Resurgence(Council Game)

Then it would probably still be there, still standing, like the Egyptian pyramids.

You did design it to last, right?

They were designed to hold tens of millions in self-sufficiency while surviving a nuke.

I'll be honestly surprised if each one isn't a major player in this apocalypse.

I'll be honestly surprised if each one isn't a major player in this apocalypse.

I'd argue against that.

They're massive symbols of the strength of the Soviet Union. I, for one, would have been spiteful enough to design something specifically to destroy them. Sure, they may survive a nuke, but they're bloody big targets which will have a lot more thrown against them than just a nuclear weaponry.

On first thought, how about a salvaged Vrill teleporter placing a nuke inside the structure. All that bomb proofing on the outside now only serves to make it a better tomb.

On first thought, how about a salvaged Vrill teleporter placing a nuke inside the structure. All that bomb proofing on the outside now only serves to make it a better tomb.
Even outside of the war, I doubt a teleporter could be designed to not need a receiver. And security would still be tight, as none of the Great Powers trusted each other at all.

Even outside of the war, I doubt a teleporter could be designed to not need a receiver

The Vrill did it. We had a live Vrill, and an UFO.

But even so, with a teleportation facility operational, it is possible to rapidly deliver supplies, VK, ammunition and equipment anywhere in Germany, and quite possibly the world, but the German system is currently point to point; two teleportation stations are required in order to facilitate transit, unlike the Vrill model which can act as both transmitter and receiver, able to teleport targets without the usage of a dedicated pad.

But anyway, that's diverging from the original point, which is that big buildings are big targets.

Excellente.

Any information about the immediate topography? Maps, etc.? They may be outdated, but they may give us an idea of our surroundings. Noteworthy landmarks, nearby cities (even if it's former now), so-on.

Furthermore, how much is a unit of manpower? How far can we push manpower to accomplish? Also, do we really have no existing infrastructure/techs of note, or is that just waiting to be filled out?

Furthermore, how much is a unit of manpower?
In the old game it was in the vicinity of one guy, although tanks didn't show up as needing a full crew if that was the case so who knows.

Strictly speaking, we're a closed society. We should probably have something more like the HoI4 manpower system, where you have a pool that you can increase your access to through effort seeing as we don't really need to do recruitment...

Also, do we really have no existing infrastructure/techs of note, or is that just waiting to be filled out?
Yeah, we are going to need something to work off of. I'd offer to help jacobplm, but... Well, I'm a player. Although I like to think I have the first idea of what we'd need to still be around.

...Screw it, I've got time and if jacobplm doesn't like my description of our base then he doesn't have to take it.

An outgrowth of the original Two Step Fortresses used to safeguard border populations during the War, Long Term Fortresses were all built to a generally standard design. A central 'keep' serves as the heart of the stronghold, extending deep into the ground and being the armored core that keeps the population and living systems safe. Different levels might have different complexes branching off, ranging from workshop centers to empty space for children to claim and play in. The power source that feeds the entire structure is a VK Power Pack housed in the bottom floor, and is very well secured against even things that can burrow.
Surface features are more variable, as the local terrain has an inordinate impact on what would be allowable, but each Fortress was built to be able to serve a plethora of functions after the Union fell. Large, reinforced elevators could be used for moving aircraft or vehicles up or down, as well as limiting the ability of any attacker to simply banzai the actual entrance into the Fortress.

Argleblargle-13 (I think we were 13 at least) was one of the last Fortresses to come into operation, and because of that it was never fully outfitted with weaponry or manufacturing. It has also been fully locked down for the last hundred years, and as such it isn't well known what the aboveground facilities are, let alone if any could even remain functional at this date.

...Screw it, I've got time and if jacobplm doesn't like my description of our base then he doesn't have to take it.

An outgrowth of the original Two Step Fortresses used to safeguard border populations during the War, Long Term Fortresses were all built to a generally standard design. A central 'keep' serves as the heart of the stronghold, extending deep into the ground and being the armored core that keeps the population and living systems safe. Different levels might have different complexes branching off, ranging from workshop centers to empty space for children to claim and play in. The power source that feeds the entire structure is a VK Power Pack housed in the bottom floor, and is very well secured against even things that can burrow.
Surface features are more variable, as the local terrain has an inordinate impact on what would be allowable, but each Fortress was built to be able to serve a plethora of functions after the Union fell. Large, reinforced elevators could be used for moving aircraft or vehicles up or down, as well as limiting the ability of any attacker to simply banzai the actual entrance into the Fortress.

Argleblargle-13 (I think we were 13 at least) was one of the last Fortresses to come into operation, and because of that it was never fully outfitted with weaponry or manufacturing. It has also been fully locked down for the last hundred years, and as such it isn't well known what the aboveground facilities are, let alone if any could even remain functional at this date.

Yeah, this works.

In the old game it was in the vicinity of one guy, although tanks didn't show up as needing a full crew if that was the case so who knows.

Strictly speaking, we're a closed society. We should probably have something more like the HoI4 manpower system, where you have a pool that you can increase your access to through effort seeing as we don't really need to do recruitment...

Yeah, we are going to need something to work off of. I'd offer to help jacobplm, but... Well, I'm a player. Although I like to think I have the first idea of what we'd need to still be around.
I can make unbiased suggestions!

We totally need an arsenal of MIRV-equipped thermonuclear warheads, in the 25mt range!

:D

But yeah, 50 people for projects...

My inclination is for us to update our infrastructure first and foremost. Investment now pays huge dividends later. Get our agricultural and residential systems upgraded, improve health systems internally if we can. The more we can offload eventual stress on the system, the better off we are.

Congrats on the official description!

... But what's a VK Power Pack? <_<

@jacobplm, would you mind if I sat down and generated our starting fluff? Obviously you'd have veto rights on details that I wouldn't know better about.

It does anything you ask it to and a lot you don't: it counts as a type of phlebotinum/handwavium.
Got Skype or Steam or something? I'd love to lend a hand with my knowledge of SOVIET STRONK, even if I'm not quite as well-versed in this particular setting's exotic-ness.

Got Skype or Steam or something? I'd love to lend a hand with my knowledge of SOVIET STRONK, even if I'm not quite as well-versed in this particular setting's exotic-ness.
I technically have Steam, but I'm on a public computer right now.

As for exoticness, basically think of any and every dieselpunk setting you've heard of. Tesla (or arc, as I'd feel the Soviets would have called it) cannons, supersoldiers, enhanced animals, a metamaterial that doesn't come from Earth, etc.

I would kinda mind. There are some things ya'll don't need to know about juuuuust yet.
Fair enough. Would it be possible to get an idea of the surroundings outside of the Garden, so as to avoid having to waste a post/action on what'd be a simple "Go out, look around for an hour or two, come back"?

Edit: The same for preexisting techs and the like. Just a general idea of what we have and can accomplish, really. ^^

Last edited:
You have hydroponics at the least, for infrastructure.
Hydroponics, the power plant, I would expect a certain amount of underground space that could be used for further infrastructure installation... But that'd be mostly it in terms of things that would need to be tracked at this point. Maybe the living areas and their quality.

Back