Requisite pony thread (No creepers)

I've seen two episodes and don't get the appeal. The faces are charismatic and cute, but that's pretty much it. Which episodes should I watch to get hooked?
Well, it's different for each fan. Season 1 really only gets going in Episode 4 or so, but the stand out S1 episodes are probably Sonic Rainboom, Dragonshy, The Stare Master, Green Isn't Your Color or Applebuck Season. But as I said, different fans like different things, and different episodes stand out for different fans.

That said, there are really several MLPs. There are the shows, the comics and the fan works. Some fans like only the fan works, some like only the show, etc. The fan works are not really tied that strongly to the official stuff anymore. They are basically a self-sustaining phenomenon at this point. Even if you find the shows just OKish, you can still enjoy all the fan art, fics, vids and music.

And of course, no one says you HAVE to like MLP. If you don't like it, that's great too. It's not for everyone. Nothing is.

Source
Well, it looks like the old Equestria Expanded AU that was popular awhile back expanded.
Nice idea, and surprisingly similar to an idea I had a while back, but I feel compelled to complain that modern borders are being used for Poland and Lithuania, instead of the proper late medieval/renaissance borders (if you're using "Grand Duchy" and "Kingdom," that's presumably what you're going for)

I don't know enough about Polish or Lithuanian armor to comment on the depiction of the gryphons/griffons/griffins there.

Wait, why did you get LUNA signed by Tara Strong?
Because I did not have Twilight plushies at the time, silly!

But since I'll be back in the States this summer, I fully intend to ask her to sign Princess Twilight and Future Twilight if she's at the Toronto Fan Expo again.

On the other hoof, I have Twilight Sparkle stuff signed by her too:

(the card is signed by her and M.A. Larson)

Last edited:
Back