The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest)

Ok, votes close, please someone make a tally.

Edit: thanks for the corrections, I fixed them.

Last edited:
Vote Tally : The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest) | Page 30 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.7.8

[X] Train earthbending with Master Bao
No. of Votes: 21

[X] Spend time with Korra
No. of Votes: 21

[X] Spend time with Master Bao
No. of Votes: 18

[X] Try to train your seismic sense
No. of Votes: 13

[X] Train moving in the shadows
No. of Votes: 12

[X] Explore the compund
No. of Votes: 9

[X] Train the Strong Fist on my own
No. of Votes: 6

[X] Learning to meditate
No. of Votes: 3

[X] Try to learn more about the world
No. of Votes: 1

Total No. of Voters: 26

Motivation.

[X] Try to train your seismic sense

"Li"

"Yes, Master Bao?"

"Why do you have a bandage over your eyes?"

"It's simple Master! I want to train my seismic sense to the max so I'm making my body use just it to see where I'm going!" I answered with pride, "I had some small falls, but it was worth it!"

Seismic Sense: E++

"Seismic sense? That's quite the advance technique Li," Master said with a little wonder in his voice, "How did you learn it?"

"It was after one of my sessions of waterbending katas, I tried to move, slowly focusing my mind in my connection to the earth and I felt it," I said remembering that day.

"That's impressive Li, hmmm I think I know what the training will be today," Master Bao then entered the basic attack form, "I will send lines of spikes at you, and you will use your sense to throw your own ones and stop them, understood?"

"Yes! I will stop all of them! If not then I will run 200 times around the compound on my hands!"

"…Well, at less you're motivated."

Earthbending: D+++ (O O) >>> C (O O)
Direct Contact: E+++ >>> D (X O)
Block: E+
Seismic Sense: E+++

----------
"Hey Master Bao, why did you join the White Lotus?" I asked him after our last training session, while doing push-ups to calm down.

"Hmmm, it was actually a long time ago, the day that there was a second sun in the sky," Master Bao said sounding like it was a fond memory.

"Huh? Second sun?"

"Well, it was actually a comet, Sozin's comet, you remember it from your history lessons, right?"

"Yeah, it gave a boost of power to all the fire benders, right?"

Mental Skill: E+++
Knowledge – World History: F++

"Correct. At that time I was just a small child in Ba Sing Se. They were dark times; the Fire Nation had managed to conquer my city, forcing many of the earthbenders to run away or hide. My parents tried their best but eventually they found us," Master Bao said with great sadness, "my parents sacrifice themselves so I could escape *sigh* but it was useless, the firebenders captured me a few minutes later, I was terrified, will they kill? Will they throw me in a dungeon forever? Those were my thoughts then, and suddenly, a miracle happened, the White Lotus."

By this moment I had stopped my push-up and was just listening to the Master's tale.

"They were everywhere, Masters of the 3 Elements and even some without any, fighting against the fire nation soldiers and winning. It was a sight of wonder: it was fast, it was brutal, and it was the best moment of my life."

"And then what happened?" Korra said from my side… wait what? Since when she's here?

"Well after that the people of Ba Sing Se began to liberated the city with the help of the White Lotus," he continue, no looking surprise be the sudden apparition of Korra, "it took some days but eventually the city was liberate and the Fire Nation had yielded, years later I join the White Lotus inspired by their actions that day," he finished with a fond smile.

"*sniff* That's a wonderful story Master! *sniff* Full of passion and wonder!" I yelled while feeling my flame of Youth burning bright.

???: E+++ (???)

Master Bao just smiled at my direction.
----------
"Hey Li, why did you join the White Lotus?" Korra asked me the next day after hearing Master Bao story.

"Well, first was because I wanted to be just like in my dreams," I began to explain.

"Your dreams of your past life right? I wish I could have those, but Gran Gran says that I had to learn to meditate for that," She said in a tone of disgust.

"Yeah, but now I have a different reason," I said before looking at her right at the eyes.

"Huh?"

"So I can become a powerful Master and fight alongside my best friend!" I exclaimed while holding a thumbs up.

Korra just stared at my for a moment before a big smile appeared in her face.

"Well you better train a lot, because I will be a great Avatar and you will have to be at my level!"

"Of course!"

Charming: F+++
Cool: F++

----------
Choose 4:

[] Keep doing waterbending katas
[] Train earthbending with Master Bao
[] Train moving in the shadows
[] Try to train your seismic sense
[] Train the Strong Fist on my own
[] Spend time with Master Bao
[] Spend time with Korra
[] Learning to meditate
[] Explore the compound
[] Try to learn more about the world

----------
Knowledge – World History: F++ (How much you know about the world in general)

AN: Yeah, Master Bao is quite the old man.

Last edited:
[] Keep doing waterbending katas
[] Try to train your seismic sense
[] Learning to meditate
[X] Explore the compound

Any objections to this plan?

Last edited:
[X] Learning to meditate

Can't we have a turn were we don't spend time with Korra ? We alreeady spent a lot of time with her and we have a lot of other stuff to do.

That's fair, I simply figured we were trying to make Gai more socially capable and spending time with friends is good for that.
But you're right, we don't want to be as ignorant as we are when we finally leave the compound.

[x] Spend time with Korra
[X] Learning to meditate
[X] Explore the compund

Meditation is the path to chi and chakra and memory.

Meditating with Korra is the path to figuring out kinetic meditation and making her not suck at it.

[X] Learning to meditate

That's fair, I simply figured we were trying to make Gai more socially capable and spending time with friends is good for that.
But you're right, we don't want to be as ignorant as we are when we finally leave the compound.
While that is a worthy goal the problem is that expending all out time with Korra is a realy bad way to go about it, there only so much interacting with the same person over and over can teach us, we would be better served exploring the compound to find more people, and at the very least Master Bao is always around.

Meditating with Korra is the path to figuring out kinetic meditation and making her not suck at it.
Doesn't the turn were we spent time with Korra and trained meditation buth didn't get anything whatsoever related to Kinetic meditation kind of disprove this statement ?

[x] Try to train your seismic sense
[] Spend time with Korra
[x] Learning to meditate
[x] Explore the compund
[x] Try to learn more about the world

[x] Spend time with Master Bao
[x] Learning to meditate
[x] Try to learn more about the world

[X] Keep doing waterbending katas
[X] Learning to meditate

Korras also learning waterbending, so it seems like we would learn that even faster than normal. And QM said we could get something.
Meditation can also lead to some thing very interesting

[X] Keep doing waterbending katas
[X] Learning to meditate

[X] Learning to meditate
[X] Explore the compound

[X] Learning to meditate
[X] Explore the compound

Does no one want to learn Waterbending Katas with Korra? We should be able to learn out rather quickly alongside her, and QM has said could learn something rather neat.

Back