The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest)

[X] Train the Strong Fist on my own

Yosh! If Li can't punch a boulder in half in 3 years, he'll do 20 laps around the compound! On. His. Hands.

Last edited:
We have Body of Steel. Seriously, stop it guys, it's kind of annoying when the Author has already stated this stuff a couple of times.
Why? We are just wishing to have a pivotal part of the character who we reincarnated as. I'm fine without having Chakra, Chakra isn't part of Gai. The Gates on the other hand, is. Putting his body into Overdrive for more power, hurting himself in the process.

Could we get a Bending version of the Eight Gates? Sorta a knock-off, tough on the body, Avatar State?
Sorry but no, is just that the levels of power between the 2 series are too different, seriusly only the speed boost that Rock Lee (a genin) have when he isn't using his weights would make Li invencible, Li would simply rush at any master bender before they could even move.

Why? We are just wishing to have a pivotal part of the character who we reincarnated as. I'm fine without having Chakra, Chakra isn't part of Gai. The Gates on the other hand, is. Putting his body into Overdrive for more power, hurting himself in the process.
But here could be some kind of "poor man version" I would have to think how to make it fair.

Last edited:
Sorry but no, is just that the levels of power between the 2 series are too different, seriusly only the speed boost that Rock Lee (a genin) have when he isn't using his weights would make Li invencible, Li would simply rush at any master bender before they could even move.
Then change the power level. After all, we are working with Chi instead of Chakra, it's exact mechanics are bound to be very different.
But here could be some kind of "poor man version" I would have to think how to make it fair.
I think a big factor would be how much strain it puts on the body. Lee was almost crippled by opening 5 gates. And each progressive gate is harder to unlock than the last. Do note that Lee only unlocked 1 further gate in the 5 years between Naruto and Shippuden.

[X] Slow dancing training?
[X] Train earthbending on my own
[X] Visit the orphanage

Last edited:
Vote Tally : The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest) | Page 10 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.7.4

[17] Train the Strong Fist on my own
[14] Slow dancing training?
[13] Train earthbending on my own
[9] Visit the orphanage
[4] Spend time with Master Bao
[3] Explore the headquarters

Total No. of Voters: 21
Come on people, we promised we'd visit the Orphanage.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind having some knock off gates - They are a pivotal part of Gai's character after all, but even so; Story balance is key.

I think they should to be an option, hut how strong they are is entirely up to the author. After all, where is the fun in steamrolling everyone with OP gate techniques? where is the suspense? :)

I wouldn't mind having some knock off gates - They are a pivotal part of Gai's character after all, but even so; Story balance is key.

I think they should to be an option, hut how strong they are is entirely up to the author. After all, where is the fun in steamrolling everyone with OP gate techniques? where is the suspense? :)
I think the Author could fairly easily come up with ways to challenge us, even if we are OP. Simple hit us in ways that negate our OP. Like with someone else who is OP, like Vaatu. Or hit us with a TON of people, perhaps a massive swarm of dark spirits. Or maybe a Chi Blocker, who can fuck up our insides, and I could see that mixing badly with the Gates, perhaps explosively so depending on how much chi we got. Or maybe someone stealthy. Or maybe not hit us at all, but our friends.

Last edited:
...I think I got a way to balance it, it will be weaker than the Naruto-verse version, and you will only be capable of learning it (there will be a story reason) when canon starts, so by the end of book 2 you may only have 2 gates, maybe.

Seems fair?

...I think I got a way to balance it, it will be weaker than the Naruto-verse version, and you will only be capable of learning it (there will be a story reason) when canon starts, so by the end of book 2 you may only have 2 gates, maybe.

Seems fair?
Sure thing. It's a hard technique, in Naruto almost no ninja can go beyond 1. And even if we got Memories on how to do the Gates, we have to adapt it because we ain't doing Chakra anymore.
Plus, since we aren't doing Chakra, we don't got the bodily reinforcement that Chakra gives, making the Gates even tougher on the body.
So yeah, not being able ot get it soon makes total sense.

[X] Visit the orphanage

Seems fair?

Yes, that seems scaled to the avatar-verse.

[X] Train the Strong Fist on my ownt

[X] Visit the orphanage
[X] Train the Strong Fist on my ownt

[X] Visit the orphanage
Promises at the present.

Guide to the future.

Memento of the past.

[] Slow dancing training?
[] Train the Strong Fist on my own
[] Spend time with Master Bao
[X] Explain more of my dreams to Master Bao
[] Explore the headquarters
[X] Visit the orphanage
[] Try to learn more about the world
[] Explore the city

This is likely going to end up with Li using Mantis-style earthbending for everyday fighting and Strong Fist during serious encounters, I take it.

Or... use earthbending to launch himself at the target then use Strong Fist to pound the enemy into submission.

[] Slow dancing training?
[] Train earthbending on my own
[X] Spend time with Master Bao
[] Explain more of my dreams to Master Bao
[] Explore the headquarters
[X] Visit the orphanage
[] Try to learn more about the world
[] Explore the city

Visit the orphanage is a shoe-in. We promised, after all!

Back