and now for some actual news and not just really good fan art.

I don't think anyone is surprised by the nomination. It should also be up for best picture though but hey they made the animation category to keep that from ever happening.

Now, the real test is if they have the sense to have it beat the Incredibles 2.

This is the academy that chose Brave over The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists! My hopes aren't high. I also find that they had to give animation its own award so it wouldn't upset the Best Picture one again pretty rotten.

Finally got around to seeing this, I just wanna give a shout out to Aunt May really. Lets her adoptive superhero kid build his secret lair in her basement, accepts weird alternate versions of her dead kid, takes a baseball bat to supervillains and doesn't afraid of anything, and is arguably the best judge of character out of everyone on the Spiderman side of things.

Finally got around to seeing this, I just wanna give a shout out to Aunt May really. Lets her adoptive superhero kid build his secret lair in her basement, accepts weird alternate versions of her dead kid, takes a baseball bat to supervillains and doesn't afraid of anything, and is arguably the best judge of character out of everyone on the Spiderman side of things.
Also, has some kind of interesting backstory with Doc Ock. After all, only her friends call her Liv.

Wasn't there a scene after Superior Spider-Man got his memory back, including Doc Ock's memories of the time he and Aunt May got it on?

Just posting to say this movie was fantastic! Saw it this past weekend and loved every minute of it.

So, you know Seanan McGuire is writing Ghost Spider/Spider-Gwen for Marvel. And there's this crossover with multiple Spider-people, like the film Into the Spider-Verse. It occurred to me there's a Spider Seanan (who's a anime geek. HUGELY.) was MEANT to do.

"I am SPIDER-MOON! And in the name of all Spiders..."

*dramatic point*

"I'll PUNISH you!"

Spider Gwen: "what."

So, the Oscar voters pay attention to news articles and their reputation, at the very least, if not actual animation.

Back