Souls of Beyond, Returned to Protect (Kantai Collection) (Still Open to Submission)

One of the companions can be a Capital ship? Does that mean I can take another Carrier or Battleship besides Montana and Midway?
I'd also like to reiterate that companions and multiple PCs are not necessary.

I want to challenge myself so when they interact I can choose what they do and how they respond on any given situation... by the looks of it I'll be playing 7 ships..... Ha... Ha....

Wait, @matthew badger, where are you getting Cossack ramming a ship? All I can find on the subject involves her being rammed
Article:
Cossack's first action was on 16 February 1940, under the command of Philip Vian. This was the Altmark Incident in Jøssingfjord, Norway which resulted in the freeing of the Admiral Graf Spee's prisoners who were being held aboard the supply ship Altmark and the death of eight crew members of the German ship.

In the Incident the German tanker rammed her with the stern in an angle of about 30° at the altitude of her bridge and pressed the destroyer towards the fiord wall. The Norwegian officers present later reported, that only the mass of ice piled up averted the destroyer to crash onto the rocky shore. The powerful engines of the destroyer made her escape from the squeeze possible.[3] Cossack arrived at Leith on 17 February with the 299 freed prisoners.[4] She had to be docked for her propellor and A-brackets to be checked in case they had been damaged by the thick ice in the fiord. They were unharmed, but her stern plating had to be repaired where it had been bumping against Altmark.[5]

Ok that was a reading comprehension fail on my part.

Whoops.

Character Sheet (USS Midway) (Out)
Okay, spend some time getting the picture. I'll start with Midway and add the others as I progress in the IC.

Name: Midway (She will only answer to this name unless you become a friend, then you may call her Aria.)
Ship Class: Midway-Class Aircraft Carrier.
Ship Name: USS Midway (CVB/CVA/CV-41)
Appearance:

Personality: Is indifferent to most things. Only talks when spoken to and even then, keeps her answers as short as possible. Will spend most of her time laying in the shadow resting. Only does things that interest her or that will make her life easier. If someone somehow becomes a friend, she will go out of her way to look out for them and try hanging out tho they will most likely be the only ones talking with her only nodding in agreement. If they become someone she really cares about, she will share her food with them.
Quirks: Her face is set on a permanent bored look, only switching to an annoyed frown if something is bothering her. She is always eating something and when annoyed by someone, she will keep staring at them until they are uncomfortable enough to leave her alone. Somehow... she doesn't gain weight.
Bio: Just attempting to survive another day... Make some money and invest so that I don't have to work anymore... Wait.... Seems like I finally ran out out luck... What do you mean I have to become the soul of a ship? Do I have to go out there and fight? Why? Can't you get someone else to do it and leave me alone?

History:
  • She was commissioned on the 10th of September 1945. She was one week too late to participate in the War against Japan.
  • The first large Aircraft Carrier to feature an armored flight deck and a powerful air group of +120 planes.
  • Operated for 47 years and was resting as a museum ship in San Diego until she got sunk by abyssals.
Likes: Junk food. Spending time resting under a tree while munching on some food. Long range weapons. Anything that will make her life easier. Dark colors.
Dislikes: Sharing food, Working and having to earn her keep. People who just can't get straight to the point. Talking more than necessary. idle chatter. Getting hurt or being forced to fight.

Aircraft:

Fighters
  • Sixty-four (64) Vought F4U-4 "Corsair"
Torpedo & Diver Bombers
  • Thirty (30) Curtiss SB2C-5 "Helldiver"
  • Thirty (30) Grumman TBM-3 "Avenger"
Reconnaissance
  • Four (4) Grumman F6F-5P "Hellcat"
Do I have to wait for a prompt or can I just wake up in the beach or something? How far are you guys IC? Any notable events?

Last edited:
Helldivers? They're great dive bombers, but they're not torpedo bombers.

If you're not using A-1 Skyraiders which can do both, the torpedo bomber of choice would be the TBM Avengers.

Last edited:
Guess I'll cut them in half and add the torpedo bombers.
That works. Overall, I think it's a good sheet. Normally, having more than a hundred aircraft would be a handful to coordinate, but I think shipgirl-Midway would manage just fine due to shipgirl magic.

Do I have to wait for a prompt or can I just wake up in the beach or something? How far are you guys IC? Any notable events?
The normal procedure is to wait for the GM (in this case, Jhin Lemon, since Miho is busy) to approve the sheet and make a prompt for you. IC-wise, it's been a few days since the initial Abyssal attacks.

Last edited:
Done with the editing. 30 Avengers and 30 Helldivers for a total of 128 planes. Seems like thats it, will post the character sheet for Montana later.

Want me to wait for that or have you show up IC before you post her sheet?

Want me to wait for that or have you show up IC before you post her sheet?

I want to create the sheet for Montana first, Have them meet each other and then wander around for a bit while they make their way to the naval base if possible.

Where will you drop me anyways? San Diego base or somewhere else?

Last edited:
Character Sheet (USS Montana) (Out)
Yep.... A couple of hours...

Name: Montana ( True name Jean Darke, is following Midway's example and will only tell her true name to people she trust.)
Ship Class: Montana-Class Battleship
Ship Name: USS Montana (BB-67)

Appearance:

Personality: She has a stern personality and emits an air of unfriendliness around her. She hates seeing talent wasted. When fighting or doing something, she will always go all out never holding back. Mercy is for the weak. She is very picky when choosing friends and it tends to look like she is looking down on people, this makes it harder for her to find friends. She has a dislike for the Essex carriers and Iowa battleships.
Quirks: She tends to laugh fanatically when deeply stressed or excited. Tends to walk back and forth when thinking deeply about something. If asked about her opinion about something, she will be honest about it regardless of how it might sound.
Bio: Just a normal girl trying to balance work and school while trying to make ends meet. I ran myself into the ground trying to keep up with the increasing demand of both until I could't take it anymore. Figures I would fall asleep at the wheel the day I decided to quit school... So much for trying to improve myself... All that effort wasted... I am just so tired of everything, I can't even bring myself to care, much less cry about it. What's that? I can still do something? Become the soul of a ship and fight for humanity? What do I get in return?... I see...

History: The Montana Battleships would have been the largest, best-protected, most heavily armed U.S. battleships ever and the only ones to rival the Yamatos of Japan but changes in wartime priorities saw them cancelled in favor of Essex-Class Aircraft Carries and Iowa Battleships. A stillborn you can say.

Likes: Drawing and writing. Reading books in peace. Finding ways to improve herself. Keeping her house clean. Showing off when she gets the chance.
Dislikes: Traitors. Annoying people and those who act too friendly. People who waste their talent. People who toss others aside without ever giving them a chance.

Armament:

Main:

• Twelve (4x3) 406mm/50 guns
Secondary:
  • Twenty (10x2) 127mm/54 guns
Anti-Aircraft
  • 40 × Bofors 40 mm anti-aircraft guns
  • 56 × Oerlikon 20 mm anti-aircraft cannons
Aircraft
  • Three (3) Vought OS2U "Kingfisher" floatplanes, two catapults

Yeah... took me a long time.... Ok, here is the sheet for Montana. You can prompt me once you approve of this.

Last edited:
Yeah, both are PC, I'll add companions once I get the hang of controlling multiple characters.

Now that I think about it... they are most likely going to be companions of each other... They will sortie together as long as the admiral allows it.

Last edited:
"Companions" refers to non-insert characters while the PCs are the inserts. Both your characters are approved.

Back