Kantai Collection - Fanfic Idea and Recs

Random question - Does anyone know where the Orel Sea is located in the real world?

Plus that game was the start of a continuity reboot, so it was a good starting point, and the first game to be playable on Windows rather than PC-98, and generally was just a big step up in visual polish and such. (Albeit now pretty dated compared to more recent games.) All of that combined really helped give that game an edge in attracting people's attention, and as they say, the first installment always wins.

And because of the 'feeding the duckies' thing. 'Impoverished' is an interesting role that nobody else really fills, that has a lot of comedic and dramatic tension built in.

According to the KanColle wiki, Orel seems to refer to this:

Operation I-Go - Wikipedia

Specifically:

Oro Bay - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I was dipping into one of SP4's picture albums – and, boy, do these tell thousands of stories! – when I found some pix of one of the CL-54s. Seems that one Atlanta had a totally obnoxious SOB as commander, so '4 went Loki, loaded up with paint shells… and let him have them all. I do not think any of the many shades of hot pink go well with haze gray, nor do I think that Hotlanta is a good nick for a ship. Any ship.

The updated World Event Map as of the latest event, showing where various events occured geographically:

Going from this, I'm thinking the Central Atlantic, and the coast of South America are the next event maps. I think America will be hands off for a while.

(bleary eyes) Was woken up at zero-stupid-thirty by a very happy and very bouncy SP4. Who would have thought that the Light in Light Cruiser meant Light Enough To Fly?

According to the KanColle wiki, Orel seems to refer to this:

Operation I-Go - Wikipedia

Specifically:

Oro Bay - Wikipedia

I think some of the ops might refer to multiple specific things.
Events, battles, ports, ships, theoretical plans, and other things.

Going from this, I'm thinking the Central Atlantic, and the coast of South America are the next event maps. I think America will be hands off for a while.

Obscure in Japanese media, but it could be Norwegian Sea events next. Or North Arctic.

Or back to fill out some smaller, less known Pacific or Indian Ocean battles.

Battle of the Atlantic might be a big one.

I know you already got your answer but I just saw this posted and it'll probably prove interesting to you in the future.

The updated World Event Map as of the latest event, showing where various events occured geographically:

Is there a translated version to English anywhere? The wiki details some possible location, event and Abyssal equivalents.

You'd have to check the respective event pages for the names. They're easy to guess, events are seasonal so you get Summer 2016 then Fall 2016 then Winter 2017 then Spring 2017 and so on.

Last one was Summer 2017.

I still don't know what the letters represent, though.

Last edited:
Battle of the Atlantic might be a big one.
A big one is an understatement.

RO 500: All my sisters are coming.

Admiral: That's nice, how many are we talking about here?

RO 500: Around 250 sisters. Plus the 700 Type VII onee-chan. And another 200 sisters of various other types.

Admiral.exe has encountered a fatal error.

A big one is an understatement.

RO 500: All my sisters are coming.

Admiral: That's nice, how many are we talking about here?

RO 500: Around 250 sisters. Plus the 700 Type VII onee-chan. And another 200 sisters of various other types.

Admiral.exe has encountered a fatal error.
Ah, so that's what they mean "Happy Fun Time On Atlantic". :whistle:

Ah, so that's what they mean "Happy Fun Time On Atlantic". :whistle:
I remember a picture in one of the KC threads, where U-511 was before a wall of U-511 portraits, row upon row of portraits, explaining to the Japanese subgirls just how many U-Boats there were.

After having to learn to keep 700 Type VIIs apart, keeping 175 Fletchers apart will be child's play.

I remember a picture in one of the KC threads, where U-511 was before a wall of U-511 portraits, row upon row of portraits, explaining to the Japanese subgirls just how many U-Boats there were.

After having to learn to keep 700 Type VIIs apart, keeping 175 Fletchers apart will be child's play.
"Well, at least Oma had something to do. She gets cranky easily, these days." Random Young Navy Cadet.

Conclusion every base gets a squad! It's easier to tell 5 to 10 apart than 50 or 100

And I mean everyone. It's the U boat ration. Because Germany can't figure where to house and supply the horde

And throwing a blob of them at an Abyssal force is useful until the north Atlantic is crawling with ASW Abyssals and again the Happy Times are over

Last edited:
Fun fact: The following coastal nations are where I'm relatively sure they have no ships to call upon (in Europe). Ready?
Ukraine
Estonia
Latvia
Lithuania
Albania

Every other nation is either landlocked or can potentially summon ships. And even being landlocked now doesn't mean they can't call upon some ships. Austro-Hungarian Navy anyone?

And then there's the Yugoslavian successor states where practically no one knows who gets the ships, but they have some.

. And even being landlocked now doesn't mean they can't call upon some ships. Austro-Hungarian Navy anyone?
I can think of a few European landlocked nations that won't be able to summon any ships: Switzerland, Luxembourg, and the tiny countries of Andorra and San Marino. Even the Vatican may have some shipgirls available, as it once had coast, but I suspect it would only get war galleys and sail shipgirls.

Same issues would happen to Tunisia and Cartaginese galleys, and Sirya or Lebanon and Phoenician galleys. Egypt is in the same (wood and sail) boat, and all the rest of European countries with shores to the Mediterranean would have chances of summoning Roman galleys.

Imagine the Italians trying to summon say, Vittorio Veneto, and getting instead the flagship of the Republican fleet at the battle of Actium. Or the Greeks hoping for one of the early 20th century warships and getting insted the original Argo, including as fairies Jason and the Argonauts (btw, "argonaut" in Greek means literaly "sailor/crewman of the Argo").

Last edited:
Huh.

Depending on the situation I may have more authority than the Admiral of the Mongolian Navy.

Neat.

Back