PHO Blacksmithery - Brockton's Celestial Forge

[X] Post

YippyYaw says:
While I do admire Garment's work and fashion exploits (or rather, my wife understands and admires it and I do so vicariously through her), does not one find it strange she's not gotten attacked or recruited at all? Maybe it's just that the gangs and PRT (Keep your 'one and the same' comments to the appropriate rant-threads) have bigger things to worry about, but I'd have expected at least a token effort. Does that speak to how utterly swamped they are, or have some quieter conflicts happened that didn't make national news?

Because, heads up, your clothes are made out of the same stuff she just proved she could weave at bullet speeds. Or simply constrict your clothing with you unfortunately inside... And probably plenty more violent ways to die that I'm not creative enough to figure out. And while I wouldn't count on the gangs as having the cumulative mental power to change a lightbulb, they certainly know their violence.

[X] Post

CatNoLongerInTheBag says:

I can already see the planning session.

"So we need to approach Garment in a way that minimizes her weapons."
"Yup."
"Her weapons are clothing."
"Yup."
"So we need to approach her naked?"
"..."
"And we don't want to confront her in her workshop, so we'd have to approach while she's out, but she only seems to go out for public events..."
"..."
"Somehow I just don't think we can properly represent ourselves while swinging in the breeze you know?"

[X] Post

AtomicTangerine says:

I mean, have you seen the damage Garment's dress went through on her first night out? There were tears, cuts, and more bullet holes than what would've killed an ordinary cape, and Garment didn't even seem affected by it. How would you even hurt or capture someone like Garment, and is that kind of effort worth what is effectively just better styled clothing for your group?

Of course we can see now that it's obvious that her "party planning" can get pretty ridiculous if she tries. But before this gala, it was fairly small scale, and even then I doubt that she would be just as happy to plan for an Empire rally as she was for charity. I'm sure the local PRT would be more than happy to have her too, but she's definitely established herself as an independent rogue cape since the beginning.

[X] Post

ChekovsGun says:

Speaking of rogue fashion capes, has Garment and Parian announced an upcoming cooperative fashion line yet? I know people say a lot of things about Parian's competence compared to Garment, but there's just something fantastic about that idea to me, you know?

Fashion, both old and new in Brockton Bay. Working together. I think it's something that could give hope after all that happened recently in this city...

"And we don't want to confront her in her workshop, so we'd have to approach while she's out, but she only seems to go out for public events..."
"..."
"Somehow I just don't think we can properly represent ourselves while swinging in the breeze you know?"
[Just wanna say that this comment is already a good omake in my books oh my fucking god lol. I'm howling]

Back