Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

You just need to go to the front page, select any video you don't want, select not interested (I think that's what it's called) and when it offers the link asking why select 'I don't want videos from this channel'.

Yea I've said I'm not interested but every time one of these videos show up it resets the setting.

Also Fafnir I think really hasn't changed and envisioned this being similar to how he was back home. Just lounge around his lair and wait for someone to try and steal his stuff and then kill them.

We really need a translation for all that...

You can't see the full panels from the tweet, but here's a translation of the panels in full. Or at least the gist of it, translating is hard. Also my Korean has suffered from the years of disuse.

Left:

Well I came as promised. It's okay if I come in right?
Wait, wait wait!

Top Right:

So, I told you that you could live in my house ?
Yeah that's about right.
SFX: Fumble Fumble
Eh... What are you looking for?
Huh. Alcohol.
Please leave the house.

Bottom Right:

Kobayashi is a rather Japanese name for a dragon.
Well I'm going to live as Japanese person so like my appearance it's an appropriate approximation.
A truly appropriate choice.

Last edited:
Makoto it is then, Kobayashi's friend and fellow dragon.

They bond over alcohol and meidos.

Meanwhile, a reclusive and introverted NEET (who constantly cosplays as a butler because why not) has to deal with suddenly having a room mate who is moderately social and friendly. Also a dragon, but who cares about minor details like that when he's paying the rent, right?

... I'm getting an image of this mirror world having the Dragons be basically a bunch of stupidly overpowered slackers, who take advantage of their long livespans and ludicrous capacity to just... Constantly goof off and go on bar crawls and stuff, with money they invested in human markets hundreds of years back just covering it all.

So... Kanna views Kobayashi as her mother-figure, right? And by the same token Tohru is her older sister? And she believes that Tohru and Kobayashi have a romantic relationship?

... Maybe Kanna's homelife was more complex than I previously thought.

So... Kanna views Kobayashi as her mother-figure, right? And by the same token Tohru is her older sister? And she believes that Tohru and Kobayashi have a romantic relationship?

... Maybe Kanna's homelife was more complex than I previously thought.
Kanna was aware of Tohru's 'Relationship' with Kobayashi before she viewed Kobayashi as a mother figure, though, so you're sort of going about this backwards? It's more like Kobayashi 'married in', and then Kanna started to view her as a maternal figure.

Also, it shouldn't be hard to understand that someone being a parental figure doesn't actually require or force them to be or become your parent.

So who else is annoyed that Lucoa and Kanna are guys in actual mythology. Found that out recently and shot me through the heart

So who else is annoyed that Lucoa and Kanna are guys in actual mythology. Found that out recently and shot me through the heart
As a Fate/Stay Night alumni I keep getting surprised that people get surprised. Japan (and at times other countries) genderbending mythological figures is not a new thing at all.

Especially with Lucoa. Kanna Kamui is pretty obscure, especially to a western audience, but Quetzalcoatl? How could you not know that was a guy?

As a Fate/Stay Night alumni I keep getting surprised that people get surprised. Japan (and at times other countries) genderbending mythological figures is not a new thing at all.

Especially with Lucoa. Kanna Kamui is pretty obscure, especially to a western audience, but Quetzalcoatl? How could you not know that was a guy?
1: Even as a fate fan I still get blindsided.
2. I don't know anything about south American Mythos

Back