied out on her powers, literally-who villain and a bloaty flashback for the precious generation of her family. Critics may have praised it but I see it being given an average of about 6 thereabouts on other places and that sounds right to me. Uninteresting, unengaging and there weren't any cool fights either.

Cool. So what's the evidence the show bombed, exactly?

IIRC, "Ms. Marvel"'s viewership numbers were terrible when it came out, meaning a lot less people were watching it compared to, say, "Hawkeye" or "Moon Knight".

I generally enjoyed Ms.Marvel, but it was not without its issues. But most of those issues stemmed from production problems forcing them to rush their climax, and there's no reason to think that this movie had those same problems.

Kamala Khan first comic run was THE lighting in the bottle for Marvel, they haven't been able to replicate it since and the TV show sure wasnt it either. Disney just hasn't been able to deliver ever since Endgame.
Your "literally-who villian" comment is kinda funny since that's basically Kamala's MO in her solo series. The run started with her fighting a giant chicken "clone" of Thomas Edison and his robot minions, and the rest of both her solo on-goings more or less followed suit. Basically random nobodies as far as the eye can see.

Edit: I liked that in the trailer Monica is apparently still doing the investigate weirdness thing like she had been doing in WandaVision despite getting powers. Nice bit of continuity for her character there.

Last edited:
So the places that pan ms marvel are... well... far right hellholes. Because female muslim pakistani protag. And these places are gonna hate the marvels no matter the quality of the movie

Your "literally-who villian" comment is kinda funny since that's basically Kamala's MO in her solo series. The run started with her fighting a giant chicken "clone" of Thomas Edison and his robot minions, and the rest of both her solo on-goings more or less followed suit. Basically random nobodies as far as the eye can see.
Weirdly not the only instance of animal person Thomas Edison with robot minions. And I thought that was an original bit of insanity, apparently American comics did it first.

I don't watch the disney tv shows and that seems like a real dealbreaker for seeing this movie. Two out of three of the main characters being entirely set up behind a streaming paywall is an inevitable end point of the direction disney has been going but I can't see it actually helping the movie.

Cool. So what's the evidence the show bombed, exactly?
Like how it had half the viewership of Hawkeye? 750k compared to 1.5 mil? And Hawkeye was baaaaad. No one was watching it, there's nothing memorable about the show, the movie is gonna have to make a reaaaaaly good introduction for Kamala couz she ain't coasting on star power, worst thing the movie producers can do is pretending everyone already knows her like what they did with Wanda in Dr. Strange after Wandavision, many people were scratching their heads at what was up with her, at least with that audiences were tuned in for Benedict Cumberbatch and Dr. Strange so it still made bank.

tv.parrotanalytics.com

Ms. Marvel (Disney+): United States daily TV audience insights for smarter content decisions - Parrot Analytics

Ms. Marvel United States tv ratings and audience insights for Disney+'s Superhero Series series based on US demand data from Parrot Analytics for television executives. Includes audience growth rate, affinity and television ratings (market multiple) based on demand data.

tv.parrotanalytics.com

Hawkeye (Disney+): United States daily TV audience insights for smarter content decisions - Parrot Analytics

Hawkeye United States tv ratings and audience insights for Disney+'s Superhero Series series based on US demand data from Parrot Analytics for television executives. Includes audience growth rate, affinity and television ratings (market multiple) based on demand data.

ms. marvel seems to be holding its own

I don't watch the disney tv shows and that seems like a real dealbreaker for seeing this movie. Two out of three of the main characters being entirely set up behind a streaming paywall is an inevitable end point of the direction disney has been going but I can't see it actually helping the movie.
I don't think not seeing the shows is going to be a barrier to entry. I watched the first Avengers movie without having seen half of the preceding movies that introduced the characters, and the movie did a decent job of explaining who everyone was; there's no reason to think that they won't do the same here with half as many characters.

Also, I'm sure that a bunch of YouTube channels like ScreenCrush will be releasing videos titled "Everything You Need To Know Before You Watch The Marvels" in the weeks leading up to the film's release to bring people up to speed.

Also, it's a little weird to complain about a "paywall" when movies already cost money to begin with? Like, the movie was never free to begin with. A movie ticket costs considerably more than a month of Disney Plus. If people are okay dropping $15 to go see this movie, they're probably okay dropping $8 to have a month to catch up on all the shows if it's really that important to them to know all the antecedents. (Or pirate it.)

I'm not sure if Hawkeye was the best Disney+ Marvel series, but it was probably the one that had the least things that I could point to as potential causes for concern. It's just a fun holiday adventure about a guy wanting to get home to his family for Christmas no matter how many Russian mobsters he has to kill along the way. What's not to love?

Hawkeye was really fun, and unlike Wandavision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier, didn't crash it's premise with no survivors in the last two episodes. I'm not really sure where this 'Actually it was really bad' thing is coming from.

Back