The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest)

...We are practically the Superman equivelent of the Avatar world and we have the potential to literally solo and entire fleets and armies including the ability to punch out mechs and ships with our barehands. For me it would be both infuriating and disappointing if people voted to sneak all the damn time since honestly what the hell would is even the point of raising all our other skills if we are just going to sneak attack everyone all the time?

Honest question, are there any people here who want us to sneak all the time rather than go for flashy fights? Really liked to know incase the majority if enough people are into that so I can consider quitting rather than waste my time and end up disappointed.
Because
A) Hounding people from the shadows, especeially if they know we are there but STILL can't find us, can be rather fun at times.
B) We might need it. We are awesome, but we aren't necessarily going to be SO awesome that we can take on everything with brute force. There are many threats the GM could make, both by just extrapolating stuff that we already know exist within setting, and by taking advantage of all the unknown shit so he can say whatever is there that he wants to be there, especially since inter dimensional shenanigans are already in play.
Sure, but is most practical to use the feet if you're in fights and things like that, but the clarity would only be better for a few inches before return to normal.
Seems like it could have been used here, so Li didn't have to go through the process of taking off his shoe.
And why would it only be good for a few inches? It would seem like it'd multiply our clarity range. Like, if by a factor of two, using our hands we can see something at 10 feet the same way our feet could see it at 5. And it could easily be more. If you want us to not be able to use our hands all the time, could take advantage of their increased sensitivity, and big "loud" vibrations could "hurt out ears".
Vote Tally : The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest) | Page 106 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.7.4

[8] Take them out from the shadows.
[7] Blow a wall, time to make some noise.
[4] Call the guards.
-[1] Plan: WildCardFool — https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/posts/7919138
[2] Take them out from the shadows. If discovered, go all-out and don't hold back.
[1] Dynamic Entry!

Total No. of Voters: 20

I think people just want to use this as an opportunity to train our stealth with little risk to ourselves incase we should ever need it in future. I wouldn't worry overmuch about this vote, remember we are playing the reincarnation Maito Gai, and even though the man was Ninja he was anything but subtle.

Kind of worried that I am going to come here for one thing only for it to turn into something I have absolutely no interest in. Like I go into a quest that literally called itself a slice work where it would be based on interacting and making friends with characters only for it to turn into a villain quest with the character turning into a backstabbing traitor who only cares about glory working for one of the most despicable villains in fiction and I ended up wasting hours of my time reading the story and omakes along with following the comment section. Not saying that going full stealth would be that bad just that I wouldn't be thrilled we went full stealth and would like to know if we are heading there early.

Sure, but is most practical to use the feet if you're in fights and things like that, but the clarity would only be better for a few inches before return to normal.
So can we use it to predict what the enemy will do through our feet? Not sure if Toph ever did this, but it sounds possible... if we got it to like S rank :rofl:

Kind of worried that I am going to come here for one thing only for it to turn into something I have absolutely no interest in. Like I go into a quest that literally called itself a slice work where it would be based on interacting and making friends with characters only for it to turn into a villain quest with the character turning into a backstabbing traitor who only cares about glory working for one of the most despicable villains in fiction and I ended up wasting hours of my time reading the story and omakes along with following the comment section. Not saying that going full stealth would be that bad just that I wouldn't be thrilled we went full stealth and would like to know if we are heading there early.
I doubt very much that this quest will go the route that quest went.

So can we use it to predict what the enemy will do through our feet? Not sure if Toph ever did this, but it sounds possible... if we got it to like S rank :rofl:
What do you mean "predict what the enemy will do"? Cause a lot of teh stuff I can think of, seems pretty obvious that we could. Simplest stuff, is seeing which direction their walking. More complicated, shifting their weight indicating an incoming attack. Both of those things is stuff Toph did. Heck, she can sense not only their shifting weight, but would be able to tell if they took a big breath or the like, considering she could tell when people are lying based on their bodily reaction.

I doubt very much that this quest will go the route that quest went.

Missing the point completely. I mean that one of the main draws for me in this quest is us getting into amazing fights and fighting whole armies with our barehands for the world to see. If this quest went the whole stealth route of just taking people out before they could do anything all the time then I would lose interest pretty damn fast.

