Shadowrun: Sins are not Forgotten

Man my Johnson was going to be so cool.

It is late here so the next IC post will be up tomorrow, if anyone has questions in the mean time you can ask them here or PM them to me for tomorrow. I hope I got everyone's PMs so far though I do need to send one to LastChronicler for his rolls.

Am I losing my mind or is background count referenced once but otherwise completely ignored in 5th editon? I swear I remember reading rules for it but may be thinking of 4th edition... again.

There's a section on it starting at page 30 in the Street Grimoire.

Thanks I knew it was around here just forgot they always put it in the second magic supplement.

Background count is 3 aligned to Christian Theurgy, the reason is because you are really close to one of the most important Christian cathedrals in Europe.

Last edited:
A thousand pardons for the double post, but I just want to confirm with everyone that they're okay with my use of rhyming slang.

Not that confusing, I hope.

So Judge Intentions is Cha+Int, and Perception would be Perception+Int? I don't think I get a bonus from my cybereyes or ears for that.

5 hits for judge intentions, 3 for Perception
samdamandias threw 7 6-faced dice. Reason: Judge Inetentions Total: 30
6 6 2 2 5 5 6 6 6 6 2 2 3 3
samdamandias threw 3 6-faced dice. Reason: Judge Inetentions-Rule of 6 Total: 9
3 3 5 5 1 1
samdamandias threw 6 6-faced dice. Reason: Perception? Total: 26
4 4 6 6 6 6 2 2 6 6 2 2

Last edited:
Am I losing my mind or is background count referenced once but otherwise completely ignored in 5th editon? I swear I remember reading rules for it but may be thinking of 4th edition... again.
Only thing I remember about it is that Explosives can increase Background Count (Run Faster), so I assume that higher is bad.

And that the only way for explosives to get it to 4+ is to kill people or use things like "Dirty Bombs."

Next post is up, now one thing I have seen with post style on some forums is that all posts are linear with no overlap. In order for this work time in posts is not necessarily linear, there will be some overlap most of the time such as my post including the time of all of yours. I know this can make things a bit more difficult at times to piece together but the way I explain it when I need to is a book with multiple characters from multiple perspectives with everyone viewing things differently which is why his emotions may not seem consistent to everyone as he shows a different side to different people over time.

Perception and Assensing, in that order then.
Shojifox threw 7 6-faced dice. Reason: Perception Total: 28
4 4 2 2 3 3 6 6 4 4 3 3 6 6
Shojifox threw 8 6-faced dice. Reason: Assensing Total: 28
4 4 5 5 1 1 1 1 4 4 6 6 1 1 6 6

Oh!

I made a rolz room we can use.

Here's the link.

Change your nickname with the /nick [name here] command in the chat line.

Oh dear.

Well.

You tried. :p

Heh, the whole point if the character. :D Also, not really sure what accent, if any, she should use. Received Pronunciation might fit, since she learned a lot from television/trid/radio. But she also learned from her mentor, who was an Ork from London's Underground. Not sure how best to type a street-level London accent, but she can make fun of the ones she hears on TV. And she can make Performance rolls if needed, to score a few sympathy points at the bad acting. :evil:

Can't think of a reply right now, feel free to enter conversation without me. Though Xiula will take over negotiation duties if necessary, and I could make a reply out of that if everyone agrees OOC?

Can't think of a reply right now, feel free to enter conversation without me. Though Xiula will take over negotiation duties if necessary, and I could make a reply out of that if everyone agrees OOC?
Lovelace is not known for her ability to talk fancy. Her Gangboss handles most of that.

Feel free to talk, Face.

On the accent front London had more accents per square kilometer than anywhere else I have been in my life, throw in an underground and a couple more decades of slang and I am not even sure there is such things as 'wrong' anymore.

I'm discreetly casting Analyse Truth, with Dupont as the target. During negotiations I'm going to be covertly keeping an eye on the veracity of what he tells us about the job.

It's a 10 dice roll, allowing for the background count, and the Force is fixed at 6. I'm sustaining the spell until the negotiation is finished or I choose to release it for some other reason.

Drain is 4, and is an 11 dice test.

EDIT: My Spellcasting roll had 2 hits and my Resist Drain had 5. I'm gonna spend a point of Edge to reroll all of my failed dice on the Spellcasting (8 dice).

EDIT 2.0: Spell cast with 5 hits.
LastChronicler threw 10 6-faced dice. Reason: Analyse Truth; Spellcasting Total: 29
3 3 5 5 4 4 1 1 2 2 6 6 2 2 1 1 4 4 1 1
LastChronicler threw 11 6-faced dice. Reason: Drain Total: 43
2 2 2 2 6 6 4 4 6 6 6 6 6 6 2 2 1 1 6 6 2 2
LastChronicler threw 8 6-faced dice. Reason: Analyse Truth reroll Total: 32
5 5 1 1 4 4 3 3 3 3 6 6 4 4 6 6

Last edited:
I'm discreetly casting Analyse Truth, with Dupont as the target. During negotiations I'm going to be covertly keeping an eye on the veracity of what he tells us about the job.

It's a 10 dice roll, allowing for the background count, and the Force is fixed at 6. I'm sustaining the spell until the negotiation is finished or I choose to release it for some other reason.

Drain is 4, and is an 11 dice test.

EDIT: My Spellcasting roll had 2 hits and my Resist Drain had 5. I'm gonna spend a point of Edge to reroll all of my failed dice on the Spellcasting (8 dice).

EDIT 2.0: Spell cast with 5 hits.

Alright, after each of my posts I will give you an update on how truthful he was.

I remember getting my hands on a scan of 5E Run Faster. It had a section about meeting with Johnsons. One relevant thing it did say was "Do NOT hack or use magic on the Johnson until the final meeting for payment. Then be as blatant and intimidating as hell."

Doing it early tends to piss them off to no avail.

Also on the device, I wanted to know if anyone had anything better or if they had a reason I shouldn't turn it on. That and I didn't want it to be a sudden thing you know. First meeting for all of us, twitchy people.

Alright, replied.

Yes, Xiula is both flirty and a bit abrasive now. Sufficently charismatic people can get away with that, and currently she's running a Charisma of 9.

I rolled for negotiation a bit early there, because I was eager to test out the dice engine. But then again, I do prefer to get these conversations done reasonably quickly, since the real meat is in the player interaction with each other.

Back