bold of you to assume it won't go

noir & takuya: we are emissaries from hell! spider-men! pose dramatically and shoot bad guys with their tommy guns

Why not both?

By the end you could have all the Spiders leaping out and doing the poses.

Here's my submission for the sequel villain:

Prime Universe Jameson and his Stand: Huey Lewis and the News.

Last edited:
You know, the arguing about Miles age does remind me that it takes place in a alternate universe to both ours and the standard marvel universe. Nothing says it has the same year/grade system as our america. :p

You know, the arguing about Miles age does remind me that it takes place in a alternate universe to both ours and the standard marvel universe. Nothing says it has the same year/grade system as our america. :p

I want to live in that strange alternate universe where kids don't have to start school until they're twelve. :(

I saw this film and really liked it as a whole. Everything about it was pretty amazing, characters, visuals, and soundtrack.

But man this universe's Doc Oct is pretty fucked up if you think about it. She definitely knew that bringing back Fisk's family would result in them being disintegrated in a gruesomely painful manner, but was still absolutely positively A-OK with going forward with this experiment and leaving that small detail out from her Employer.

Wonder, how she was planning on dealing with Fisk down the line if the experiment succeeded and didn't blow up Brooklyn.

I think she was aware and that's part of why she wanted Fisk to delay more testing. Plus by studying Peter B. she may have hoped to figure out how to fix the 'glitching' effect.
We know that Spidey 2099 at least DOES have a fix for it.

But man this universe's Doc Oct is pretty fucked up if you think about it. She definitely knew that bringing back Fisk's family would result in them being disintegrated in a gruesomely painful manner, but was still absolutely positively A-OK with going forward with this experiment and leaving that small detail out from her Employer.

She would probably get even more funding to fix the problem. After all, she said "all the family you want." While perhaps heartless, she certainly wasn't stupid.

bold of you to assume it won't go

noir & takuya: we are emissaries from hell! spider-men! pose dramatically and shoot bad guys with their tommy guns

Bold of you to assume that they won't make fun of Takuya relentlessly. And have Peni be terrified of the crazy fucker.

She would probably get even more funding to fix the problem. After all, she said "all the family you want." While perhaps heartless, she certainly wasn't stupid.

Yeah, Doc Oct varies between tragic, horrific, and campy. Olivia definitely leans towards the horrific part of that spectrum.

I could kind of complain about a couple things that weakened the narrative for me, but at the end of the day? The movie had a solid origin story, some really really fun characters, some great bits (the entire lead up and reveal of Female Doc Oct was gold) and made me really want to see more films in this universe. So I can't see it as anything but an unmitigated success.

Also I want another film with Fem!Doc Oct in it tbh

Abe you fool, after Fukushima Japan will be rife with dead MJs if people start having sex!

That, thankfully, isn't canon. Tho it would be creepy as hell to have the Spidey from Reign appear.

"Your MJ died? What happened?"

"I slowly poisoned her with radioactive semen."

"........"

Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
A Spider-Man movie, not like other Spider-Man movies. The story of how Miles Morales became Spider-Man. Miles Morales, an African American/Hispanic teen in Brooklyn, suddenly finds himself in over his head after he is bitten by a strange spider. But to digress, this doesn't occur straight away. Miles Morales, a gifted teen, is having trouble adjusting to his role as a new student at a High School for kids of his intelligence level. After a night out with his uncle, Miles is then bitten by that spider, and then is drawn into a battle involving Spider-Man and some of his villains.
He makes a dying Peter Parker a promise; to shut down the Kingpin's multiversial project, that could create a black hole beneath Brooklyn. However, as he goes, he finds himself changing. The way that the spider-sense affects him (via sensory overload) is depicted very well. The way this film is animated, makes it a lot easier to get it across than it would get across in a live action film. His encounter with Gwen may be a little problematic, but it sets up a humourous thread through the rest of the film.
But there is a lot going on, for Kingpin's experiment brings in other Spider-heroes from other universes, who Miles has to help get home. First, he meets a down and out version of Peter Parker, who he wants to mentor him. (The pestering, into asking him to mentor him goes well.) The 'Learning of the Ropes' aspect to the film is written very well. As was the introduction of the other Spider-heroes. Gwen, in particular, Miles gets along with (although, see above). The introductions of Peni Parker/sp//dr, Spider-Ham and Spider-Man Noir were all done very well.
(Although the last three took a back seat.) That the Kingpin's plan involved trying to get his lost family back was a surprise, but a pleasant one. (Although it certainly wouldn't be pleasant to be abducted across dimensions in such a manner.) Overall this is a very good film. 9.5/10.

