I thought Vivio referred to Fate as "Fate-papa". That's I remember her saying in the anime at least. Speaking of Fate, her intial reaction to Vivio's adult form was great. She just had this look on her face like, "What am I looking at?!"
The closest thing Vivio has to a "-papa" would probably be Yuuno.

Hmmm, should I try reading ViVid ? It's been a long time since I watched the three seasons of Nanoha, and I always dodged reading Force because I heard silly things about it.

No to Force. All the Nope.
Yep to Force. All the Yep.

If nothing else, to be able to make your own judgment call about it.

...So a loli take on Ranma 1/2 without the romance or Jusenkyo curses?
Or the sociopathy-played-for-comedy.

I preferred the anime.
For what little of it I've seen (meaning, the first five minutes or so of the first ep), so far I've also come to find the anime a bit more hype-worthy.

Now, count up your votes!

Last edited:
Okay, fine then. Don't give the QM a vote count.

....presently, the main options (not counting @ShadowAngelBeta 's "Bandwagon" vote) stand thusly:

[x]Head out to the park and work on your Strike Arts forms. Practice makes perfect, after all!
-[x]Call your friends, and see if any of them can join you.

[X]The Infinity Library is almost always short on staff, so head over and see if there's anything you can do to help out Uncle Yuuno.

Not using Adult Mode wins by a landslide.

Going to leave voting open for the next 12 hours or so while I'm at work, and then close it when I get back.

[x]The cinema's supposed to have gotten some imports from Nanoha-mama's homeworld today! You've got some allowance money saved up, so go watch a movie!
-[x] Ghostbusters
When you're all alone, pick up the phone. Who ya gonna call?

The ViVid anime had the problem of being done by A1 Pictures, instead of Seven Arcs, who really didn't give a shit and were just going for a standard "advertise the manga" series. Seven Arcs and the creator of the franchise didn't want to animate ViVid, but the magazine it's published in did want to get it animated.

A1 Pictures has a habit of making a few of their series have great animation, but most of their series have mediocre animation. ViVid was one of the ones which got mediocre animation.

Thankfully, in about a week, we're getting a brand new Nanoha spinoff anime which isn't an adaptation of anything and is animated by Seven Arcs.

Does it have a name?
Wasn't aware of that. *hype intensify*
Its called ViVid Strike, and seems to be focused on brand new characters, probably occurring some time between ViVid and Force. The lack of the word "Nanoha" in the title is likely due to Yukari Tamura having a huge, ugly falling out with King Records (which handles the franchise's music).

It will begin airing on October 2nd. Our new main protagonist is an orphan who regularly gets into fist fights with street gangs, and who is voiced by Inori Minase, whose recent major roles include Hestia (DanMachi), Rem (Re:Zero), and Carol Malus Dienheim (Symphogear GX). Our new secondary protagonist is a really shy orphan voiced by Yui Ogura, but I can't really comment on her previous roles since the only one I'm familiar with is Rom in the Neptunia franchise.

Here's the trailer.

The ViVid anime had the problem of being done by A1 Pictures, instead of Seven Arcs, who really didn't give a shit and were just going for a standard "advertise the manga" series. Seven Arcs and the creator of the franchise didn't want to animate ViVid, but the magazine it's published in did want to get it animated.

A1 Pictures has a habit of making a few of their series have great animation, but most of their series have mediocre animation. ViVid was one of the ones which got mediocre animation.

Thankfully, in about a week, we're getting a brand new Nanoha spinoff anime which isn't an adaptation of anything and is animated by Seven Arcs.

I preferred the anime's animation to the manga's art (but have weird tastes, so that may be related).

Thanks for the info on the new spinoff. I must admit that Nanoha's loss of protagonisthood hit me really hard in StrikerS (along with the reduction in roles of some of my favourite characters), but I'm sure I'll still enjoy this. I enjoyed Dog Days, after all.

I preferred the anime's animation to the manga's art (but have weird tastes, so that may be related).

Thanks for the info on the new spinoff. I must admit that Nanoha's loss of protagonisthood hit me really hard in StrikerS (along with the reduction in roles of some of my favourite characters), but I'm sure I'll still enjoy this. I enjoyed Dog Days, after all.
I think that the loss of protagonisthood won't bother people as much here, because in StrikerS they still tried to market it as if she was the main protagonist. Here, neither her nor Fate are even listed in the voice cast and her name's been removed from the title.

I have a feeling that this is more of a "lets start a new franchise, but reuse the world building of another franchise".

