The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest)

[X] [Response] "Not if my YOUTH burns brighter!"
[X] [Strategy] Open with Earthbending, strike the earth to break up the ground and throw up a lot of dust, then leap off and open with a DYNAMIC ENTRY, through it where she can't see to get in close(and also avoiding her own seismic sense), switching to close quarters grappling to throw her once you are in where she won't have the time to wind up the motions for bending. THEN send her flying up and juggle her in the air until she gives in or finds a counterattack.

So all that training in water bending forms let us develop a style that lets us manipulate dirt like water. That seems very powerful if we can pull a Gaara and compact it like crazy.

We can use raw earth for that.
Dust bending is more useful for blinding and sandblasting.

For raw power, base Earth does way better.
Actually, it'd be best if we could combine the two, so there's not an effective difference between teh Dust and the Earth besides simple density. Make the the ground able to flow as smoothly as water. Would make it way harder to block for one.

Though something I just thought of, why doesn't every fight between an Earthbender and a Non-Earthbender involve polishing the ground? Flattening it, making it super smooth, and what not. It'd be denying the other person stability, they have to be careful to not slip while fighting. The Earthbender can easily stick themselves to the smooth rock without any worry, so it seems like a easy environmental hazard to set up against their enemies.

Last edited:
[X] [Strategy] Open with Earthbending, strike the earth to break up the ground and throw up a lot of dust, then leap off and open with a DYNAMIC ENTRY, through it where she can't see to get in close(and also avoiding her own seismic sense), switching to close quarters grappling to throw her once you are in where she won't have the time to wind up the motions for bending. THEN send her flying up and juggle her in the air until she gives in or finds a counterattack.

[X] [Strategy] Open with Earthbending, strike the earth to break up the ground and throw up a lot of dust, then leap off and open with a DYNAMIC ENTRY, through it where she can't see to get in close, switching to close quarters grappling to throw her once you are in where she won't have the time to wind up the motions for bending. THEN send her flying up and juggle her in the air until she gives in or finds a counterattack.
Though something I just thought of, why doesn't every fight between an Earthbender and a Non-Earthbender involve polishing the ground? Flattening it, making it super smooth, and what not. It'd be denying the other person stability, they have to be careful to not slip while fighting. The Earthbender can easily stick themselves to the smooth rock without any worry, so it seems like a easy environmental hazard to set up against their enemies.
Probably cause smooth earth isn't really a thing that's more a ice hazard than a earth one. Plus hitting people with huge slabs of rock, or just sucking them into the ground is probably more efficient then trying to smooth it over.

Probably cause smooth earth isn't really a thing that's more a ice hazard than a earth one. Plus hitting people with huge slabs of rock, or just sucking them into the ground is probably more efficient then trying to smooth it over.
It easily could be a thing. Polish it very smooth and it could be just as slippery.
And it wouldn't be one or the other, they'd be doing both. It doesn't seem like a thing that would take much concentration at all, they are just flattening the surroundings.

[X] [Strategy] Open with Earthbending, strike the earth to break up the ground and throw up a lot of dust, then leap off and open with a DYNAMIC ENTRY, through it where she can't see to get in close, switching to close quarters grappling to throw her once you are in where she won't have the time to wind up the motions for bending. THEN send her flying up and juggle her in the air until she gives in or finds a counterattack.

Actually, it'd be best if we could combine the two, so there's not an effective difference between teh Dust and the Earth besides simple density. Make the the ground able to flow as smoothly as water. Would make it way harder to block for one.

Quite simple. Based on what we've seen, Earthbending techniques are based on solid well grounded, vigorous blows, while the moved earth itself is craggy, usually broken off along fracture lines, which does not lend itself well to smoothing out surfaces.

They don't do it, in short, because it's like trying to punch your signature into a target. Theoretically possible, but too fiddly to be good in live combat.
It's much more suited to the types of motion seen in Waterbending, graceful, smooth motions.

[X] [Strategy] Open with Earthbending, strike the earth to break up the ground and throw up a lot of dust, then leap off and open with a DYNAMIC ENTRY, through it where she can't see to get in close(and also avoiding her own seismic sense), switching to close quarters grappling to throw her once you are in where she won't have the time to wind up the motions for bending

I feel like when people are looking at seismic sense and our "low" rank of it, they assume that a lot of earthbenders can do it too. I don't know if its just me but I'm constantly comparing our Character to Toph. I want us to be powerful both in bending like Toph, and be the physically best bender to ever exist.

so whos up for finding Toph in the future and showing her our YOUTHFUL DETERMINATION by asking her to train us and not taking no for an answer (in guy fassion by doing increasingly insane amounts of exercise and training till she says yes)

Last edited:
so whos up for finding Toph in the future and showing her our YOUTHFUL DETERMINATION by askig her to train us and not taking no for an answer (in guy fassion by doing increasingly insane amounts of exercise and training till she says yes)
We'll do 1000 pushups with boulders on our back outside her house as proof of our youthfull spirit. And if that doesn't do it, we'll do 2000 squats while supporting boulders on our outstretched hands!

