So You Woke Up in a Room.

-Srax of Glimhollow-
-The Room-
|< << -9- >> >|​

The contents of the tome were....bare. Almost all the pages were blank, though the edges of the pages were color coded to break up individual sections. The Grey sections had some content within, displaying the masked people on the murals. There seemed to be several different groups, though only one had anything to them, a selection of pages under the banner of 'Stonecutters'. Nothing within save the name. So much for getting answers already.

Galen stepped forward and looked at the tome in Takeo's hands.

"Yes, it is as I suspected; no real information at the beginning, as with our own copy.." The Wizard said with a nod. "No point in staring at it, it's time we decide on what to do now."

"I say we got to the beach." Franklin said with a stretch. "Or that field. That looked nice."

"So long as we don't end up dying when we go on the other side, I don't care what door we go through." Rupert stated. "Anyone have any suggestions?

We should go to the forest. Some place with water and easily accessible food. We need a place to camp until we know where we are.

"Forest is good," Srax agrees. Personally, he'd prefer the fields, but not enough to antagonize Short Man Short Fuse again. Wasn't worth the trouble. "We should explore the beach eventually. Coasts mean ports. But the forest seems best for now."

"I suggest we go to the place with the angel praying. It looks pretty interesting to me." suggested Takeo. 'What the hell, if they don't, I'll there myself. For all I know, I could find an awesome sword there.'

"Safety first, curiosity later."

Srax pauses, then looks around at the trio that beat them here in the first place.

"We can come back if we leave, right?"

Last edited:
-Srax of Glimhollow-
-The Room-
|< << -9- >> >|​

"Forest is good," Srax agrees. Personally, he'd prefer the fields, but not enough to antagonize Short Man Short Fuse again. Wasn't worth the trouble. "We should explore the beach eventually. Coasts mean ports. But the forest seems best for now."

"Safety first, curiosity later."

Srax pauses, then looks around at the trio that beat them here in the first place.

"We can come back if we leave, right?"
Galen nodded.

"Our tentative tests with the doors earlier indicated we merely had to return through the location the door was in the area we entered in order to come back." The wizard pointed to the ground for emphasis of his next set of words. "The location is marked by a black patch of ground, going by the locations we observed."

Galen nodded.

"Our tentative tests with the doors earlier indicated we merely had to return through the location the door was in the area we entered in order to come back." The wizard pointed to the ground for emphasis of his next set of words. "The location is marked by a black patch of ground, going by the locations we observed."
"Well, that's just fine and dandy. Can't say I'm eager to surround myself with the kinda green that doesn't grow in an untended shower, but if that's the consensus..."
I pulled myself over to the door.
"None of you touch this thing 'till I'm sure we can come back from it, understand?" I said, firm as I could muster with the prospect of fresh air looming like the guy in a crumpled suit standing next to the guy who insists you call him "uncle." The countryside always made me feel naked, and there were so many things out there watching your every move.
Eventually, I forced myself to man up and open the door. Still don't know what kinda death wish convinced me to put my life on the line for this bunch of shifty yuks. Just figured most of 'em probably still had more ahead of them than I did, apart from the scar-covered elf.

"As long as we go somewhere where there's meat I'll be fine with wherever." He did not like feeling powerless and he needed some dead animal to fix that.

Nirkuhiib the Wormy Waste Gobbo
-----------------------------------------------

"Honestly i wanted to go to the mountains, maybe we could find some ore, but if oyu guys really want."

As the scarred elf was gearing up to go to the door.

"Beware of giant bees!"

"Well, that's just fine and dandy. Can't say I'm eager to surround myself with the kinda green that doesn't grow in an untended shower, but if that's the consensus..."
I pulled myself over to the door.
"None of you touch this thing 'till I'm sure we can come back from it, understand?" I said, firm as I could muster with the prospect of fresh air looming like the guy in a crumpled suit standing next to the guy who insists you call him "uncle." The countryside always made me feel naked, and there were so many things out there watching your every move.
Eventually, I forced myself to man up and open the door. Still don't know what kinda death wish convinced me to put my life on the line for this bunch of shifty yuks. Just figured most of 'em probably still had more ahead of them than I did, apart from the scar-covered elf.
(Just to be clear, you intend to go into the field?)

(The forest. I thought that was where the consensus was heading.)
(Ah, got it.)
The door to the forest opened before the Dwarf. The trees immediately came into view, the sun shining light down in a way that indicated it was early noon. The trees themselves seemed reminiscent to evergreens, but a closer inspection showed their leaves were flat and bladelike instead of needle-like. Bird-song chirped in the distance, though not a familiar call to anyone who considered themselves experts on nature. Indeed, things were pretty calm and safe looking. At the very least, nothing dangerous had bum-rushed the door.

(Ah, got it.)
The door to the forest opened before the Dwarf. The trees immediately came into view, the sun shining light down in a way that indicated it was early noon. The trees themselves seemed reminiscent to evergreens, but a closer inspection showed their leaves were flat and bladelike instead of needle-like. Bird-song chirped in the distance, though not a familiar call to anyone who considered themselves experts on nature. Indeed, things were pretty calm and safe looking. At the very least, nothing dangerous had bum-rushed the door.
Arawyn Cu Chulainn
--------------
He looked through the door. "Well, looks nae dangerous." He stepped pass the talking beard wearing a flesh suit, and kept on walking.

