Replace the Pantheon

Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by Mannan on Oct 15, 2023 at 1:07 AM, finished with 4 posts and 2 votes.

• [X] Plan Something At Least
    -[X][Azoth] Create Anti-Fae Weapons and Materials in the world.
    -[X][Azria] Manipulate Events so that humans and Raksha find the weapons and materials.
    -[X][Azmus] Weaken the Souls of the Elves.
    -[X][Azrael] Teach Humans and Raksha ways to better kill Fae.
    -[X][Azur] Go and give humans a better optimized bodies for the conflict ahead.
    [X] Plan Plan

Honestly I gave half a week and I bareley seen any planning at all, with one of the two plans outright thrown in just to have something to vote for.

If there is any sign that people have lost interest in this quest, then that is it.

And if there is no interest, I just won't bother.

I dont know why there didnt seem to be much discussion suddenly. We should perhaps talk about it.

But personally? I stopped because of comments about you being disatisfied with what was honestly a healthy amount of discussion, plus I didnt feel like the way to progress legends was very intuitive. I elected to fall into the backdrop rather than continue to fight against the frustration.

That last part I dont hold against you btw

But if people would like, i can take a look and put forth something that isnt designed to "just be something"

Edit: to explain that i, as a qm, would also be frustrated and disheartened by the voters creating a throw away vote like that

Last edited:
Honestly, I was just too busy this time. Also might have gone overboard in plan making these past turns, so wanted to just support someone else for a change. Didn't expect the discussion to just drop like that.

I can try giving some advice? Don't really have experience as a QM but I can talk about how this feels as a player?

I would guess this Quest fell into a weird limbo. It is a God quest but also has some fairly defined plot and progression, which is something I can't say I have seen before. Though I find this quite unique I can see how some players might get annoyed.

God quest players are usually super invested in discussion and making creative plans, so the mechanics can feel suffocating. I find having to work around the limitations of domain and potency quite interesting, but having to remake plans can be frustrating.

Most mechanics heavy quests have players that like to crunch the numbers and go for the optimal option. And the legend mechanics do provide a clear optimal path (to raise as many legends as possible every turn) but that clashes with the inherent creative nature of a God Quest.

Narrative heavy quests have players that mostly lurk or comment on the lore. Plan voting is not common on such quests, much less plan votes needing original and creative acts.

None of that is a mistake or bad, it just means this quest didn't fall in an already established niche with avid players. Or at least that's what I believe happened.

If you just want more casual voters, some pre-made plans with every update will probably help, make it easier for people to just vote and go. On the other hand, that will also make it more difficult for original plans to win, which might put off more invested players.

Anyway, I fairly like this quest, but if you feel the interest is not enought to keep going that's your right as a QM.

Im not sure premade plans would promote discussion which seems to have been the QMs focus, judging by previous comments?

And the lack of originality was my concern with that. It certainly does feel against what one would expect from a god quest.

And the fact that progression doesnt come from growth in the way of building onto something that already exists, but rather requires radical change that seems to need to meet some invisible threshold, is why I feel its not very intuitive.

One of the plans I brought up wouldve changed the first city from some origin place of peaceful relations into a city ontop of a mountain that acts as a dream gate and calls out for challengers....and it still wasnt seen as enough.

Based on that, and previous attempts, I accepted that theres no way for me to learn how to play this system

Im not sure premade plans would promote discussion which seems to have been the QMs focus, judging by previous comments?
You're right, it might up the number of voters but less original plans means less discussion.

The first city stuff was a bit confusing. I think the QM said it was like a metaphor for unity? The humans remember being united and to raise the legend we needed to change that? So changing the physical city itself wouldn't do anything. Not sure if I got it right.

Oh, but last turn the other gods gave some tips on how to level it, which was nice. I think we would have done it this turn?

And about the system. I can't say I understood exactly how it worked, but I think I was getting closer? I just liked the aesthetics of it all even if some parts weren't super clear to me.

The first city stuff was a bit confusing. I think the QM said it was like a metaphor for unity? The humans remember being united and to raise the legend we needed to change that? So changing the physical city itself wouldn't do anything. Not sure if I got it right.

Id see this argument...if all i did was plan to raise its elevation.

If it was a symbol of unity, and the way towards progression is radical change...then changing the function of the city should have helped. Or how the mountain itself would call a challengers to test them. But certainly both, since both changes were big changes towards the perception of the city.

We're this far into the quest and still dont know how to do what we want. We're past the official tutorial and still have to get previews of plans or have gods give hints...still limited to essentially throwing things at the wall to see if it will stick. And when we think we're starting to get it, we're actually no where near close.

Perhaps theres no discussion to be had because we're all still clueless which way is actually forward

Back