What do you mean "predict what the enemy will do"? Cause a lot of teh stuff I can think of, seems pretty obvious that we could. Simplest stuff, is seeing which direction their walking. More complicated, shifting their weight indicating an incoming attack. Both of those things is stuff Toph did. Heck, she can sense not only their shifting weight, but would be able to tell if they took a big breath or the like, considering she could tell when people are lying based on their bodily reaction.
Right, haven't watched AtLA recently. I think at its most extreme something like this:
Enlightenment
Basically we can tell how they're moving their body through how their muscles tense (or some BS like that). Kinda like combat precog if that makes sense?
You kind of answered my question with a yes though, thanks:lol

Missing the point completely. I mean that one of the main draws for me in this quest is us getting into amazing fights and fighting whole armies with our barehands for the world to see. If this quest went the whole stealth route of just taking people out before they could do anything all the time then I would lose interest pretty damn fast.
Ah, well at most I think this quest might mix and match tactics.

I chose my vote out of personal preference. I feel that discretion is called for here.

...We are practically the Superman equivelent of the Avatar world and we have the potential to literally solo and entire fleets and armies including the ability to punch out mechs and ships with our barehands. For me it would be both infuriating and disappointing if people voted to sneak all the damn time since honestly what the hell would is even the point of raising all our other skills if we are just going to sneak attack everyone all the time?

Honest question, are there any people here who want us to sneak all the time rather than go for flashy fights? Really liked to know incase the majority if enough people are into that so I can consider quitting rather than waste my time and end up disappointed.
>_>

Yeah, this is one vote. Your last few posts are coming off as melodramatic. They're preemptively arguing against a non-existent position, and threatening to quit the quest if a bunch of people are adhering to this non-existent position. Could you point to where people have been saying they want to stealth all the time?

I don't think you intended this, but in effect, it's as if you're trying to scare players from voting for any stealth during this specific vote, in order to avoid hearing more of your ranting.

Though in this case, that might backfire due to the hyperbole. Which would be a shame, since for this situation, I would love to see Li break through a wall into the warehouse.

I'm pretty sure players care more about sheer Li awesomeness than some odd dogmatic adherence to purely stealth or purely flashy fights. For this situation, there are good arguments for both the stealth option and the flashy option.

>_>

Yeah, this is one vote. Your last few posts are coming off as melodramatic. They're preemptively arguing against a non-existent position, and threatening to quit the quest if a bunch of people are adhering to this non-existent position. Could you point to where people have been saying they want to stealth all the time?

I don't think you intended this, but in effect, it's as if you're trying to scare players from voting for any stealth during this specific vote, in order to avoid hearing more of your ranting.

Though in this case, that might backfire due to the hyperbole. Which would be a shame, since for this situation, I would love to see Li break through a wall into the warehouse.

I'm pretty sure players care more about sheer Li awesomeness than some odd dogmatic adherence to purely stealth or purely flashy fights. For this situation, there are good arguments for both the stealth option and the flashy option.

Actually it's mostly due to the fact that people are talking about us going batman and ninja stealth route. I don't mind us going stealth once in a while but I did start to worry about people going on about being a ninja or full stealth. If we are going to go stealth sometimes sure but I don't think we should make a habit of it just because it's practical since it would be boring in my opponion.

My response was to someone saying that going full stealth was alright and stating my oppinion on the matter. Though another thing was people taking the whole ninja thing to seriously.

Last edited:
[X] Take them out from the shadows.

Free stealth training...and we're pretty good at it(Recall the raid?), especially with Seismic Sense.

It will be fun!

So just realized something and I don't want to sound like I am whining because I think that this is legitimate worry but is there any reason we can't just use dust bending to blind any opponent we meet and then use stealth to take them down? Thinking about it the number of canon opponents who would be uneffected is extremely low. I mean is there any reason not to? That's my main worry about resorting to stealth, because our abililities make stealth way too damn broken since we can combine them with Seissmic sense and dustbending which only a rare number of people can even counter. Really don't see people not using such an overpowered combo which gets boring real quickly.

By overpowered I mean why not just use the exact same method to take out everyone we meet since it's that overpowered.

[X]Call the Guards
Hey korra's dad fancy meeting you here

Should point out that it's highly unlikely we would meet him since we could just call some regular nearby guards.

