Okay, so I had an idea in regards to this - since ANV I s right that it's likely to take just about forever to roll through this turn by turn, what do people say to approaching the task as a Challenge - Focus - Strike? Basically tackling the wall in three rolls, one for getting yourself over, one for getting your bag over, and one for answering correctly.

Basically the challenge would be 'get to the station before the Togashi squad' so your head start would apply as a bonus.

On one hand, resolving this in three rolls increases the chance that an unlucky roll will cause complications. On the other hand, it let's us move through this challenge at an interesting pace and hopefully move on with the story. Thoughts?

Ok! The ayes have it.

Challenge: get yourself over to the other side. Since the rope is there on the far side, let's make it Athletics / Reflexes to drop safely (if you already dropped, don't worry about this roll.)

Focus: get your bag to the other side. Athletics / Agility will work, so will Rope / Agility, I'm prepared to accommodate other rolls as well if you can give good reasons for them.

Strike: answer the question asked. Lore / Intelligence. Shadowlands or Law apply.

This look all right to everyone?

Ok! The ayes have it.

Challenge: get yourself over to the other side. Since the rope is there on the far side, let's make it Athletics / Reflexes to drop safely (if you already dropped, don't worry about this roll.)

Focus: get your bag to the other side. Athletics / Agility will work, so will Rope / Agility, I'm prepared to accommodate other rolls as well if you can give good reasons for them.

Strike: answer the question asked. Lore / Intelligence. Shadowlands or Law apply.

This look all right to everyone?

Sounds cool to me. Rumina already rolled a 14 to drop (here OOC - The Importance Of Rice | Page 81 ) so I need an Ath/Agl (4k3) roll and...wait. Team MVP Woobie Scorpion hit her with a "Think more better buff", don't need to forget that when I do my Lore: Law/Int roll.

Edit: 5 + 26 +8 = 39 for getting her bag over, I think she succeeded.

Edit the second: That's a 3k0 to Int rolls for the next hour, so 6k2. Thanks MVP Woobie Scorpion!

Keeping the 7 and 9 for a 16 on the Lore check.
Wade Garrett threw 6 10-faced dice. Reason: Athletics/Agility Total: 41
2 2 5 5 10 10 10 10 6 6 8 8
Wade Garrett threw 7 10-faced dice. Reason: LAAAW! (Int) Total: 34
3 3 5 5 2 2 7 7 4 4 9 9 4 4

Last edited:
Sounds cool to me. Rumina already rolled a 14 to drop (here OOC - The Importance Of Rice | Page 81 ) so I need an Ath/Agl (4k3) roll and...wait. Team MVP Woobie Scorpion hit her with a "Think more better buff", don't need to forget that when I do my Lore: Law/Int roll.

Edit: 5 + 26 +8 = 39 for getting her bag over, I think she succeeded.

Edit the second: That's a 3k0 to Int rolls for the next hour, so 6k2. Thanks MVP Woobie Scorpion!

Keeping the 7 and 9 for a 16 on the Lore check.

That's definitely a success on the getting the bag over, and you'll get an extra 1k1 on Lore for doing it so quickly (and thus having extra time.)

That's definitely a success on the getting the bag over, and you'll get an extra 1k1 on Lore for doing it so quickly (and thus having extra time.)

In that case (throws extra die for 7k3) I'll keep the 5 too, 21 on Lore. Can I write the getting over part IC as Rumina jumping off with her bag in her arms and sticking the landing? :D

I don't really want to give up on the really good athletics rolls I had...

But that aside, I'll throw my terrible dice to see if Takara gets it across safely--unless I get a bonus because of our plan.

Last edited:
Awesome then.

EDIT: 15 on getting the bag, should be a pass.

EDIT: And Four 2s on 6 dice for Law despite spending a Void. Still, that one 7 plus being Intelligence 4 still lets me limp through it with a fairly decent result of 15.
Alectai threw 3 10-faced dice. Reason: Acquire Bag Total: 15
6 6 8 8 1 1
Alectai threw 6 10-faced dice. Reason: THE LAWWWWW Total: 16
2 2 2 2 2 2 7 7 2 2 1 1

Last edited:
Pretty much every roll will be 'enough'. Realistically this is a task that you can do with enough time, success just dictates how fast you do it - with an 11, you are correct that it isn't very. Go ahead and roll Lore.
Spending VKid for skill rank. Leaves me with two.

Edit: how good is 17?
A Nation's Virtue threw 3 10-faced dice. Reason: Does Tendo know the law? Total: 19
8 8 2 2 9 9

Ok. 4k2, 4k2, 5k2.

Man, this change killed my dice pools.

Jump down!

13- Jump

18- Carry

27- Lore
The king Chad threw 4 10-faced dice. Reason: Jump Down! Total: 24
6 6 5 5 6 6 7 7
The king Chad threw 4 10-faced dice. Reason: Baggage Train! Total: 29
8 8 9 9 3 3 9 9
The king Chad threw 6 10-faced dice. Reason: I choose "Taint" for 100 Alex. Total: 31
1 1 8 8 1 1 10 10 9 9 2 2

Last edited:
Didnt' you get one of my Lore buffs?

No.

If you want, I'll allow Strength for some of the rolls, you'd just have to give it a good writeup.

Unless I get a bonus for a rope somewhere, failed the jump down by 2.

Can't think of a write up for using Strength or stamina over agility for carrying heavy bags of rice :whistle: But an 18 should have done it anyway.

And Even without the lore buff I crushed the lore roll.

Back