Quest Idea Thread

**After the end**

It's been two years since the closing of the portal over the remains of city-17. You play as a small political entity within the southern balkans, trying to survive against combine remnants, xen wildlife, and fellow humans while also trying to rebuild the shattered remains of human civilization. The road is long and perilous, will you rebuild human civilization and overcome the still looming shadow of the combine, or succumb to deadly nature of the new earth?

P̴͓͇̘̽̽r̵̢͎̟͎̙̼̥̼̱̲̬̍̈́̋e̷͚̗̅͑͛͑̎̒̆̽̑̽̓̐̃͘͠͝p̵̫̜̫͍̤̣̲̤̮͕͇̭̞̙̺̩̂̄̈́̐̈́̊̽̚͜͠a̶̡̢̨͕̫͓̮̞̟̲̪͓̭̟͉͇̾̍̂̌̏̀ŕ̴̗͖̪̦̖̜̇ͅe̷̢̲̠͋͒͌̄̐̈͠ ̶̱̰̀̓͊͋͋̊̅͛̏̇̅̎̑̄͘ͅf̵̢̳̫̣̦͔̎̾̌͑̈́͠͠o̷̻̮͔͔̯̖̅͊́̌̓͌ͅr̵̢̮̺̝͕͕͍͍͉͍͔̩̤͉̆̾̒̂̃̑̿̇̒͆ͅ ̸̩̭̣͈̭̦͙̲̤̤̤̗̍̋̄͝ȕ̴̡͈̰ͅń̴̩̺̰̏͠ͅͅf̸̢̝̪͕̹͕͈̱̓̎̋̃̓ọ̴͕̩̬̬͔̉̋̑̈̃͝ͅr̶̨̼̲͚͓̬̆̀̓́̎̇̀̿ẽ̴̝ṡ̴͇̖̫̤͎͖͎̲̲̹͊͆̈́̌͂͆̈́̓͑͑͝ě̵̜̯͉̪̙̫̠͖͚̳̠̭̣͚͒̏͊̂̕͘͜ͅẻ̵̡̪̻͈ņ̷̥̘̫̲̞̥̱͕̣͊̀̀̈̀ ̸̨͇͓̇̓̀̒̋͊̌̅c̸̯̖̊͐͑̆̀́̈́͐̓̇ö̸̡̨͎͔̟̲͚̳͚̟̘̙̘͍̗͔̻̋̇̽n̶͕̩̺͊́͗̎̉̽̍̑̄̄͑̔̄̇͂͝s̴̢̧̖̻͍̠̝͓͕̘̗̈́͆̓̀̓͆̔̕͜ẹ̵̢̨̡̘̲̟͇͓̟̩͓̦͇͕̩̈̾̏̀̈̇̐̆͌̔͜͝q̵̹̠̋̒̃͝͝u̸̧̧̘̲̲̘̣̼̩̱͈̝̇̓͗̅̚͜ḛ̵̻͓̗̣̠̟̮̭̹̦̝̝͓̑̅͋̀͂̅̉̀̍́͜ͅņ̶̼̹̼̙̼̜̬̯̙̳̤͈̽͂͗̏͘c̴̤̮͔͙̖̻̙̈́͗́̈́̄̄̇͜͜ȩ̴̛̻̓̐̇̂̈̏s̴̜̥̃͐̽͂͘ ̵̧̨̙͕̼̟͚̫͔͍̳͎͕͔̼̼͍͋̓.

Right, so, I might be thinking of doing this, but I'm rather hesitant since I've never did a quest before. There was one I tried to do but that died a bit out the gate.

I love psychic stuff, and both the mysteriousness and the zodiac theme hooked me already. Count me in.
forums.sufficientvelocity.com

Original - The Zodiac Squadron (A Psychic quest inspired by Lost Dimension and Scarlet Nexus)

12 psychic individuals are sent into a laboratory taken over by terrorists to rescue the scientists and equipment held hostage. But secrets lie in wait, and the question of who to trust may not be as black and white as originally imagined...

It's live.

You know some mad lad said that I should do an ancient greek/ Homeric quest set prior to, and during the Trojan war, to play as some greek or trojan hero who has to either survive the bullshit everyone has to put up with on the greek side...

Or just survive in general if you are on the Trojan side.

And right now, its really fucking tempting.

You know some mad lad said that I should do an ancient greek/ Homeric quest set prior to, and during the Trojan war, to play as some greek or trojan hero who has to either survive the bullshit everyone has to put up with on the greek side...

Or just survive in general if you are on the Trojan side.

And right now, its really fucking tempting.
Put down some good progress on the vampire quest first.

Mercenary quest, but instead of a human the MC would be the cyborg kaiju Gigan.
Not sure if this would actually work well as a quest but some ideas I had were for Gigan to get paid to go to different planets & cause destruction, take a shot at Earth's Kaijus, upgrade Gigan's cybernetics (Final Wars Eventually?), and maybe throw in Ultraman/PacificRim/Etc. stuff in too.
I'm not writing this tho, just throwing the idea out.

Not sure, I just vaguely recalled reading something about Gigan being a merc at some point (maybe I'm thinking of the time he randomly teamed up with Megalon)?
Maybe he get's paid with food or credits are a thing in the universe.

Maybe he get's paid with food or credits are a thing in the universe.
Or he gets paid in maintenance and upgrades for his cybernetics.
edit:
Ah, looking into it the aliens he originally worked for were allied to the antagonists in the Megalon movie, so they sent Gigan to help out.
Also personality notes from the directors; "A bloodthirsty brute, although a bit cowardly".