Last edited:
So just realized something and I don't want to sound like I am whining because I think that this is legitimate worry but is there any reason we can't just use dust bending to blind any opponent we meet and then use stealth to take them down? Thinking about it the number of canon opponents who would be uneffected is extremely low. I mean is there any reason not to? That's my main worry about resorting to stealth, because our abililities make stealth way too damn broken since we can combine them with Seissmic sense and dustbending which only a rare number of people can even counter. Really don't see people not using such an overpowered combo which gets boring real quickly.

By overpowered I mean why not just use the exact same method to take out everyone we meet since it's that overpowered.
Because I don't believe it's that over powered. Earth Masters and Airbenders would both be able to clear the air fairly easily, and a waterbender with enough water could do the same. Firebenders make dustbending extremely dangerous and it could end up blowing up not only in our face, but level a good block or two. Not only that, as we use the method and become more well known, people who want to beat us up will begin to develop methods to bypass it.
In short, I trust in the GM to keep presenting us with threats and challenges, and not let it become boring. For until we become Literal God, there will always be more stuff he could logically pull out of his ass to throw at us.

Because I don't believe it's that over powered. Earth Masters and Airbenders would both be able to clear the air fairly easily, and a waterbender with enough water could do the same. Firebenders make dustbending extremely dangerous and it could end up blowing up not only in our face, but level a good block or two. Not only that, as we use the method and become more well known, people who want to beat us up will begin to develop methods to bypass it.
In short, I trust in the GM to keep presenting us with threats and challenges, and not let it become boring. For until we become Literal God, there will always be more stuff he could logically pull out of his ass to throw at us.

So far in the story the only air benders are Tenzins family. Most Earthbenders may not be able to do anything about it since even master Bao couldnt just get rid of it. Waterbenders wouldn't have enough water most of time depending on the situation and even then if we get dust bending high enough we could reduce stone to dust in seconds.

Though now that you mention it people may realize that they could just blow us by lighting the dust up if we have enough in the air and even then if we have too much then we may accidently get blown up along with tons of property damage. If that's the case then it would give reasons for questers to avoid spamming enough dust to cover the entire area.

Edit: That said we should really avoid the whole covering an entire area in dust thing from now on since it would likely to lead to someone getting blown up, likely us.

Last edited:
[X] Take them out from the shadows.

Let's do this like how I play Skyrim. Try to be stealthy, fail at stealth, smash everything in my disappointed rage.

So far in the story the only air benders are Tenzins family. Most Earthbenders may not be able to do anything about it since even master Bao couldnt just get rid of it. Waterbenders wouldn't have enough water most of time depending on the situation and even then if we get dust bending high enough we could reduce stone to dust in seconds.
Come harmonic convergence, there will be a whole slew of new airbenders. What's more, if the QM wants, someone somewhere could happen upon a Lion Turtle, and be given Airbending, or learn Energy Bending as through that GIVE bending.
I'm fairly certain Bao could, he just didn't. He has Seismic Sense of his own. I mean, Korra was able to clear the clouds with her snow, so I rather think Bao, a A ranked Earthbender, could do more against the dust than the B rank Waterbender.
Though now that you mention it people may realize that they could just blow us by lighting the dust up if we have enough in the air and even then if we have too much then we may accidently get blown up along with tons of property damage. If that's the case then it would give reasons for questers to avoid spamming enough dust to cover the entire area.
Something that should be noted, the "in danger of blowing up" levels of dustiness is a good bit more thick than the "can't see more than a yard or two" levels of dustiness. The latter would serve us plenty well for stealth. I think after having it blow up in our face once would be more than enough to settle for the latter from then on.

Another thing people working against us might use, we can't see through the dust either. If they can take care of our Seismic Sense, we are as blind as they are. I see two plausible ways of doing this.
1) A machine that overloads our seismic sense, or at least masks other vibrations, by repeatedly striking the ground extremely hard. If we are fighting Earthbenders, might not even need a machine, just keep thumping huge boulders against the ground.
2) Not touching the ground at all, masters of any element are capable of limited light via creating a spout to float themselves on, and some tech genius might invent jetpacks, wouldn't be the strangest thing, especially compared to those hummingbird-esque mechs.

Last edited:
Back