Spiderman: Far From Home

This is bumping the thread, but this does seem relevant, so it should be okay?

www.cbr.com

Sony & Marvel Strike Deal for Third Spider-Man Film

Disney's Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures struck a deal to co-produce a third Spider-Man film. The character will appear again in the MCU.

So... yeah. I, for one, am pretty glad to see Spider-Man:Homerun landing in the MCU. I've said before, this particular iteration of Spider-Man is built entirely around his MCU connections, so getting to see Tom Holland continue to build on that is exciting.

Only just read the article, but one thing of Feige stands out:

He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.

That's... interesting. It seem's to imply that Spider-Man could appear in the Sonyverse movies. Now, it might just be very polite talk to keep the peace with Sony... but I guess I wonder if this might mean Venom get's retconned into having been a part of the MCU all along?

Either way, not bad news.

I was seconds away from posting this. Damn you.

But yeah, good news, and they even have a release date: July 16th, 2021

I still want a Janky Hobo Spider-Man: the Movie.

Knew it. It was all just a negotiating tactic.

Well the big question is if they are going to risk getting political and make Norman Osborn the main villain who uses the bad rep of the new Avengers to create his own twisted version of the Avengers initiative. The whole Skrull living among earthlings mean he has an angle (The Skrulls are stealing your jobs and watching you!) to justify his whole war on Skrulls as seen in Dark reign

Only catch is that it's for one film, with no (AFAIK) provisions made for Avengers: The Search For More Money, or any other crossover films.

There's also that weird aside about crossing over to other universes, which probably means Holland might show up in Venom 2.

Only catch is that it's for one film, with no (AFAIK) provisions made for Avengers: The Search For More Money, or any other crossover films.

There's also that weird aside about crossing over to other universes, which probably means Holland might show up in Venom 2.
Er, it's one film and one MCU appearance. So there's space for Avengers: Infinity Cash, but it's not going to be the multiple crossovers of the original deal.

Peter Parker was the one who saved the day.

Article:
Spider-Man is officially back in the MCU, and according to a new report, we can thank Tom Holland for that.

The actor, who's played the role of Peter Parker in the Marvel Cinematic Universe since Captain America: Civil War, reportedly was a driving force in reconciling the two studios. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Holland met with Disney CEO Bob Iger and Sony film chairman Tom Rothman multiple times. Allegedly, he convinced Rothman to reconsider the proposal, before also appealing to Iger. We might never know what happened in these meetings, but, hey, if anyone can get two CEOs to agree on something, apparently it was Peter Parker.

Holland clearly had an emotional investment in the character. At his D23 appearance for Pixar's Onward, he told fans, "It's been a crazy week, but I want to let you know I'm grateful from the bottom of my heart. I love you 3,000." Vocal Marvel Cinematic Universe fans took to Twitter with #SaveSpiderMan and other hashtags, urging Sony and Marvel to reconcile.

That's... interesting. It seem's to imply that Spider-Man could appear in the Sonyverse movies. Now, it might just be very polite talk to keep the peace with Sony... but I guess I wonder if this might mean Venom get's retconned into having been a part of the MCU all along?

Either way, not bad news.
More likely Spider-verse shenanigans ensue in order to get them onto the same screen.

OTOH, it'll give them a chance to put together a boatload of other Spiders. Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham, Spider-CageNoir, Spider-Miles. Lets them build on the success of Into the Spider-Verse.

More likely Spider-verse shenanigans ensue in order to get them onto the same screen.

OTOH, it'll give them a chance to put together a boatload of other Spiders. Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham, Spider-CageNoir, Spider-Miles. Lets them build on the success of Into the Spider-Verse.

And preach a message of diversity, especially when Daily Bugle and SInister six tries to break Peter by going on about how society hates him for killing a true hero like Mysterio and how Norman is going to be even better than Tony in being Iron Man because he lacks the emotional baggage or as a cripple like Rhodey and promises to share Chitauri tech with the world while Peter ends up dying failing to live up to his mentor's expectations

Only for an "I AM SPIDERMAN" moment to refute Norman and his cronies as the Spiderverse heroes come and fight alongside Miles and Peter.

I think anything Spider-verse related will be kept seperate from the MCU, both because Sony wants to develop it as it's own 'thing' and because it'll make Sony more money that way.

Idea: If they want a 'Nick Fury' like character but one from Spidey canon, why not use Jessica Drew? Just have her not reveal which government branch she's working for. Plus tease her being Spider-woman eventually...

Back