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been done before so I'd appreciate it if you all could inform me if it has been done before
My idea/concept is a "Fantasy Steppe Nomad Civ" Quest.I don't know if I could do it on my own so feel free to use it,I guess ?

I don't know if this has been done before so I'd appreciate it if you all could inform me if it has been done before
My idea/concept is a "Fantasy Steppe Nomad Civ" Quest.I don't know if I could do it on my own so feel free to use it,I guess ?
I recall something with that general concept a loooong time ago, 2016 or 2017 or somewhere in that area. It didn't get very far though.

Quest idea: One of those "flash forward" plan quests that people do for Fallout and similar settings, except it takes place during the age of technology in 40K. You build stuff as part of the pre-fall human civilization's technology/colonization/industry ministry or something of that nature, and then get to find out what happens when the Imperium discovers your work thousands of years later.

Quest idea: One of those "flash forward" plan quests that people do for Fallout and similar settings, except it takes place during the age of technology in 40K. You build stuff as part of the pre-fall human civilization's technology/colonization/industry ministry or something of that nature, and then get to find out what happens when the Imperium discovers your work thousands of years later.
We've created a new type of motor for electric toothbrushes-

Imperium: "NEW GATLING GUN"

We've developed a type of lotion that gets rid of sunburns in small children-

Imperium: "MIRACLE MEDICINE"

We've developed an implant that was meant to restore limb function to those with degenerative paralysis but unfortunately it also causes pain on par with torture. We won't manufacture any more but we'll keep the blueprint for posteri-

Mechanicus: "PUT IT IN ALL OUR ACOLYTES IMMEDIATELY"

Main issue is that Emps was really really intent on guiding things.

Nah the quest would skip over the part where the Emperor was actually in charge. Whatever gets invented in the pre-imperial phase would get discovered by the Imperium long after the Emperor goes on the golden throne.
I see that ending... poorly. Especially given the whole thing the Imperium has with being too scared to innovate and relying on discovering STCs of old tech in order to bring back powerful weapons. On top of having todeal with the politics. I could totally an Inquisitor killing that person for being a "secret Heretic!".

I see that ending... poorly. Especially given the whole thing the Imperium has with being too scared to innovate and relying on discovering STCs of old tech in order to bring back powerful weapons.
Well yes, the premise being that the players are the ones that create those STC's, with the Imperium stuff being a sort of flash forward, like in those fallout preparation quests where players get to see what the consequences of their actions are centuries later.

Well yes, the premise being that the players are the ones that create those STC's, with the Imperium stuff being a sort of flash forward, like in those fallout preparation quests where players get to see what the consequences of their actions are centuries later.
Ah, I see. Eh, not feeling it personally, especially since the whole WH40K setting is "It Gets Worse" the setting.

here's a ridiculous idea I had awhile back, I'm not sure if this would piss off the readers or not though. I would have suggested this awhile ago but I can't explain the idea without spoiling it, but I realized I could never actually run this myself so whatever.

essentially, it's a Transformers quest that starts on pre war Cybertron, with the gimmick being that the players are not informed they're in the Shattered Glass universe and have to figure it out themselves. I'm kinda curious how long it could go on without the players figuring things out, but I do think it would be funny.

here's a ridiculous idea I had awhile back, I'm not sure if this would piss off the readers or not though. I would have suggested this awhile ago but I can't explain the idea without spoiling it, but I realized I could never actually run this myself so whatever.

essentially, it's a Transformers quest that starts on pre war Cybertron, with the gimmick being that the players are not informed they're in the Shattered Glass universe and have to figure it out themselves. I'm kinda curious how long it could go on without the players figuring things out, but I do think it would be funny.
Now that this is out there,every potential Transformers quest from now on will be sus

Last edited:

A cool concept, I've always thought that "fictional setting where some stuff is different" is an underrated genre in quests, even if only because it would cut down a bit on players gaming the system with their meta-knowledge.

I think the impact gets lost on anyone, like myself, who doesn't know what the Shattered Glass universe even is. Though of course there's absolutely nothing stopping it from just being a well written quest even if the gimmick misses.

I think the impact gets lost on anyone, like myself, who doesn't know what the Shattered Glass universe even is. Though of course there's absolutely nothing stopping it from just being a well written quest even if the gimmick misses.
I hadn't considered that, people who aren't aware of Shattered Glass would probably be really frustrated with this premise, since they'd never have a chance to realize it.

I should specify that it's the official morality swapped universe, but it's not just the autobots and the decepticons that get morality swapped, the important humans do too, and so do the gods so I think people who aren't aware of it would just feel like they got punished for not knowing with nothing they could have done. I'm not sure how that could be handled to be honest.

I hadn't considered that, people who aren't aware of Shattered Glass would probably be really frustrated with this premise, since they'd never have a chance to realize it.

I should specify that it's the official morality swapped universe, but it's not just the autobots and the decepticons that get morality swapped, the important humans do too, and so do the gods so I think people who aren't aware of it would just feel like they got punished for not knowing with nothing they could have done. I'm not sure how that could be handled to be honest.
If the plot twist is that a bunch of the characters have their morality switched, won't we find that out by interacting with them?

If the plot twist is that a bunch of the characters have their morality switched, won't we find that out by interacting with them?
yeah most likely, but Cybertron is an absolutely massive planet. you could easily go several arcs without finding any cannon characters. although I would likely keep it to obscure ones early on so that people wouldn't catch on to the fact I was avoiding them right away. there's also the fact that a few characters have different names at the start in this setting, and then change to their more well known ones once the war starts.

however I'm really not a good enough writer to pull that off well, and I'm not familiar enough with transformers lore to do it either.

Back