The College of Jewels (Magical Academy Quest)

It varies. Parts of it are, and Lusca could point you to them.
So could we make something that sucks up water and releases pure water? Not at mechanically impressive, but same result. Not voting for that, but shows my initial vote is not that helpful.

[x] Fled in the face of unexpected force.
[X] A canteen of endless water. Not exactly inspired, but with help from Lusca to aim your elemental planar portal at a very low pressure area of the elemental plane of water and materials provided by Ruby, this would be relatively easy to make.
-[x]The water produced is pure.
-[x]It has a dial to change the pressure from trickle all the way to metal cutting.

A mult tool for the adventurer on the go. Weapon and water source in one package.

Last edited:
[x] Fled in the face of unexpected force.
[x] A 'perpetual motion machine'. Similar in some ways to the canteen of endless water in that it uses a lower pressure area of the elemental plane, but more complicated in that one portal opens, water falls through it to spin a wheel, and then the water exits through a portal to nowhere. Not actually useful for anything, but the kind of weird niche idea you think would appeal to Dishevel when he judges the projects.
-[X] For fun, attach the wheel to a fan to create a constant breeze.

Hey @Wander, has Lusca made a Pledge? This is almost certainly a bit too complicated, but I was thinking we could make an item that opens a Somewhere replicating the effects of an Elemental Pledge to Water - denying all non-water magic in its area (like a Dissipation Field, in some respects). That'd draw on Lusca, Saphira and Ruby's specialties.

Or, I don't know, anchoring a Dissipation Field or Disruption effect to some water somehow.

Hey @Wander, has Lusca made a Pledge? This is almost certainly a bit too complicated, but I was thinking we could make an item that opens a Somewhere replicating the effects of an Elemental Pledge to Water - denying all non-water magic in its area (like a Dissipation Field, in some respects). That'd draw on Lusca, Saphira and Ruby's specialties.

Or, I don't know, anchoring a Dissipation Field or Disruption effect to some water somehow.
Water that washes away enchantments would be sort of cool. Not sure how feasible.

Water that washes away enchantments would be sort of cool. Not sure how feasible.
A Somewhere that denied all non-water magic would be the kind of thing that while may be sort of doable at the level of skill of the people involved, would both take a very long time and wouldn't be great at it's job even when finished, although it would certainly be usable.

Water that washes away enchantments would definitely be doable though, same for anchoring a dissipation field or disruption effect to water. That would be much more effective than trying to create a Somewhere that did that.

Edit: Oh, and Lusca has not made a pledge.

Water that washes away enchantments would definitely be doable though, same for anchoring a dissipation field or disruption effect to water. That would be much more effective than trying to create a Somewhere that did that.

Edit: Oh, and Lusca has not made a pledge.

Awesome. Well, in that case:

[X] [THE WORLD ANEW] Fled in the face of unexpected force.

[X] [PROJECT] A canteen of water which washes away enchantments, which refills itself from the Elemental Plane of Water. It allows for pressure adjustment.

[X] [MAGIC] Mutable Enchantment (20)
[X] [MAGIC] Minor Disruption (1)
[X] [MAGIC] Disruption (5)
[X] [MAGIC] Dissipation Field (10)
[X] [MAGIC] Planar Creation 2 (3)
[X] [MAGIC] Planar Teleport 2 (15)
[X] [MAGIC] Planar Control 2 (15)

This leaves 0 Elemental, 0 Enchanting, 4 Countermagic, 10 Spiritual and 5 Dimensional Science (just 1 short of Superior Speed Casting).

Last edited:
[X] Pressed onward.

[X] A 'perpetual motion machine'. Similar in some ways to the canteen of endless water in that it uses a lower pressure area of the elemental plane, but more complicated in that one portal opens, water falls through it to spin a wheel, and then the water exits through a portal to nowhere. Not actually useful for anything, but the kind of weird niche idea you think would appeal to Dishevel when he judges the projects.

[X] Pressed onward.

[X] A 'perpetual motion machine'. Similar in some ways to the canteen of endless water in that it uses a lower pressure area of the elemental plane, but more complicated in that one portal opens, water falls through it to spin a wheel, and then the water exits through a portal to nowhere. Not actually useful for anything, but the kind of weird niche idea you think would appeal to Dishevel when he judges the projects.

Planar Creation 2 has cost 3? Talk about underappreciated.

Good enough.

[X] [PROJECT] A canteen of water which washes away enchantments, which refills itself from the Elemental Plane of Water. It allows for pressure adjustment.

I like the idea, but what the pressure adjustments would be for? It would make more sense if it were something like a water gun. It would be able to fire spell-dissolving liquid with the required intensity.

[X] Pressed onward.

Astrea's most powerful feat was that she was a total unknown, and could not be divined about. Now that she revealed herself, it's not so much a setback, but an opportunity. The World Anew might not escape the encounter unscathed, but the power of the Gods is pretty vast, and the number of Council members is limited. They will rebuild her, they have the technology. Wrath or Astrea, not so much.

Last edited:
I like the idea, but what the pressure adjustments would be for? It would make more sense if it were something like a water gun. It would be able to fire spell-dissolving liquid with the required intensity.

That's the idea, but I'm not sure how to phrase it. Perhaps 'A device that sprays water to dispel enchantments, drawn from the Elemental Plane of Water'?

They will rebuild her, they have the technology. Wrath or Astrea, not so much.

I found this description really funny for some reason.

[X] Pressed onward.

[X] Pressed onward.

[X] Pressed onward.

[X] Pressed onward.

[X] [MAGIC] Save XP

Last edited:
Yo, I am on the third post of this quest and I already want to throw hands with the Archmage, fuck that mans, b.

We can scrap if he wanna scrap. Mans is waste.

The Archmage is the single most awesome character of this quest, and the bulwark against the foul Divine Intervention. I hope the World Anew does away with every other Council member so that Diadem could finally turn into the City of SCIENCE without bothering with all the pesky peasant matters like laws and trade.

The Archmage is the single most awesome character of this quest, and the bulwark against the foul Divine Intervention. I hope the World Anew does away with every other Council member so that Diadem could finally turn into the City of SCIENCE without bothering with all the pesky peasant matters like laws and trade.
Broski, Sammy exists. Please do not slander her existence like this.

Yo, I am on the third post of this quest and I already want to throw hands with the Archmage, fuck that mans, b.

We can scrap if he wanna scrap. Mans is waste.
You say that, and then he rekts us with his pinky finger during his tea time. While reading a treatise on inter-dimensional travel. :V
Broski, Sammy exists. Please do not slander her existence like this.
whynotboth.jpg

[X] Pressed onward.

@Wander For clarification's sake, does Elemental Pledge's element lockout apply to Elemental Planar Portals or only to pure Elemental spells?

[X] [THE WORLD ANEW] Fled in the face of unexpected force.

What's with all the people wanting rebellion waifu to charge straight in? Also @Wander - how many people have to vote for xp spending for it to pass? I kind of want to save up our Dimensional exp for the big shinies.

Changing vote.

[X] [THE WORLD ANEW] Pressed onward.
[X] [MAGIC] Save XP

What's with all the people wanting rebellion waifu to charge straight in?
For my part I want the demon prince gone? But it seems a large number of the votes are hoping she'll die... I just don't think the gods are going to let that happen too easily.

Also it feels uncharacteristic to me for her to run away at the first sign of deadly force.

Last edited:
Back