One thing I didn't notice until my friend pointed it out to me is that Peter B. Parker is Jewish which is spectacular. Honestly, it feels both like a nice tribute to Stan Lee and what ought to be a new status quo for the character.

Agreed. I was like, mentally cheering when I saw it.

I honestly loved the movie, but the one complaint I have from it was like, the bright flashes when they were doing the title card. It just really messed with my head/eyes.

Agreed. I was like, mentally cheering when I saw it.

I honestly loved the movie, but the one complaint I have from it was like, the bright flashes when they were doing the title card. It just really messed with my head/eyes.

Wait. I missed that bit. Where was it said that Peter Benjamin Parker was jewish?

Just watched it, absolutely loved it.

Am I the only one actually interested in Miles? :p

Miles is basically OT Luke Skywalker: a good, solid character thats likeable and well written in a movie where several members of the supporting cast are absolute show stealers, whether from excellent characterization, strong design, or just having memorable jokes.

So, ummm

I'll just break this off by saying that Spider Man was my first favourite superhero and that when I was born in 2001, my first film was Spider-Man 2. Every Halloween, I would dress up as Spider Man in the exact same cheap costume that Miles wore in this film. I would crawl on the walls like Spider-Man in my kindergarten and first grade class. I watched every single one of his animated series.

And this film......

This film is what encapsulates Spider Man to me. My past. My present self. And my future self.

Spider Man has been a huge part of my life as a teenager. Part of my ethical code. Part of my sketch-books. And my Halloween costume.

This isn't just a cinematic masterpiece. SpiderVerse is a cinematic tribute to the webs linger.

TL;DR

11/10

GO see it. N0w!

One tiny detail.

Miles wanted to add a cape to his first costume. Aaron wears a cape as Prowler. They both have same taste. That's so cute.

One thing I didn't notice until my friend pointed it out to me is that Peter B. Parker is Jewish which is spectacular. Honestly, it feels both like a nice tribute to Stan Lee and what ought to be a new status quo for the character.

Also, it adds way more context for all of the shit he had to deal with as a teen.

Anti-semitism is shit.

Since it has been part of the publicly shown trailers and ads:

So, I guess "Ultimate" PP had successful franchising deals (hinted at with the album and cereal) to have been able to afford all that posh things in the Spidercave. Seems like a stark contrast to PBP being an absolute failure in that aspect. It does make me feel a bit warm at how "Ultimate" PP was successful.

This movie was incredible. Just got back from it. All the nods and homages. This movie was one giant tribute to our friendly neighborhood wall crawler. The comedy was on point and the action was super fun.

The animation. Holy shit this is the best animation I've seen in years.

The dad was super likable and I wish he was my dad. Aaron was super chill and cool. And everyone was just, simply good.

10/10 would watch again

Good golly, that was good filmmaking. It took until now to realize how starved I was to see a movie that looks really good.

I wonder what Miles thinks of Great Expectations. It sounds like the dreariest Dickens book with the unhappiest ending.

Good job on avoiding revealing too much with trailers as well. I really was caught off guard by a lot of scenes.

Last edited:
Good golly, that was good filmmaking. It took until now to realize how starved I was to see see a movie that looks really good.

I wonder what Miles thinks of Great Expectations. It sounds like the dreariest Dickens book with the unhappiest ending.

Good job on avoiding revealing too much with trailers as well. I really was caught off guard by a lot of scenes.
This is actually a good job by Sony. Their prior trailers always spoiled everything, but here they kept a lot of things hidden.

Just got back. I'm being biased by the honeymoon period and I don't care, 10/10 best Spider-Man movie no contest. Just a few beats off practical perfection and you could probably even argue me down from those if you were good enough, I spent something like half the runtime fuckin' rapt.

Back