We'll do 1000 pushups with boulders on our back outside her house as proof of our youthfull spirit. And if that doesn't do it, we'll do 2000 squats while supporting boulders on our outstretched hands!
and if that doesn't work we shall do 500 laps on our hands carying boulders on each foot

Last edited:
Vote Tally : The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest) | Page 37 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.7.4

Task: Response

[12][Response] "Not if my YOUTH burns brighter!"

——————————————————————————————————————————————
Task: Strategy

[5][Strategy] Open with Earthbending, strike the earth to break up the ground and throw up a lot of dust, then leap off and open with a DYNAMIC ENTRY, through it where she can't see to get in close(and also avoiding her own seismic sense), switching to close quarters grappling to throw her once you are in where she won't have the time to wind up the motions for bending. THEN send her flying up and juggle her in the air until she gives in or finds a counterattack.
[4][Strategy] Open with Earthbending, strike the earth to break up the ground and throw up a lot of dust, then leap off and open with a DYNAMIC ENTRY, through it where she can't see to get in close(and also avoiding her own seismic sense), switching to close quarters grappling to throw her once you are in where she won't have the time to wind up the motions for bending.
[3][Strategy] Open with Earthbending, strike the earth to break up the ground and throw up a lot of dust, then leap off and open with a DYNAMIC ENTRY, through it where she can't see to get in close, switching to close quarters grappling to throw her once you are in where she won't have the time to wind up the motions for bending. THEN send her flying up and juggle her in the air until she gives in or finds a counterattack.

Total No. of Voters: 12

Yosh!
[x]"Not if my YOUTH burns brighter!"

[x] Open with Earthbending, strike the earth to break up the ground and throw up a lot of dust, then leap off and open with a DYNAMIC ENTRY, through it where she can't see to get in close(and also avoiding her own seismic sense), switching to close quarters grappling to throw her once you are in where she won't have the time to wind up the motions for bending. THEN send her flying up and juggle her in the air until she gives in or finds a counterattack.

I just smiled, "Not if my YOUTH burns brighter!"

I rise my right foot and then lower it against the ground taking a step and destroying part the earth creating a lot of dust. I push the dust a little so it began to cover the area and move through it looking to attack Korra by surprise.

Sadly she reacted just as fast; she began to move a big pile of snow around her absorbing the dust that touched.

That's bad, I only have a moment before she would clean the whole field, running as fast as I could I moved just behind her and then I jumped right at her with my foot in the air, "Dynamic Entry!"

But I was too late, "Agh!" Just before I reached her I was engulfed be the pile of snow that was circling her. Up was down, left was right, I was rolling and spinning at all direction inside the snow.

I need to stop this or I will throw up!

Desperately I throw a punch through the snow and luckily for me it reached to the ground, I then grab it with all my strength stopping completely.

Before I could stand again I notice something on my right foot, in was encase in ice.

"It seems like I freeze your Youth Li!" Korra exclaimed with her hands on her hip and a big smug smile.

"Heh," I just smirked, "You thing something like this can stop my passion!? If you try to freeze my flames," I rise my foot as high as I can, "You will need to stop the energy of my Youth too!" and lower my foot as fast as I could, making it crash with the ground and breaking the ice.

Korra just keep smiling, "I don't understand any of that! Ready for round two!?" And just as she said it, two ice balls were throwing at me.

I created a wall stopping the attack and then push it right at her.

Korra just slide to the side using the snow dodging it, the moving wall keep moving until it creased against the walls of the compound.

"Yosh! Bring it!"

Past Life Connection: D+ (O O) >>> D+ (X O)

[] Write in.

[X] Bulldoze forward with diagonally upthrust wall-wedges in waves as you advance behind them, confusing your direction as you try to get close and get a grab on her.

Ah, looks like we'll need to give Li opportunities for more dustbending practice. Not yet effective enough against a prepared bender.

It's probably time to sustain an up-close approach. Maybe take advantage of lessons from his old memories too.

Ah, looks like we'll need to give Li opportunities for more dustbending practice. Not yet effective enough against a prepared bender.

It's probably time to sustain an up-close approach. Maybe take advantage of lessons from his old memories too.
well meditation of the past life might help hopefully he'll get a flash back of Gaara ... Hopefully make a non-lethal version

[X] Bulldoze forward with diagonally up thrust wall-wedges in waves as you advance behind them, confusing your direction as you try to get close and get a grab on her.

Do the hidden lotus
EDIt: i think thats what the tequnique is called anyway its the one were you kick the guy repeatedly into the air then suplex them down

Last edited:
[X] Push the snow away with rock walls and restrict her movement. Use the rock walls to get close without her seeing which direction you are coming from with tremor sense before bursting through on in ayouthful display of ambush techniques.

Can't think of anything better at the moment.

Last edited:
Back