Nirkuhiib the Wormy Waste Gobbo
-----------------------------------------------

If there is anything i wanted to avoid is stepping into the disgusting, bot fly infested forest.
Well at least we have tow people from the treehugger species. Better get this over with.

Hiib steps through the portal blatantly ignoring the dwarfs instructions to stay just like the Elf.

I started to walk behind the ones that where going to the forest. It was our best bet to get everything we need.

-Srax of Glimhollow-
-The Room-
|< << -10- >> >|​

Srax sidles through the threshold behind the others with a vaguely apologetic nod to Ailbhinn. A quiet, irritated grunt escapes him as he flicks his free hand up to shelter his eyes from the sudden sunlight. A rapid series of chuffing snorts follow the noise as he takes in the contents of the forest air.

(OOC: @TripleMRed, does he pick up anything interesting in the scent profile?)

Last edited:
-Srax of Glimhollow-
-The Room-
|< << -10- >> >|​

Srax sidles through the threshold behind the others with a vaguely apologetic nod to Ailbhinn. A quiet, irritated grunt escapes him as he flicks his free hand up to shelter his eyes from the sudden sunlight. A rapid series of chuffing snorts follow the noise as he takes in the contents of the forest air.

(OOC: @TripleMRed, does he pick up anything interesting in the scent profile?)
(A bunch of scents that are foreign, but don't trigger a 'this smells wrong' response. Basically, just stepping into nature when nature isn't one you're used to.)

Lysyris put her satchel back on, and decided to follow everyone else into the forest. As soon as she stepped outside, she spread her wings, and flew above the trees to get a good look at the area.

Within Takeo's mind was a battle between Reason and Desire. After one awesome mental battle straight out of a Shonen, Reason won after unleashing some kind of hidden power. Anyways back to reality, Takeo sighed and followed the group to the forest. Inside his mind, he took a note to go check out that door with the angel later.

-Srax of Glimhollow-
-The Forest-
|< << -11- >> >|​

(A bunch of scents that are foreign, but don't trigger a 'this smells wrong' response. Basically, just stepping into nature when nature isn't one you're used to.)

Lysyris put her satchel back on, and decided to follow everyone else into the forest. As soon as she stepped outside, she spread her wings, and flew above the trees to get a good look at the area.

"Seems clear," Srax reports as the harpy overtakes him, quickly leafing through the book to see if leaving the room had prompted anything. "No blood or rot or anything like that."

Snapping it shut and stowing it away properly, he calls up to Lysyris.

"How's it look? See a road or some water?"

Last edited:
The area the group had walked out into was sparsely populated with trees. A bird flew by, some kind of eagle, paying the group of adventurers no mind as it passed by.
-Srax of Glimhollow-
-The Forest-
|< << -10- >> >|​

"Seems clear," Srax reports as the harpy overtakes him, quickly leafing through the book to see if leaving the room had prompted anything. "No blood or rot or anything like that."

Snapping it shut and stowing it away properly, he calls up to Lysyris.

"How's it look? See a road or some water?"
High above the treeline, the Harpy got a very good look around the land. For miles upon miles there was only forest, the trees sparse in some areas and dense in others. Up above, it was cloudy but not threatening to rain, the suns rays shining down with little interruption. There was no sign of a road, at least within the forest.

To the north lay a mountain, its peak tall and covered in snow. Far off to the west, just barely visible, seemed to be a large body of water. Given how far it expanded, it was likely the ocean. To the east the forest started to give way to fields. In the distance there seemed to be a yellowish tall grass of some kind. The way it was distributed indicated it was cultivated. Wheat?

To the south the forest gave way to more fields, though far off there seemed to be another forest. The clouds over it were dark and stormy and there seemed to be some kind of barrier of light surrounding it.

Arawyn Cu Chulainn
----------
The scarred elf wandered over to a tree, placing a hand against it. Oi mate, ye got anything fer me? He asked.

@TripleMRed
Several long moments passed. After a long while, something finally responded; some tiny insectoid sprite pealed itself from out of the tree's bark. Its eyes looked over the Elf before it in silence. After another while, it spoke.

"You....can you see me?"

Several long moments passed. After a long while, something finally responded; some tiny insectoid sprite pealed itself from out of the tree's bark. Its eyes looked over the Elf before it in silence. After another while, it spoke.

"You....can you see me?"
Arawyn Cu Chulainn
----------
"Yeh," the elf replied, a curious look in his eyes. "Wot's it to ye, then?"

Arawyn Cu Chulainn
----------
"Yeh," the elf replied, a curious look in his eyes. "Wot's it to ye, then?"
"Nobody's ever really seen us." The Sprite uttered. "Well....there used to be some with the Caretakers. But they died with the rest of them." It shuddered, its eyes flickering around nervously.

"Nobody's ever really seen us." The Sprite uttered. "Well....there used to be some with the Caretakers. But they died with the rest of them." It shuddered, its eyes flickering around nervously.
Arawyn Cu Chulainn
---------
"Och. 'Old on, lemme test something." He turned at the group, and pointed at the Sprite. "Oi, mates, ye see anything or am I just looking crazy?"

Back