I think that the loss of protagonisthood won't bother people as much here, because in StrikerS they still tried to market it as if she was the main protagonist. Here, neither her nor Fate are even listed in the voice cast and her name's been removed from the title.

I have a feeling that this is more of a "lets start a new franchise, but reuse the world building of another franchise".
Yeah. I struggled to get attached to the newer characters as I kept wanting to see more Nanoha (and especially Hayate. She's my favourite Ace and I was looking forward to seeing more of her so much and I was really annoyed that they stuck her behind a desk).

Yeah. I struggled to get attached to the newer characters as I kept wanting to see more Nanoha (and especially Hayate. She's my favourite Ace and I was looking forward to seeing more of her so much and I was really annoyed that they stuck her behind a desk).
Yeah, so far literally the only old characters who are confirmed to appear are ones who are major characters in ViVid.

That means that literally the only characters announced for it who predate Sound Stage X are Vivio and Nove.

Its called ViVid Strike, and seems to be focused on brand new characters, probably occurring some time between ViVid and Force. The lack of the word "Nanoha" in the title is likely due to Yukari Tamura having a huge, ugly falling out with King Records (which handles the franchise's music).

It will begin airing on October 2nd. Our new main protagonist is an orphan who regularly gets into fist fights with street gangs, and who is voiced by Inori Minase, whose recent major roles include Hestia (DanMachi), Rem (Re:Zero), and Carol Malus Dienheim (Symphogear GX). Our new secondary protagonist is a really shy orphan voiced by Yui Ogura, but I can't really comment on her previous roles since the only one I'm familiar with is Rom in the Neptunia franchise.

Here's the trailer.

It looks like Inori is going to be a berserker vigilante. And that's fucking awesome! Looks like there will be a tighter focus on Martial Arts instead of sci-fi guns. Perhaps the story will show us what happens when someone discovers magic without any guidance. Or parents for that matter.

Thanks for giving me something to look forward to for the Fall 2016 season of anime! :D

It looks like Inori is going to be a berserker vigilante. And that's fucking awesome! Looks like there will be a tighter focus on Martial Arts instead of sci-fi guns. Perhaps the story will show us what happens when someone discovers magic without any guidance. Or parents for that matter.

Thanks for giving me something to look forward to for the Fall 2016 season of anime! :D
Inori did a great job as a vengeful, hatred filled magical girl in Symphogear GX (singing an epic Villain Song in the process), and her voice here sounds pretty similar to what she did there, so I've got high hopes.

Dat Little Blue Ribbon. :V

Carol Malus Dienheim (Symphogear GX)
Inori did a great job as a vengeful, hatred filled magical girl in Symphogear GX (singing an epic Villain Song in the process), and her voice here sounds pretty similar to what she did there, so I've got high hopes.
But Carol is the best. Her theme song is about genocide. And since in the series, Songs directly correlate to power, especially in Carol's case, it is really fucking amazing.

Grue Reacts To: Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Justice and a Determination to Fist

A let's watch if you want to follow along while watching, and its free on Crunchyroll (and you can read along while waiting for the ads to play :V). Season 3 subs are shaky though, some of the Songs don't have them. And yes, that's enough to make it shaky.

I'm kind of actually hype for an anime series for the first time in forever now. I wasn't actually hype for Symphogear since I watched on a whim, but I got hype during it I guess... *Shrug* It was fun.

Last edited:
I'm kind of actually hype for an anime series for the first time in forever now. I wasn't actually hype for Symphogear since I watched on a whim, but I got hype during it I guess... *Shrug* It was fun.
I loved Symphogear and Symphogear G, but I never got around to GX. The whole "destroy the world to fix it and unite all the languages" doesn't work for me three times in a row.

Fun fact: Hibiki is voiced by Madoka. I think the voice actress is named Aoi Yukki?

We probably shouldn't talk about this for too long.
All these new people I don't know who the fuck they are. @.@
...Hi?

I'm not so sure about the new series. I just started watching the various animes recently and what I'm enjoying the most is the flying battles. I'm not so sure I'll enjoy a more ground based series. In case you were wondering, I haven't gotten to ViVid yet and I have the same worries about that one.

I'm not so sure about the new series. I just started watching the various animes recently and what I'm enjoying the most is the flying battles. I'm not so sure I'll enjoy a more ground based series. In case you were wondering, I haven't gotten to ViVid yet and I have the same worries about that one.
At the moment, we know so little about the new series that it could still be pretty much anything. All the street fights with gangs could very well just be the introductions of the new characters and their backgrounds, and then the bulk of the series will do something else. They're keeping everything pretty secret.

Can't be worse than Force.

Back