For the jokiness of the idea, it also could be pretty big - if Mishrak was also the patron god of a large nation, as well as the creator of an amphibious kind of humanoid, that'd catapult him upwards, godly-speaking. Not to mention, it'd safely expand the territory humans are capable of settling, and add a new dimension to ocean travel.

It's... oddly tempting.
...huh. Put like that... depending on how far stuff goes with these new Deep Ones, and on how the Allardynes rebuilding their kingdom goes... within a few generations or so, Mishrak could possibly end up equalling one of the Four Seasons.

Wow, I had been wondering about that, but wasn't sure if it was because of me, or just because you were focusing on Sorry Your Time Traveling Privileges Have Been Revoked until recently and my timing was more or less coincidence. Now I'm really glad I made an account here to ask that.
I had been toying with the idea of finishing this quest with a final story arc that would have had Elys show up to help Dorian and his friends (very similar to what I actually did), hinting at the possibility of them having future adventures together, but I don't know when I would have got around to doing that and I certainly wouldn't have continued afterwards. I didn't think anyone would particularly care if I abandoned this quest (and this fictional world as a whole).

I put a lot of effort into my quests, but I felt like I wasn't getting much out of it and I was keen to work on other things. I've hinted at the possibility of writing a sequel to Sorry, Your Time-Traveling Privileges Have Been Revoked, but I don't know if I ever will. I've only just started Chosen by the Dragon God and I know that it's going to take several years to complete, at least.

Oh well, I just have to keep remembering why I'm doing this. :rolleyes:

For the jokiness of the idea, it also could be pretty big - if Mishrak was also the patron god of a large nation, as well as the creator of an amphibious kind of humanoid, that'd catapult him upwards, godly-speaking. Not to mention, it'd safely expand the territory humans are capable of settling, and add a new dimension to ocean travel.
...huh. Put like that... depending on how far stuff goes with these new Deep Ones, and on how the Allardynes rebuilding their kingdom goes... within a few generations or so, Mishrak could possibly end up equalling one of the Four Seasons.
That reminds me: I need to give Elys and Mishrak some xp towards their next Rank.

Elys completed 'The Mirror Monster' story arc, so she should get some xp for that.

Mishrak created 'the Deep Ones', so he should get some xp for that.

That reminds me: I need to give Elys and Mishrak some xp towards their next Rank.
Seeing that 2/24 is so... far, and yet so tantalizingly close. Mishrak's investment in Elys, though it seems that his peaceful days are now behind him, until the Aspitis are dealt with, seem to be paying off big time. I wonder what his father would think, if Mishrak gained this power not by violence (at least, not directly), but through creation.

Back