[X] Meditate on your cot for a portion of the night.
-[X] You have read how to access your Ki. You will need to in the future; begin the mental exercises to control it.
[X] Evesdrop on them passively. They don't know how good your hearing is.

-[X] You have read how to access your Ki. You will need to in the future; begin the mental exercises to control it.
[X] There is a training room with equipment designed for beings of ki-enhanced strength aboard. Go there and train.

[X] There is a training room with equipment designed for beings of ki-enhanced strength aboard. Go there and train.

[X] Eavesdrop on them passively. They don't know how good your hearing is.'
Our coworkers' opinion of us should be known and we may gather useful information from it, their personalities and if we can manipulate them somewhat.

We will likely be demanded to use ki abilities. Fitting in somewhat will be reassuring to them. We can focus on our 'edge' in private later.

As useful as hamon is we need to master our control of Ki; if we master that we can work to combining our Ki and Hamon.
We don't have a clue how to use Hamon outside the breathing

At all.

Additionally, you people don't quite get it.

What makes Kars deadly is His nature as the Ulimate Lifeform. Not Hamon.

If the PTO assumes that Hamon and touch based consumption are all Kars has going for him, then that's frankly all they're going to look for.

Not the super evolution bullshit which makes him a true monster in the making.

Edit: Additionally, pulling out ki based abilities the day after learning of them is going to draw attention

Namely to how Kars read 2.5 TB of information in a few hours. Which will tip them off to just how monstrously intelligent Kars is as well.

Give them something shiny to focus on, and they'll ignore the real threat.

Last edited:
-[X] Focus on your breathing. Hamon, from your reading, is unknown to the PTO, and will give you an edge.

-[X] The Hamon Masters developed many esoteric uses for the energy, manipulating magnetism, the elements, and even those bizarre soap bubble things which nearly ended Wammu before Joestar got to him. Time to see what you could do with it.
-[X] If anyone of your "teammates" or your "master" sees you practicing hamon, make a lie stating its how your race perform ki techniques.
There's no point in lying about it once it's been discovered. If they see what Kars is capable of, then they know what he's capable of, whether they know how he's doing it or not.

Hey, this condescending, patronizing crap?

Knock it off. You can point things out and give your hypotheses without being a jerk.
I'm really not interested in picking a fight.

But I won't censure myself just because you told me to.

I will, however, do it if politely asked. Throwing weight around or other, more indirect methods are something I find to be personally insulting. And I will treat them as such.

I'm really not interested in picking a fight.

But I won't censure myself just because you told me to.

I will, however, do it if politely asked. Throwing weight around or other, more indirect methods are something I find to be personally insulting. And I will treat them as such.

Then feel free to leave.

Nah, some people are. Take another look, in particular some of the guys hyping up the need to focus on ki are doing so while making the argument that Hamon needs to be kept a closely guarded secret.
Are you referring to the training room option? Because I was assuming that we would train physically there. @thagguy if we don't specify what we are doing in the training room, what is the default type of training?

Otherwise I'll continue to enjoy myself. That's something you frankly have no authority to deny me.

Actually, as this is my quest and my thread, I do, if enjoying yourself equates to bullying other participants, then I'll indeed do what needs to be done. I'd rather not, and would prefer if you simply correct the behavior I am referring to and do not engage in it in the future.

Are you referring to the training room option? Because I was assuming that we would train physically there. @thagguy if we don't specify what we are doing in the training room, what is the default type of training?

This will be a vote if that option is selected.

-[X] Focus on your breathing. Hamon, from your reading, is unknown to the PTO, and will give you an edge.

-[X] The Hamon Masters developed many esoteric uses for the energy, manipulating magnetism, the elements, and even those bizarre soap bubble things which nearly ended Wammu before Joestar got to him. Time to see what you could do with it.

Ki training seems like it will be a more educational lesson; we know next to nothing about it practically and after learning about its strengths and weaknesses we can then use ourselves to experiment with it and hamon together.

So... Mental exercises and Hamon breathing?
Sounds good to me.

[x] Meditate on your cot for a portion of the night.
-[x] Focus on your breathing. Hamon, from your reading, is unknown to the PTO, and will give you an edge.

[x] There is a training room with equipment designed for beings of ki-enhanced strength aboard. Go there and train.
-[x] The Hamon Masters developed many esoteric uses for the energy, manipulating magnetism, the elements, and even those bizarre soap bubble things which nearly ended Wamuu before Joestar got to him. Time to see what you could do with it.

Back