While you're welcome to your own preferences, that last line seems...odd, contextually? Warhammer-wise, most of the non-crossover stories and quests I've seen have male MCs. Divided Loyalties is the one exception I can think of off the top of my head.
Its not just Warhammer. I mean in generally. Almost every time there is a vote for male or female. Female wins. Male winning is a outliner from what I have experienced. If a quest says its female off the bat I don't mind it. Its just votes for gender for me.

Love the Mordheim game in the PC, i'm playing it right now in single player! I love the atmosphere, the despair, and the horror music, plus the feeling of the jumpscare when you are ambushed by a skaven or vampire!
Anyway, i'm sad that I just found this out since I would have voted for Mercenary since the Ogre and the wolf-helmed priest of Ulric are the best characters for me!

[X] Who Sired You?
-[X] Isabella's Brood
[X] Standing before the Kiss?
-[X] Born Low

Character Definition Votes Tally
Adhoc vote count started by Uhtread on Aug 28, 2021 at 1:16 PM, finished with 79 posts and 29 votes.

Hm. We're going to have to insist on more standardized responses going forward. Also the tally function seems a little borked by people voting late for some reason.

Adhoc vote count started by Uhtread on Aug 28, 2021 at 1:16 PM, finished with 79 posts and 29 votes.

Hm. We're going to have to insist on more standardized responses going forward. Also the tally function seems a little borked by people voting late for some reason.
Its why I suggested Threadmakes. The vote tally uses that to help figure out what votes to account for.

Ugh, I came her with hope of seeing the first chapter. Instead I'm still looking on character creation vote. I literally don't know what to say...

Its why I suggested Threadmakes. The vote tally uses that to help figure out what votes to account for.
That IS the version I shifted to using standard threadmarks for. It STILL borked itself.

Ugh, I came her with hope of seeing the first chapter. Instead I'm still looking on character creation vote. I literally don't know what to say...

And THIS reaction is why I resisted doing so to begin with. If you literally don't know what to say, don't try. It'll be up once we've gotten to it. Now that character voting is settled, I'll be writing a backstory / first story post and you'll be making a warband plan vote after that. I gave these votes some time both because I actually have things that happen on Saturdays and because the first votes are, as previously stated, important. Plus, if that was the first story post, at 28 words, you'd be disappointed and complaining about that.

Expect a story post some time tomorrow afternoon or evening EST, Monday at the outside.

Last edited:
@Thief of Words you can also have the tally count all the votes after a specific post number

which in this case was the post in which you said that any Votes before that didn't count
Adhoc vote count started by TheWhiteClown on Aug 28, 2021 at 6:42 PM, finished with 27 posts and 14 votes.

Last edited:
@Thief of Words you can also have the tally count all the votes after a specific post number

which in this case was the post in which you said that any Votes before that didn't count
Adhoc vote count started by TheWhiteClown on Aug 28, 2021 at 6:42 PM, finished with 27 posts and 14 votes.
That's fair. Thanks.

Looks like the vote results are 8:2 for Isabella's Brood and 9:1 for Lowborn.

Last edited:
Arrival at Mordheim: Mitterfruhl, 2000 IC
The sun sinks to the West as you begin to wend your way down from the foothills of the World's edge mountains towards your destination. It was a long journey, up from Castle Drakenhof, to the banks of the Stir eastward of Waldenhof, then along the river's course through the hills that petered out from the Eirie Downs into the forests of the Dead Wood. Nothing, however, would cause you to forget the first proper sight of your destination, the river-split, disaster wrecked city clustered around the spiteful fortress of the Rock, ruined buildings clustered like frightened children about a stern, tall matron. Backlit by the hateful glow of the setting sun, the outskirts lent an eerie air by a waxing Morrslieb already rising, you took it as a good omen. The Dark Moon waxed strong, even as the sun itself sank and dyed the Stir, once-lifeblood of the city, in a deep and bloody crimson.

You were not most of your 'kin', and you knew it quite well. At Drakenhof, in presence of mighty Vlad and Dread Isabella, you were given your mission and your resources. Collect wyrdstone, that substance even Nagash coveted for necromancy. Handed an old merchant's cart and a warchest of 500 marks, you were tasked to find your own way to Mordheim and muster your own forces to see their will done. More than once you were accosted on your way to the city, though--

Bandits
[ ] One
[ ] None

--of them showed promise of usefulness.

Across the city spread beneath you now, you see a swirl of the Winds of Magic, but a few places grab your attention as possible starting locations in your quest to recruit a proper warband.

Starting Focus
[ ] A graveyard overflowing with Shyish and corpses both
-Initial Zombie and Ghoul focus
[ ] An odd pool of desperate, burning Aqshy commingled with Shyish.
-Initial focus upon Dregs
[ ] A spot outside the city walls where Ghur stilled into Shyish.
-Initial Dire Wolf focus
[ ] A shifting point of Dhar and Shyish intermingled, moving day by day from place to place
-Initial Necromancer focus.

Last edited:
[X] One
[X] A shifting point of Dhar and Shyish intermingled, moving day by day from place to place

Tough call I'd loved some dire doggos, but I'm going to have to go with:

[X] One
[X] An odd pool of desperate, burning Aqshy commingled with Shyish.

[X] One
[X] A shifting point of Dhar and Shyish intermingled, moving day by day from place to place

Necromancers, baby!

[X] One

Necromancer or zombie party are good for me

Last edited:
From what I can tell just normal human's that work with vamp's for reason's. And apparently they are called "The lowest of the low"... make of that what you will cause I can't find any other info on em.

Last edited:
[X] One
[X] An odd pool of desperate, burning Aqshy commingled with Shyish.

Let's grab a few bloodbags, logistics are important. Also,we'll be safer during the day and can act more discreetly than sending a mass of zombies.

Last edited:
Back