This movie was fucking amazing. I was worried about the stuttery art style, but it actually worked and I didn't notice it at all.

Peni Parker is super cute and I wish she had a bit more screen time. It was pretty emotional to see her heartbroken over her father's robot being destroyed. It's also a very cool little detail where unless you paid attention you wouldn't really know why she was so sad over Sp//dr being destroyed by Scorpion. I also like that out of all the spider man characters she actually has no powers yet isn't afraid to brawl when she has to.

Spider Noir is fucking hilarious as an over-the-top grimdark 40s version of Spider Man. I especially love that he just has this edgy wind effect that follows him around everywhere. Also the rubix cube thing was great.

I love that Amazing Spiderman despite being a slob still shows Miles that even if he was a beaten down, washed up, depressed hero because of the things that happened in his life, he's still a veteran Spider Man and is perfectly capable of doing the kicking of the ass when needed.

Gwen was a pretty fun character though I kinda liked her previous hairstyle better. I love that the movie ships her and Miles so hard.

Spider Pig was great. I hope the hammer he gives Miles gets used in the next film. That would be badass. It was also genuinely surprising that despite his silliness he's also had to confront the fact that he can't save anyone. Coming from the most parody-like of all the characters this was pretty amazing.

Last edited:
I happened past a luggage store today and saw the kids' backpacks they had for sale: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Frozen, Batman, and Spider-Man. The black-suit Spider-verse Miles version of Spider-Man :D

Gwen was a pretty fun character though I kinda liked her previous hairstyle better. I love that the movie ships her and Miles so hard.
I genuinely do not see where people get Gwen/Miles from, where feelings for him could fit into her arc in the movie (except right at the end, but even that's a little clunky), or what would be different in the movie if Gwen were just, you know, being honest, and he had earned her respect and wanted to be friends, maybe being a little embarassed about the situation after seeing him as somebody deserving pity, just disliking him, and lying to and using him at the beginning of the film.

Like, this isn't coming from a place of any particular bias, I just legitimately don't see it except "Female Co-Star Must Have Romantic Interest In Male Lead Because It's A Superhero Film".

I genuinely do not see where people get Gwen/Miles from, where feelings for him could fit into her arc in the movie (except right at the end, but even that's a little clunky), or what would be different in the movie if Gwen were just, you know, being honest, and he had earned her respect and wanted to be friends, maybe being a little embarassed about the situation after seeing him as somebody deserving pity, just disliking him, and lying to and using him at the beginning of the film.

Like, this isn't coming from a place of any particular bias, I just legitimately don't see it except "Female Co-Star Must Have Romantic Interest In Male Lead Because It's A Superhero Film".
Well the directors specifically said they deliberately kept it to just friendship for this movie. Their original plans were to have Miles/Gwen romance, but instead they moved that plotline to the sequel.

Well the directors specifically said they deliberately kept it to just friendship for this movie. Their original plans were to have Miles/Gwen romance, but instead they moved that plotline to the sequel.

Good to know! And I'm a bit disappointed in that (for said "It's a female colead they need a romance subplot" bullshit reasons) but whatevs. But I was responding to somebody that claimed there was indicators of feelings in this movie which is something I've seen elsewhere and legitimately does not fit into her characterization at all.

So this is a thing:

I do suppose maybe Toei might be hit up for this one.

Back